How to Name a Bookstore
Brainstorming potential bookstore names is an essential part of launching your new venture because the right name can positively impact how people view your store. This process also can help you choose a brand name that not only connects with your target audience, but also relates to the publishing industry. Avoid vague or difficult-to-understand names and instead aim for unique, self-explanatory options that’ll appeal to bookworms.
Use our free business name generator above to discover an array of bookstore name ideas, or continue reading our quick guide to learn how to name your company.
TRUiC is a privacy-focused company. TRUiC's business name generator protects your personal information so that your searches remain private.
Step #1: Determine Goals for Your Bookstore
Your business’s name is the very first connection you will make with prospective customers. It’s important that you define your organization’s mission, vision, values, and target audience as much as possible.
Before naming your venture, ensure that you fully understand exactly how you will run your company. Familiarize yourself with the industry and determine what it takes to start a successful business by conducting thorough research.
Here are a few factors to keep in mind when launching and naming a bookstore:
- Avid readers have gone too long without access to brick and mortar bookstores, craving to get their hands on the print version of their favorite titles. Indie bookstores are opening up or regaining new popularity across America.
- The ideal bookstore owner has a skill set that includes enthusiasm for books and reading, retail sales, customer service, and business excellence.
- Your market niche will define your audience. For example, children’s literature appeals to parents, travel writing draws in readers with wanderlust, etc. Regardless of theme, your customers will be eager readers, or at least curious enough to want to know about your topic of choice.
Step #2: Begin Brainstorming
We’ve shared some brainstorming techniques that you can use to get your creative juices flowing.
- Jot down some specific keywords for your bookstore business name. Here are a few examples:
- Brick-and-Mortar Books
- Genre-based Reads
- Bookstore Novelties
- Digital Book Favorites
- Bookshelf Goods
- Think of adjectives that would describe your bookstore and the types of products offered to derive inspiration. Here are some examples:
- Experiment with other branding and brainstorming techniques.
Recommended: Once you have your name, create a logo with our free Logo Generator. To learn about other small business ideas, read our guide.
Bookstore Business Name Ideas
We’ve used general brainstorming techniques to share several creative and catchy business name ideas for a bookstore.
Creative Approaches to Naming a Bookstore
The following are helpful tips to help you find a unique business name that is relevant to you and/or your industry:
Capitalize on Business Location
The name of your city is one great way to brand your business. You can also think of nicknames that define what your city or state is well known for.
Connecting Through Emotion
Words that evoke a certain emotion, reminders of personal experiences, and travel memories may be good for branding.
Pun Fun, Word Combination, and Alliteration
Make brainstorming fun by creating puns, combining two relevant words and/or concepts, or by using same letter and sound repetition.
Short and Sweet
Oftentimes, simply using one word for a business name can be more powerful and engaging for clients/customers. Carefully consider your brand and brainstorm adjectives and synonyms that describe your business idea. For instance, if you own a bookstore, ask yourself how you would describe what you’re offering (e.g., books, magazines, coffee, etc.). Consider how you want your customers to feel (accepted, relaxed, intrigued, etc.), and so on.
Naming your business can be as easy as just using your own name. You can also incorporate names of friends and family members.
Step #3: Use Our Business Name Generator
Discover the perfect brand name for your bookstore business by using our free business name generator tool. Simply follow the 3 steps: Search, select, and get the perfect domain name!
Filter results by location, industry, and domain name to produce more customized brand names for your venture.
Step #4: Register Your Bookstore Business Name
Visit our business name search page to see if your desired brandable name is available in your state.
Steps After Naming Your Bookstore Business
There are some steps you can take to successfully establish brand recognition brand names for your venture.
- Choose a business structure. Formally structuring a business (e.g., LLC, corporation, etc.) reduces liability. We recommend checking out the Top LLC Formation Services.
- Design a logo for your bookstore. Creating a logo is vital for increasing brand awareness, and there are several logo maker tools available to help you design a unique one. Use our bookstore business logo generator to simplify the process.
- Make a website for your bookstore. Website builders like GoDaddy make the process simple and quick. Check out our Best Website Builder article.
- Use our QR Code Generator. Our QR code tool allows you to create virtual business cards (vCards), market your company, and share your new website with customers.