How to Name a Cruise Line
Cruises are one of the most popular types of holiday packages. Whether you want to focus on family cruises, singles’ cruises, or themed trips, starting a cruise line can be a great way to enter the travel industry. With so many competitors, though, you’ll need to ensure your cruise line stands out by creating a unique brand.
The first step in this process involves choosing the right name. Combining relevant keywords with catchy phrasing can set your business apart from the crowd. This guide will help you come up with cruise line business names more easily so you can find the best option for your new venture.
Use our free business name generator above to discover an array of cruise line business name ideas, or continue reading our quick guide to learn how to name your company.
TRUiC is a privacy-focused company. TRUiC's business name generator protects your personal information so that your searches remain private.
Step #1: Determine Goals for Your Cruise Line
Your business’s name is the very first connection you will make with prospective customers. It’s important that you define your organization’s mission, vision, values, and target audience as much as possible.
Before naming your venture, ensure that you fully understand exactly how you will run your company. Familiarize yourself with the industry and determine what it takes to start a successful business by conducting thorough research.
Here are a few factors to keep in mind when launching and naming a cruise line:
- A cruise line has one or several large boats designed to accommodate numerous fun-seeking individuals. This business is centered on providing guests with a good time.
- This is the ideal business or someone who is looking for a way to bring people together for a fun, rewarding and memorable experience.
- Cruises are particularly popular amongst singles looking for romance and a fun way to spend their vacation. Families also flock to cruises as they provide an exciting and adventurous means of vacationing.
Step #2: Begin Brainstorming
We’ve shared some brainstorming techniques that you can use to get your creative juices flowing.
- Jot down some of specific keywords for your cruise line business name. Here are a few examples:
- Cruise Liner
- Think of adjectives that would describe your cruise line business and the types of products offered to derive inspiration. Here are some examples:
- Experiment with other branding and brainstorming techniques.
Recommended: Once you have your name, create a logo with our free Logo Generator. To learn about other small business ideas, read our guide.
Cruise Line Business Name Ideas
We’ve used general brainstorming techniques to share several creative and catchy business name ideas for a cruise line.
Creative Approaches to Naming a Cruise Line
The following are helpful tips to help you find a unique business name that is relevant to you and/or your industry:
Capitalize on Business Location
The name of your city is one great way to brand your business. You can also think of nicknames that define what your city or state is well known for.
- Jamaican Love Cruises
- Nile Escape Cruise Line
- Bluewhite Mediterranean
- Aboard The St. Tropez
- Dodekanisos Sea Cruise
Connecting Through Emotion
Words that evoke a certain emotion, reminders of personal experiences, and travel memories may be good for branding.
Pun Fun, Word Combination, and Alliteration
Make brainstorming fun by creating puns, combining two relevant words and/or concepts, or by using same letter and sound repetition.
Short and Sweet
Oftentimes, simply using one word for a business name can be more powerful and engaging for clients/customers. Carefully consider your brand and brainstorm adjectives and synonyms that describe your business idea. For instance, if you own a cruise line, ask yourself how you would describe what you’re offering (e.g., entertainment, slides, family time, etc.). Consider how you want your customers to feel (blissful, excited, at peace, etc.), and so on.
Naming your business can be as easy as just using your own name. You can also incorporate names of friends and/or family members.
Step #3: Use Our Business Name Generator
Discover the perfect brand name for your cruise line business by using our free business name generator tool. Simply follow the 3 steps: Search, select, and get the perfect domain name!
Filter results by location, industry, and domain name to produce more customized brand names for your venture.
Step #4: Register Your Cruise Line Business Name
Visit our business name search page to see if your desired brandable name is available in your state.
Steps After Naming Your Cruise Line
There are some steps you can take to successfully establish brand recognition and credibility for your venture.
- Choose a business structure. Formally structuring a business (e.g., LLC, corporation, etc.) reduces liability. We recommend checking out the Top LLC Formation Services.
- Design a logo for your cruise line business. Creating a logo is vital for increasing brand awareness, and there are several logo maker tools available to help you design a unique one. Use our cruise line business logo generator to simplify the process.
- Make a website for your cruise line business. Website builders like GoDaddy make the process simple and quick. Check out our Best Website Builder article.
- Use Our QR Code Generator. Our QR code tool allows you to create virtual business cards (vCards), market your company, and share your new website with customers.