How to Name a Fundraising Consultant Business
Working in the world of nonprofits can prove tricky because, despite having altruistic motives, these organizations must still compete for a piece of the funding pie. If you want to start a fundraising consulting company, you’ll need to come prepared to enter this competitive arena.
One of the most important things you can do to make your new venture stand out is to select an eye-catching name. Use this guide to choose a business name that’ll help you create an impression of trustworthiness and innovation within the nonprofit space.
Use our free business name generator above to discover an array of fundraising consulting business name ideas, or continue reading our quick guide to learn how to name your company.
TRUiC is a privacy-focused company. TRUiC's business name generator protects your personal information so that your searches remain private.
Step #1: Determine Goals for Your Fundraising Consulting Business
Your business’s name is the very first connection you will make with prospective customers. It’s important that you define your organization’s mission, vision, values, and target audience as much as possible.
Before naming your fundraising consultant venture, ensure that you fully understand exactly how you will run your company. Familiarize yourself with the industry and determine what it takes to start a successful business by conducting thorough research.
Here are a few factors to keep in mind when launching and naming a fundraising consulting company:
- Nonprofit organizations rely on volunteer efforts and donor contributions, so they often need help raising the support they need. Fundraising consulting businesses help nonprofits develop and implement strategies that raise support.
- Anyone who is passionate about serving the public good may enjoy running a fundraising consulting business. Though they are private business owners, consultants work closely with organizations that help others.
- Fundraising consultants work for nonprofit organizations of all sizes and in all areas. After all, most nonprofits would benefit from raising more money.
Step #2: Begin Brainstorming
We’ve shared some brainstorming techniques that you can use to get your creative juices flowing.
- Jot down some specific keywords for your fundraising consulting business name. Here are a few examples:
- Think of adjectives that would describe your fundraising consulting business and the types of products offered to derive inspiration. Here are some examples:
- Experiment with other branding and brainstorming techniques.
Recommended: Once you have your name, create a logo with our free Logo Generator. To learn about other small business ideas, read our guide.
Fundraising Consulting Business Name Ideas
We’ve used general brainstorming techniques to share several creative and catchy business name ideas for a fundraising consulting company.
Creative Approaches to Naming a Fundraising Consulting Business
The following are helpful tips to help you find a unique business name that is relevant to you and/or your industry:
Capitalize on Business Location
The name of your city is one great way to brand your business. You can also think of nicknames that define what your city or state is well known for.
- California Fund Consulting
- Fairbanks Fundraising
- Boston Benefits Co.
- Southern Solicitation
- Forestside Fundraising
Connecting Through Emotion
Words that evoke a certain emotion, reminders of personal experiences, and travel memories may be good for branding.
Pun Fun, Word Combination, and Alliteration
Make brainstorming fun by creating puns, combining two relevant words and/or concepts, or by using same letter and sound repetition.
Short and Sweet
Oftentimes, simply using one word for a business name can be more powerful and engaging for clients/customers. Carefully consider your brand and brainstorm adjectives and synonyms that describe your business idea. For instance, if you own a fundraising consulting business, ask yourself how you would describe what you’re offering (e.g., fundraising services, strategy, consulting, expertise, experience, etc.). Consider how you want your customers to feel (philanthropic, confident, excited, pleased, etc.), and so on.
Naming your business can be as easy as just using your own name. You can also incorporate names of friends and family members.
Step #3: Use Our Business Name Generator
Discover the perfect brand name for your fundraising consulting business by using our free business name generator tool. Simply follow the 3 steps: Search, select, and get the perfect domain name!
Filter results by location, industry, and domain name to produce more customized brand names for your venture.
Step #4: Register Your Fundraising Consulting Business Name
Visit our business name search page to see if your desired brandable name is available in your state.
Steps After Naming Your Fundraising Consulting Business
There are some steps you can take to successfully establish brand recognition and credibility for your venture.
- Choose a business structure. Formally structuring a business (e.g., LLC, corporation, etc.) reduces liability. We recommend checking out the Top LLC Formation Services.
- Design a logo for your fundraising consultant business. Creating a logo is vital for increasing brand awareness, and there are several logo maker tools available to help you design a unique one. Use our fundraising consultant business logo generator to simplify the process.
- Make a website for your fundraising consultant business. Website builders like GoDaddy make the process simple and quick. Check out our Best Website Builder article.
- Use our QR Code Generator. Our QR code tool allows you to create virtual business cards (vCards), market your company, and share your new website with customers.