How to Name a Board Game Business
Naming a board game company is an essential part of creating a successful brand in the competitive gaming industry. Board games are a popular form of entertainment enjoyed by people of all ages and backgrounds. A board game venture offers a variety of games, ranging from classic family favorites to strategic and complex games designed for experienced players. Good board game business names should resonate with customers, create a sense of excitement, and reflect the fun and social aspects of this activity.
Use our free business name generator above to discover an array of board game business name ideas, or continue reading our quick guide to learn how to name your company.
TRUiC is a privacy-focused company. TRUiC's business name generator protects your personal information so that your searches remain private.
Step #1: Determine Goals for Your Board Game Business
Your business’s name is the very first connection you will make with prospective customers. It’s important that you define your organization’s mission, vision, values, and target audience as much as possible.
Before naming your board game venture, ensure that you fully understand exactly how you will run your company. Familiarize yourself with the industry and determine what it takes to start a successful business by conducting thorough research.
Here are a few factors to keep in mind when launching and naming a board game company:
- Many people enjoy playing board games with family and friends. Board game businesses design and make board games for people to play.
- Developing a good board game that people will want to play requires testing and retesting a game design many times. Therefore, only those who like playing board games should try developing one.
- A board game company might make party games for social outings, strategy games geared towards thinkers, generational games based on certain decades, etc.
Step #2: Begin Brainstorming
We’ve shared some brainstorming techniques that you can use to get your creative juices flowing.
- Jot down some specific keywords for your board game company business name. Here are a few examples:
- Think of adjectives that would describe your board game company and the types of products offered to derive inspiration. Here are a few examples:
- Experiment with other branding and brainstorming techniques.
Recommended: Once you have your name, create a logo with our free Logo Generator. To learn about other small business ideas, read our guide.
Board Game Business Name Ideas
We’ve used general brainstorming techniques to share several creative and catchy business name ideas for a board game company.
Creative Approaches to Naming a Board Game Business
The following are helpful tips to help you find a unique business name that is relevant to you and/or your industry:
Capitalize on Business Location
The name of your city is one great way to brand your business. You can also think of nicknames that define what your city or state is well known for.
Connecting Through Emotion
Words that evoke a certain emotion, reminders of personal experiences, and travel memories may be good for branding.
Pun Fun, Word Combination, and Alliteration
Make brainstorming fun by creating puns, combining two relevant words and/or concepts, or by using same letter and sound repetition.
Short and Sweet
Oftentimes, simply using one word for a business name can be more powerful and engaging for clients/customers. Carefully consider your brand and brainstorm adjectives and synonyms that describe your business idea. For instance, if you own a board game company, ask yourself how you would describe what you’re offering (family fun, tech break, relaxation, challenges, etc.). Consider how you want your customers to feel (involved, giddy, playful, competitive, untethered, part of a tribe, etc.), and so on.
Naming your business can be as easy as just using your own name. You can also incorporate celebrity names, public figures, or friends and family members.
Step #3: Use Our Business Name Generator
Use our free business name generator tool by following the 3 steps: Search, select, and get the perfect domain name!
Filter results by location, industry, and domain name to produce more customized brand names for your company.
Step #4: Register Your Board Game Business Name
Visit our business name search page to see if your desired brandable name is available in your state.
Steps After Naming Your Board Game Business
There are some steps you can take to successfully establish brand recognition and credibility for your company.
- Choose a business structure. Formally structuring a business (e.g., LLC, corporation, etc.) reduces liability. We recommend checking out the LLC Formation Services.
- Design a logo for your board game business. Creating a logo is vital for increasing brand awareness, and there are several logo maker tools available to help you design a unique one. Use our board game business logo generator to simplify the process.
- Make a website for your board game business. Website builders like GoDaddy make the process simple and quick. Check out our Best Website Builder article.
- Use our QR Code Generator. Our QR code tool allows you to create virtual business cards (vCards), market your company, and share your new website with customers.