How to Name an Art Supply Store
A great brand name is crucial in the art industry, where reputation and aesthetics matter. When coming up with art supply store business names, keep in mind how you can set your venture apart within the community and draw customers in.
You can use our free business name generator above to discover an array of art supply store business name ideas, or continue reading our quick guide to learn how to name your company.
TRUiC is a privacy-focused company. TRUiC's business name generator protects your personal information so that your searches remain private.
Step #1: Determine Goals for Your Art Supply Store
Your business’s name is the very first connection you will make with prospective customers. It’s important that you define your organization’s mission, vision, values, and target audience as much as possible.
Before naming your art supply store, ensure that you fully understand exactly how you will run your company. Familiarize yourself with the industry and determine what it takes to start a successful business by conducting thorough research.
Here are a few factors to keep in mind when launching and naming an art supply store:
- An art supply store will sell a number of materials for art projects, installations, and exhibits.
- Some owners choose a specialty (e.g., sculpting, painting, etc.), while others will sell general items to all.
- This venture is best for those who want to inspire artists of all kinds by offering quality products and professional guidance.
- Owners should have a strong appreciation for fine art, but they should also be open to helping newcomers find their feet.
- The target market can be anyone from professional artists to the general public. Most people will have some need for art supplies at some point, whether they’re starting their own project or helping someone else.
- Art supply stores may primarily market to one specific group, while reserving a smaller space of the store for different types of artists.
Step #2: Begin Brainstorming
We’ve shared some brainstorming techniques that you can use to get your creative juices flowing.
- Jot down some specific keywords for your art supply store business name. Here are a few examples:
- Think of adjectives that would describe your art supply store and the types of products offered to derive inspiration. Here are some examples:
- Experiment with other branding and brainstorming techniques.
Recommended: Once you have your name, create a logo with our free Logo Generator. To learn about other small business ideas, read our guide.
Art Supply Business Name Ideas
We’ve used general brainstorming techniques to share several creative and catchy business name ideas for an art supply store.
Creative Approaches to Naming an Art Supply Store
The following are helpful tips to help you find a unique business name that is relevant to you and/or your industry:
Capitalize on Business Location
The name of your city is one great way to brand your business. You can also think of nicknames that define what your city or state is well known for.
Connecting Through Emotion
Words that evoke a certain emotion, reminders of personal experiences, and travel memories may be good for branding.
Pun Fun, Word Combination, and Alliteration
Make brainstorming fun by creating puns, combining two relevant words and/or concepts, or by using same letter and sound repetition.
Short and Sweet
Oftentimes, simply using one word for a business name can be more powerful and engaging for clients/customers. Carefully consider your brand and brainstorm adjectives and synonyms that describe your business idea. For instance, if you own an art supply store, ask yourself how you would describe what you’re offering (e.g., colorful, fun, unique, etc.). Consider how you want your customers to feel (inspired, creative, free, etc.), and so on.
Naming your business can be as easy as just using your own name. You can also incorporate celebrity names, public figures, or friends and family members.
Step #3: Use Our Business Name Generator
Use our free business name generator tool by following the 3 simple steps: Search, select, and get the perfect domain name!
Filter results by location, industry, and domain name to produce more customized brand names for your art supply store.
Step #4: Register Your Art Supply Store Business Name
Visit our business name search page to see if your desired brandable name is available in your state.
Steps After Naming Your Art Supply Store
There are some steps you can take to successfully establish brand recognition and credibility for your company.
- Choose a business structure. Formally structuring a business (e.g., LLC, corporation, etc.) reduces liability. We recommend checking out the Top LLC Formation Services.
- Design a logo for your art supply store. Creating a logo is vital for increasing brand awareness, and there are several logo maker tools available to help you design a unique one. Use our business logo generator to simplify the process.
- Make a website for your art supply store. Website builders like GoDaddy make the process simple and quick. Check out our Best Website Builder article.
- Use our QR Code Generator. Our QR code tool allows you to create virtual business cards (vCards), market your company, and share your new website with customers.