How to Name a Flower Shop
Florists are responsible for handling flower arrangements for special occasions. Some also grow and pick fresh flowers to sell for profit and open online or brick-and-mortar establishments. If you’re considering selling homemade florals, one of your first steps is to find a name that accurately captures what makes your flowers special.
An exceptional name is vital because it will be a first impression to potential customers. It can also help them develop individual perceptions of your business.
Use our free business name generator above to discover an array of flower shop name ideas, or continue reading our quick guide to learn how to name your company.
TRUiC is a privacy-focused company. TRUiC's business name generator protects your personal information so that your searches remain private.
Step #1: Determine Goals for Your Flower Shop
Your business’s name is the very first connection you will make with prospective customers. It’s important that you define your organization’s mission, vision, values, and target audience as much as possible.
Before naming your venture, ensure that you fully understand exactly how you will run your company. Familiarize yourself with the industry and determine what it takes to start a successful business by conducting thorough research.
Here are a few factors to keep in mind when launching and naming a flower shop:
- Owning a flower shop typically involves renting a space from which you will sell floral arrangements. Owners purchase these arrangements at wholesale price and resell them to consumers for a profit.
- People who love flowers and have an eye for beauty are well-suited to open a flower shop business.
- Most people purchase flowers for special occasions, and many people give flowers to others even when there isn’t a particular event. Customers who have a significant amount of discretionary income, however, have more to spend on flowers.
Step #2: Begin Brainstorming
We’ve shared some brainstorming techniques that you can use to get your creative juices flowing.
- Jot down some specific keywords for your flower shop business name. Here are a few examples:
- Flower Arrangements
- Think of adjectives that would describe your flower shop business and the types of products offered to derive inspiration. Here are some examples:
- Experiment with other branding and brainstorming techniques.
Recommended: Once you have your name, create a logo with our free Logo Generator. To learn about other small business ideas, read our guide.
Flower Shop Business Name Ideas
We’ve used general brainstorming techniques to share several creative and catchy business name ideas for a flower shop.
Creative Approaches to Naming a Flower Shop
The following are helpful tips to help you find a unique business name that is relevant to you and/or your industry:
Capitalize on Business Location
The name of your city is one great way to brand your business. You can also think of nicknames that define what your city or state is well known for.
- Sunshine State Sunflowers
- Twin City Tulips
- Windy City Blooms
- Blossoms from Boise
- Golden State Begonias
Connecting Through Emotion
Words that evoke a certain emotion, reminders of personal experiences, and travel memories may be good for branding.
Pun Fun, Word Combination, and Alliteration
Make brainstorming fun by creating puns, combining two relevant words and/or concepts, or by using same letter and sound repetition.
Short and Sweet
Oftentimes, simply using one word for a business name can be more powerful and engaging for clients/customers. Carefully consider your brand and brainstorm adjectives and synonyms that describe your business idea. For instance, if you own a flower shop, ask yourself how you would describe what you’re offering (e.g., fun, romantic, beautiful, etc.). Consider how you want your customers to feel (passionate, festive, thoughtful, etc.), and so on.
Naming your business can be as easy as just using your own name. You can also incorporate names of friends and family members.
Step #3: Use Our Business Name Generator
Use our free business name generator tool by following the 3 simple steps: Search, select, and get the perfect domain name!
Filter results by location, industry, and domain name to produce more customized brand names for your venture.
Step #4: Register Your Flower Shop Business Name
Visit our business name search page to see if your desired brandable name is available in your state.
Steps After Naming Your Flower Shop
There are some steps you can take to successfully establish brand recognition and credibility for your venture.
- Choose a business structure. Formally structuring a business (e.g., LLC, corporation, etc.) reduces liability. We recommend checking out the Top LLC Formation Services.
- Design a logo for your flower shop. Creating a logo is vital for increasing brand awareness, and there are several logo maker tools available to help you design a unique one. Use our flower shop logo generator to simplify the process.
- Make a website for your flower shop. Website builders like GoDaddy make the process simple and quick. Check out our Best Website Builder article.
- Use our QR Code Generator. Our QR code tool allows you to create virtual business cards (vCards), market your company, and share your new website with customers.