How to Name a Grocery Store
Ready to find a food and grocery store business name for your new venture? Naming a business is one of the most important steps for an entrepreneur — quality business names should clearly identify what your grocery store offers to the public. You can begin by using our free business name generator above to discover an array of grocery store names and ideas, or continue reading our quick guide to learn how to name your grocery store. If you’re ready to start your new business, we also recommend reading our comprehensive guide on how to start a grocery store.
TRUiC is a privacy-focused company. TRUiC's business name generator protects your personal information so that your searches remain private.
Step #1: Determine goals for your business idea.
How do you want your food and grocery store business to be perceived by the public? Grocery store names should be memorable and catchy, relatable to your clients/customers, and set clear expectations relating to products, services, or a general sense of the industry.
Make sure that you are aware of your desired target market, how you want to appeal to your customers, and the specific emotions you want your brand name to evoke.
Step #2: Begin brainstorming.
There are a variety of ways you can brainstorm food and grocery store names for your company; in fact, this part of the naming process can be a lot of fun. We’ve shared some unique brainstorming techniques that you can use to get your creative juices flowing and inspire you to find the best brand name for your new business.
- Jot down a list of specific keywords when brainstorming grocery store names.
- Visualize the type of business you are trying to create and everything that comes along with a supermarket to bring life to this business idea.
- Think of catchy adjectives that would describe your grocery store and the types of food offered to derive inspiration.
- Experiment with other branding and brainstorming techniques since the perfect brand name will set you apart from the competition.
The above ideas are just a few general brainstorming techniques and creative strategies. Continue reading to learn more unique approaches to generate catchy grocery store names.
Recommended: Once you have your business name, create a logo with our free Logo Generator. To learn about other small business ideas, read our guide.
Food & Grocery Store Business Name Ideas
We’ve used the general brainstorming techniques mentioned above to share several catchy and creative business name ideas for a new grocery store. We hope these brand names will inspire you to come up with a few business names of your own. Check out the food and grocery store names we came up with below:
Breakdown of Creative Approaches to Naming a Business
The ideas for naming a new food and grocery store business are endless once you put on your thinking cap. The goal is to come up with the best strategy that works for you and your business name. The following are helpful tips to help you find unique grocery store names that are relevant to you and/or your industry:
Grocery Store Names - Capitalize on Your Business Location
The name of your city is one great way to brand your grocery store and let your community know that you are open for business. You can also think of business names that define what your city or state is well known for or use slogans or historical accounts that define your location. You can use these to your advantage when coming up with business names in your industry.
- Sunshine State Supermarket
- Motown Market Essentials
- Sin City Meals
- L.A. Food Mart
- Emerald City Marketplace
Grocery Store Names - Connecting Through Emotion
We all know that psychology plays a big role in connecting with people and people who feel connected to your company and business name become loyal customers. This is why words that evoke a certain emotion, reminders of personal experiences, and travel memories may be good for business names and industry branding. Incorporating these experiences in a brand name can be a sure way to earn repeat customers for your new grocery store business.
Grocery Store Names - Pun Fun, Word Combination, and Alliteration
Coming up with ideas for food and grocery store names doesn’t have to be stressful or boring. You can make brainstorming fun by creating puns, combining two relevant words and/or concepts, or by using same letter and sound repetition. It’s a creative way to construct a catchy company brand name. See what we did there?
Grocery Store Names - Short and Sweet
Oftentimes, simply using one word for food and grocery store names can be more powerful and engaging for clients/customers. Carefully consider your brand and brainstorm catchy adjectives and synonyms that describe your new business idea. For instance, if you own a grocery store, ask yourself how you would describe what you’re offering (e.g., quality customer service, food, drink, etc.). Consider how you want your customers to feel (happy, fulfilled, stress-free, etc.), and so on.
Grocery Store Names - Name Game
Naming your business can be as easy as just using your own name; however, there are unique and creative directions you can take. Take for example, celebrity names, public figures, or honoring someone you look up to or are close to such as a mentor, friend, or family member.
- Biggie Smalls Supermarket
- Joe’s Food Pantry
- Gandhi’s Wholesome Groceries
- Van Damme Health Market
- Galifianakis Groceries
Remember to stay on track by selecting the food and grocery store business names on your list that best define your specific future brand. If you have narrowed it down to a few creative business names and are finding it difficult to decide on one, don’t forget to ask others for an honest opinion. Since your new business name will be on your products, make sure that it is a positive brand name that you and your customers will be proud of displaying.
Step #3: Use our business name generator.
Discover the perfect brand name for your classy food & grocery store business by using our free business name generator tool. Simply follow the 3 steps: Search, select, and get the perfect domain name!
Our online business name generator even allows you to further filter your results by location, industry, and domain name to produce more customized, creative, and unique brand names for your food & grocery store.
Step #4: Register your business name.
Visit our business name search page to see if your desired brandable food & grocery store business name is available in your state. You can also choose the state in which you would like to conduct business, and read our in-depth business name registration guide.
Steps After Naming Your Food & Grocery Store Business
Once you’ve chosen your creative, classy, and brandable food & grocery store business name, make sure you secure a domain name, especially if you want to establish an online business presence. Then, there are a few steps you can take to successfully establish your brand recognition, credibility, and loyalty:
- Choose a business structure for your food & grocery store business. Formally structuring a business (e.g., LLC, corporation, etc.) will help reduce liability. We recommend checking out the Top 5 LLC Formation Services.
- Design a logo for your food & grocery store business. Creating a logo for your business is vital for increasing brand awareness, and there are several logo maker tools available to help you design a unique logo. Knowing which logo maker will work best for you is a tough choice, so we've reviewed the Top 5 Best Logo Makers of 2021 to help you find the best tool that will work for your small business.
- Choose a business structure for your food & grocery store. Formally structuring a business (e.g., LLC, corporation, etc.) will help reduce liability. We recommend checking out the Top 5 LLC Formation Services.
- Make a website for your food & grocery store business. Simple drag-and-drop builders like GoDaddy and Wix make the process simple and quick. Check out our Best Website Builder article.
- Our QR Code Generator offers several QR code options to fit your business's needs. You can create virtual business cards (vCards), market your business, share your new website with customers and more.