How to Name a Dog Walking Business
A dog walker will do more than just take dogs out for a few minutes to relieve themselves. When owners can’t do it themselves, this industry is meant to provide stimulation, exercise, and excitement to a beloved family member who could use the companionship.
The best dog walking business names will convey the service that you provide to your customers. It should also ideally convey how you’re different from your competitors. For instance, maybe you don’t just walk dogs around the neighborhood — you actually drive them to the mountains to take a rigorous hike. Or maybe you specialize in working with large dogs that are difficult to control.
Use our free business name generator above to discover an array of dog walking business name ideas, or continue reading our quick guide to learn how to name your company.
TRUiC is a privacy-focused company. TRUiC's business name generator protects your personal information so that your searches remain private.
Step #1: Determine Goals for Your Dog Walking Business
Your business’s name is the very first connection you will make with prospective customers. It’s important that you define your organization’s mission, vision, values, and target audience as much as possible.
Before naming your dog walking venture, ensure that you fully understand exactly how you will run your company. Familiarize yourself with the industry and determine what it takes to start a successful business by conducting thorough research.
Here are a few factors to keep in mind when launching and naming a dog walking company:
- A vast majority of those canines are left alone each day as their parents go to work. Presented with the option, many pet owners would happily give up a portion of their budget to ensure their dog isn’t cooped up inside all day. Enter the dog walker.
- If you enjoy the company of dogs and are ready to be your own boss, owning a dog walking business could be the change you’re looking for.
- Anyone that owns a dog and works outside of the home regularly stands to benefit from your services. Your ideal client is someone who is concerned for their animal being left alone and has the means to pay for your services on a regular basis.
Step #2: Begin Brainstorming
We’ve shared some brainstorming techniques that you can use to get your creative juices flowing.
- Jot down some specific keywords for your dog walking business name. Here are a few examples:
- Think of adjectives that would describe your dog walking business and the types of products offered to derive inspiration. Here are some examples:
- Experiment with other branding and brainstorming techniques.
Recommended: Once you have your name, create a logo with our free Logo Generator. To learn about other small business ideas, read our guide.
Dog Walking Business Name Ideas
We’ve used general brainstorming techniques to share several creative and catchy business name ideas for a dog walking company.
Creative Approaches to Naming a Business
The following are helpful tips to help you find a unique business name that is relevant to you and/or your industry:
Capitalize on Business Location
The name of your city is one great way to brand your business. You can also think of nicknames that define what your city or state is well known for.
Connecting Through Emotion
Words that evoke a certain emotion, reminders of personal experiences, and travel memories may be good for branding.
Pun Fun, Word Combination, and Alliteration
Make brainstorming fun by creating puns, combining two relevant words and/or concepts, or by using same letter and sound repetition.
Short and Sweet
Oftentimes, simply using one word for a business name can be more powerful and engaging for clients/customers. Carefully consider your brand and brainstorm adjectives and synonyms that describe your business idea. For instance, if you own a dog walking business, ask yourself how you would describe what you’re offering (e.g. joy, convenience, exercise, etc.). Consider how you want your customers to feel (comfortable, relieved, carefree etc.), and so on.
Naming your business can be as easy as just using your own name. You can also incorporate names of friends and/or family members.
Step #3: Use Our Business Name Generator
Use our free business name generator tool by following the 3 simple steps: Search, select, and get the perfect domain name!
Filter results by location, industry, and domain name to produce more customized brand names for your venture.
Step #4: Register Your Dog Walking Business Name
Visit our business name search page to see if your desired brandable name is available in your state.
Steps After Naming Your Dog Walking Business
There are some steps you can take to successfully establish brand recognition and credibility for your venture.
- Choose a business structure. Formally structuring a business (e.g., LLC, corporation, etc.) reduces liability. We recommend checking out the Top LLC Formation Services.
- Design a logo for your dog walking business. Creating a logo is vital for increasing brand awareness, and there are several logo maker tools available to help you design a unique one. Use our dog walking business logo generator to simplify the process.
- Make a website for your dog walking business. Website builders like GoDaddy make the process simple and quick. Check out our Best Website Builder article.
- Use our QR Code Generator. Our QR code tool allows you to create virtual business cards (vCards), market your company, and share your new website with customers.