Business Insurance Las Vegas, NV
There are numerous options to find coverage for business insurance in Las Vegas, NV. You absolutely need insurance to protect your business from liability and accidents. This guide will help you choose the right coverage at an affordable price.
According to data on the insurance industry, 75% of US businesses are underinsured, and 40% of small business owners have no protection whatsoever.
A study conducted by Advisor Smith found that 75% of small businesses faced an insurable event in 2020. Use an online insurance provider to get a quote, find personalized insurance products, and easily file claims.
Recommended: Estimate your premiums and coverage options in Nevada. Get a quote from a dedicated small business insurer.
What Insurance Do I Need for My Las Vegas Small Business?
With average premiums for general liability insurance in the United States at about $800/year, protecting your business can be affordable and a smart decision.
Your premiums in Las Vegas, NV will depend upon your industry, revenue, and risk. A brick-and-mortar business providing any kind of general product, services, or consulting could use a host of coverage options, such as general liability insurance for onsite accidents, commercial property insurance to protect against theft, or workers’ compensation to offer support in the event of workplace injuries.
Ecommerce businesses have unique needs and may be more concerned with data breaches or cybersecurity coverages. You can bundle most of these into a business owner’s policy (BOP).
What Are the Different Types of Business Insurance?
Below are the most popular types of coverage that a small business in Las Vegas, NV may need:
General Liability Insurance Las Vegas
General liability insurance is the most common type of business insurance, as it covers the most basic needs that are shared among all types of companies. Things like bodily injury on your business's property and physical damage caused by employees or employers are covered by this policy.
Workers' Compensation Insurance Las Vegas
Workers' compensation insurance is meant to protect the interests of your employees if they are injured on the job. It can also protect your business from a lawsuit if that employee needs compensation for their injuries. Workers' comp is mandated for any company with employees in every state except Texas and South Dakota.
Business Owner’s Policy Las Vegas
A business owner's policy is a bundle of insurance policies usually consisting of general liability, commercial property, and business interruption insurance. Since they are packaged and sold as one policy, this makes the administration of your protection simpler, and it may even come at a discounted rate.
Find the Most Affordable Coverage
Visit our Cheapest Business Insurance review to find the best coverage at the lowest rate.
Online Business Insurance vs. Traditional Insurance Agency in Las Vegas
Online insurance agencies generally provide comparable coverage to a traditional insurer at a lower price. As a result, a growing number of small businesses prefer to use online business providers to find personalized insurance products and save on costs. They offer other benefits as well:
We highly recommend using an online provider like Next Insurance for a number of reasons:
- Mobile App: Easily access all your coverage provided and Certificate of Insurance (COI) through an app.
- Personalized Coverage: Online insurance providers use AI and predictive data to provide customized insurance options tailored to the unique risks to your business.
- Lower Premiums: Online insurance providers save on expenses by not having brick-and-mortar locations or full-time agents and pass on these savings to their customers through lower premiums.
- Quick Turnaround on Claims: You can file a claim online and receive a resolution, usually within 48 hours
- Convenience: Save time by avoiding speaking to an agent on the phone, get a quote instantly and insure your business within 24 hours.
Two Ways To Start Coverage
Compare Quotes Online
Use our dedicated small business insurance provider to generate a quick and accurate online quote, specifically for your small business.
Speak With an Insurance Representative
Representatives are online from 8:00 a.m.–8:00 p.m. ET, Monday–Saturday, to answer your questions and help you discover the best coverage.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I really need business insurance?
A study conducted by Advisor Smith found that 75% of small businesses faced an insurable event in 2020. Because of this, it’s in your best interest to get insured.
How much should business insurance cost?
The cost of business insurance for a small business is typically between $700 and $3,800 a year, but this depends greatly on what types of insurance your business needs, your industry and the risk associated with your state.
What are the business insurance requirements in Nevada?
In Nevada, business insurance requirements may vary based on the type and size of your business. It's crucial to have the right insurance to protect your business from potential risks. For a comprehensive understanding of business insurance requirements in other states, please refer to our easy-to-understand guide.
How do I get business insurance in Las Vegas?
An insurer like Next Insurance offers convenience and can get you an instant, online quote with your specific needs in mind or we recommend calling a local insurance agency as listed below in Las Vegas to discuss your unique needs.
What happens if I don’t have business insurance?
- In the event of any liability, such as property damage, client injury, data breaches, etc., you can be held responsible to pay in full any court-appointed charges, with no benefit payout to help cover the cost.
- Businesses may choose not to work with you, as they do not want to assume all of your risk on their own insurance policy.
- Depending on your business and jurisdiction, your state or local government may shut down your business if you do not satisfy their insurance requirements. In addition to this, you may be forced to pay a penalty.
Do I need business insurance if I’m a sole proprietorship?
Yes. Sole proprietorships, like other businesses, should get business insurance.
Small Business Resources in Las Vegas, NV
Nevada SBDC - Las Vegas
Location within the Urban Chamber of Commerce, the Las Vegas Small Business Development Center (SBDC) provides experts that assist entrepreneurs in understanding the current business environment of their community, advise them every step of the way in the growth of their business, and assist in acquiring the technology that will best serve their businesses.
- 1951 Stella Lake St., Las Vegas, NV 89106
Las Vegas Chamber of Commerce
“Cultivate” is the key word at the heart of the Las Vegas Chamber of Commerce and its mission. With programs such as the Women’s Business Council and regular events like the Pop-Up Business Showcase, the Chamber works to connect local small businesses with their community and assist them in their financial journey.
- Symphony Park Ave. Ste. 100, Las Vegas, NV 89106
Silent G Consulting
Silent G Consulting is a firm that offers a wide variety of startup services, including business plan development, 501(c)(3) filing, zoning, and more. They also assist small businesses with website development and general marketing improvement.
- 2251 N. Rampart Blvd. Ste. 265 Las Vegas, NV 89128
Nevada Women's Business Center
The Nevada Women's Business Center (NWBC) supports women with free business education, training, and support in starting up a new venture. They offer one-on-one business consulting, direct guidance on business plan creation, as well as regular events designed to give you the skills necessary for success.
- 300 S. 4th St. Ste. 400, Las Vegas, NV 89101
Local Insurance Agents in Las Vegas, NV
We have compiled a list of local insurance agencies in Las Vegas, NV if you prefer to discuss your specific needs by speaking to an independent insurance agency or representative.
Insurance Group of Nevada
- Google Rating: 4.8/5
- 1415 Arville St. Ste. 101, Las Vegas, NV 89102
- Monday–Saturday, 10:30 a.m.–6:30 p.m. PT
McCready Insurance Services
- Google Rating: 5/5
- 3441 W. Sahara Ave. Ste. A-1, Las Vegas, NV 89102
- Monday–Friday, 9:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m. PT
Commercial Insurance Services
- Google Rating: 5/5
- 500 N. Rainbow Blvd. Ste. 300, Las Vegas, NV 89107
- Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m.–5:00 p.m. PT
- Google Rating: 4.9/5
- 6628 Sky Pointe Dr. Ste. 119, Las Vegas, NV 89131
- Monday–Friday, 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. PT
Liberty Choice Insurance
- Google Rating: 5/5
- 6655 W. Sahara Ave. Ste. A100, Las Vegas, NV 89146
- Monday–Friday, 9:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m. PT
Omni Insurance Brokerage
- Google Rating: 4.1/5
- 1810 E. Sahara Ave. Ste. 344, Las Vegas, NV 89104
- Monday–Friday, 8:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m. PT