How to Name an Insurance Agency
Starting an insurance agency presents an excellent opportunity to diversify income and establish lasting financial stability. As an agency owner, you'll engage with customers in a consultative capacity, offering personalized advice on the various policies available to them. Crafting an effective and unforgettable name for your insurance agency is vital in drawing customers and distinguishing yourself from competitors.
Use our free business name generator above to discover an array of insurance agency name ideas, or continue reading our quick guide to learn how to name your company.
TRUiC is a privacy-focused company. TRUiC's company name generator protects your personal information so that your searches remain private.
Step #1: Determine Goals for Your Insurance Agency
Your business’s name is the very first connection you will make with prospective customers. It’s important that you define your organization’s mission, vision, values, and target audience as much as possible.
Before naming your venture, ensure that you fully understand exactly how you will run your company. Familiarize yourself with the industry and determine what it takes to start a successful business by conducting thorough research.
Here are a few factors to keep in mind when launching and naming an insurance agency:
- As the owner of an insurance agency, your job is to guide customers through the buying process and assist them in determining what policy most closely fits their needs.
- In addition to the initial sale of an insurance policy, brokers regularly meet with clients to ensure the policy is still the best fit.
- You should have several years of insurance experience under your belt. You must possess a firm understanding of the intricacies of this ever-changing profession and enjoy passing your knowledge on to your customers.
Step #2: Begin Brainstorming
We’ve shared some brainstorming techniques that you can use to get your creative juices flowing.
- Jot down some specific keywords for your insurance agency business name. Here are a few examples:
- Think of adjectives that would describe your insurance agency and the types of products offered to derive inspiration. Here are some examples:
- Experiment with other branding and brainstorming techniques.
Recommended: Once you have your name, create a logo with our free Logo Generator. To learn about other small business ideas, read our guide.
Insurance Agency Business Name Ideas
We’ve used general brainstorming techniques to share several creative and catchy business name ideas for an insurance agency.
Creative Approaches to Naming an Insurance Agency
The following are helpful tips to help you find a unique business name that is relevant to you and/or your industry:
Capitalize on Business Location
The name of your city is one great way to brand your business. You can also think of nicknames that define what your city or state is well known for.
- Uptown Insurance Co.
- Main Street Protection
- Insurance On Scene
- The Midtown Agents
- LA Insurance Experts
Connecting Through Emotion
Words that evoke a certain emotion, reminders of personal experiences, and travel memories may be good for branding.
Pun Fun, Word Combination, and Alliteration
Make brainstorming fun by creating puns, combining two relevant words and/or concepts, or by using same letter and sound repetition.
Short and Sweet
Oftentimes, simply using one word for a business name can be more powerful and engaging for clients/customers. Carefully consider your brand and brainstorm adjectives and synonyms that describe your business idea. For instance, if you own an insurance agency, ask yourself how you would describe what you’re offering (e.g. car, home, or life insurance, expertise, peace of mind, etc.). Consider how you want your customers to feel (satisfied, knowledgeable, prepared, etc.), and so on.
Naming your business can be as easy as just using your own name. You can also incorporate names of friends and family members.
Step #3: Use Our Business Name Generator
Use our free business name generator tool by following the 3 simple steps: Search, select, and get the perfect domain name!
Filter results by location, industry, and domain name to produce more customized brand names for your venture.
Step #4: Register Your Insurance Agency Business Name
Visit our business name search page to see if your desired brandable name is available in your state.
Steps After Naming Your Insurance Agency
There are some steps you can take to successfully establish brand recognition and credibility for your venture.
- Choose a business structure. Formally structuring a business (e.g., LLC, corporation, etc.) reduces liability. We recommend checking out the Top LLC Formation Services.
- Design a logo for your insurance agency. Creating a logo is vital for increasing brand awareness, and there are several logo maker tools available to help you design a unique one. Use our insurance agency business logo generator to simplify the process.
- Make a website for your insurance agency business. Website builders like GoDaddy make the process simple and quick. Check out our Best Website Builder article.
- Use our QR Code Generator. Our QR code tool allows you to create virtual business cards (vCards), market your company, and share your new website with customers.