There are numerous options to find coverage for business insurance in Atlanta, GA. You absolutely need insurance to protect your business from liability and accidents. This guide will help you choose the right coverage at an affordable price.
A study conducted by Advisor Smith found that 75% of small businesses faced an insurable event in 2020. Use an online insurance provider to get a quote, find personalized insurance products, and easily file claims.
Recommended: Estimate your premiums and coverage options in Georgia. Get a quote from a dedicated small business insurer.
What Insurance Do I Need for My Atlanta Small Business?
With average premiums for general liability insurance in the United States at about $800/year, protecting your business can be affordable and a smart decision.
Your premiums in Atlanta, GA will depend upon your industry, revenue, and risk. A brick-and-mortar business providing any kind of general product, services, or consulting could use a host of coverage options, such as general liability insurance for onsite accidents, commercial property insurance to protect against theft, or workers’ compensation to offer support in the event of workplace injuries.
Ecommerce businesses have unique needs and may be more concerned with data breaches or cybersecurity coverages. You can bundle most of these into a business owner’s policy (BOP).
Find the Right Coverage for Your Atlanta Business
Next Insurance is a fully online provider dedicated to low-cost, high-protection coverage for small businesses. Get an accurate quote instantly.
What Are the Different Types of Business Insurance?
Below are the most popular types of coverage that a small business in Atlanta, GA may need:
General Liability Insurance Atlanta
General liability insurance is the most common type of business insurance, as it covers the most basic needs that are shared among all types of companies. Things like bodily injury on your business's property and physical damage caused by employees or employers are covered by this policy.
Read our review on the best small business insurance providers to find suitable business insurance in Atlanta, GA.
Workers' Compensation Insurance Atlanta
Workers' compensation insurance is meant to protect the interests of your employees if they are injured on the job. It can also protect your business from a lawsuit if that employee needs compensation for their injuries. Workers' comp is mandated for any company with employees in every state except Texas and South Dakota.
Recommended: Estimate your premiums and coverage options in Georgia. We recommend getting a quote from a dedicated online business insurance provider like Next Insurance.
Business Owner’s Policy Atlanta
A business owner's policy is a bundle of insurance policies usually consisting of general liability, commercial property, and business interruption insurance. Since they are packaged and sold as one policy, this makes the administration of your protection simpler, and it may even come at a discounted rate.
How Much Is Business Insurance in Atlanta, GA?
Making an informed decision to protect your business starts with estimating the cost of coverage, it takes less than five minutes to get a quote from our partner.
Online Business Insurance vs. Traditional Insurance Agency in Atlanta
Online insurance agencies generally provide comparable coverage to a traditional insurer at a lower price. As a result, a growing number of small businesses prefer to use online business providers to find personalized insurance products and save on costs. They offer other benefits as well:
We highly recommend using an online provider like Next Insurance for a number of reasons:
- Mobile App: Easily access all your coverage provided and Certificate of Insurance (COI) through an app.
- Personalized Coverage: Online insurance providers use AI and predictive data to provide customized insurance options tailored to the unique risks to your business.
- Lower Premiums: Online insurance providers save on expenses by not having brick-and-mortar locations or full-time agents and pass on these savings to their customers through lower premiums.
- Quick Turnaround on Claims: You can file a claim online and receive a resolution, usually within 48 hours
- Convenience: Save time by avoiding speaking to an agent on the phone, get a quote instantly and insure your business within 24 hours.
Two Ways To Start Coverage
Compare Quotes Online
Use our dedicated small business insurance provider to generate a quick and accurate online quote, specifically for your small business.
Speak With an Insurance Representative
Representatives are online from 8:00 a.m.–8:00 p.m. ET, Monday–Saturday, to answer your questions and help you discover the best coverage.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I really need business insurance?
A study conducted by Advisor Smith found that 75% of small businesses faced an insurable event in 2020. Because of this, it’s in your best interest to get insured.
How much should business insurance cost?
The cost of business insurance for a small business is typically between $700 and $3,800 a year, but this depends greatly on what types of insurance your business needs, your industry and the risk associated with your state.
How do I get business insurance in Atlanta?
An insurer like Next Insurance offers convenience and can get you an instant, online quote with your specific needs in mind or we recommend calling a local insurance agency as listed below in Atlanta to discuss your unique needs.
What happens if I don’t have business insurance?
- In the event of any liability, such as property damage, client injury, data breaches, etc., you can be held responsible to pay in full any court-appointed charges, with no benefit payout to help cover the cost.
- Businesses may choose not to work with you, as they do not want to assume all of your risk on their own insurance policy.
- Depending on your business and jurisdiction, your state or local government may shut down your business if you do not satisfy their insurance requirements. In addition to this, you may be forced to pay a penalty.
Do I need business insurance if I’m a sole proprietorship?
Yes. Sole proprietorships, like other businesses, should get business insurance.
Small Business Resources in Atlanta, GA
SBA Georgia District Office
As a federal organization, the Georgia District Office of the US Small Business Administration (SBA) can support you in planning for, launching, managing, and growing your business. They offer free business counseling as well as guaranteed government-backed business loans.
- 233 Peachtree Center Ave. NE, Atlanta, GA 30303
Urban League of Greater Atlanta
The Urban League of Greater Atlanta (ULGA) strives to empower communities of young professionals between the ages of 21 and 40 to create the dream business they are dreaming about. Through philanthropy, various community support activities, and educational sessions for young professionals, the UGLA supports the future generation of leaders.
- 229 Peachtree St. Ste. 300, Atlanta, GA 30303
Georgia MBDA Business Center
Housed at the Georgia Institute of Technology, the Georgia Minority Business Development Agency (MBDA) works to accelerate Minority Business Enterprises (MBEs) and has been doing so successfully since 2004. Whether it's increasing profitability, scaling up business activities, or finding adequate funding, entrepreneurs can benefit from a host of projects backed by the US Department of Commerce.
- 75 5th St. NW #300, Atlanta, GA 30308
Georgia Chamber of Commerce
The Georgia Chamber of Commerce totes a myriad of resources to help your business expand from wherever it may be. They consist of a number of various industry leaders throughout Georgia that are dedicated to seeing the economy for local small businesses stay healthy and prosperous.
- 270 Peachtree St. NW Ste. 2200, Atlanta, GA 30303
Local Insurance Agents in Atlanta, GA
We have compiled a list of local insurance agencies in Atlanta, GA if you prefer to discuss your specific needs by speaking to an independent insurance agency or representative.
- Google Rating: 4.9/5
- 75 5th St. NW, Atlanta, GA 30308
- Monday–Friday, 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. ET
- Google Rating: 4.5/5
- 2987 Clairmont Rd., Atlanta, GA 30329
- Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m.–4:45 p.m. ET
- Google Rating: 4.8/5
- 800 Battery Ave. SE Ste. 100, Atlanta, GA 30339
- Monday–Friday, 10:00 a.m.–7:00 p.m. ET
- Saturday, 10:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m. ET
Sandra Williams - Farmers Insurance Agent
- Google Rating: 4/5
- 2209 Cascade Rd., Atlanta, GA 30311
- Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m.–5:30 p.m ET
- Google Rating: 4.8/5
- 2105 Main St., East Point, GA 30344
- Monday–Friday, 9:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m. ET
- Saturday, 10:00 a.m.–2:00 p.m. ET
Mack Insurance Agency, Inc.
- Google Rating: 3.8/5
- 910 Cascade Ave. SW, Atlanta, GA 30311
- Monday–Friday, 9:30 a.m.–6:00 p.m. ET
Midtown Insurance Agency
- Google Rating: 3.2/5
- 715 Peachtree St. NE Ste. 200, Atlanta, GA 30308
- Monday–Friday, 9:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m. ET