How to Name an Interior Design Business
An interior design company can be a beacon for renters, property owners, and office managers alike. Because every building and room has its own purpose, vibe, and configuration, the art of furnishing and decorating can be overwhelming for many. If you’re looking for the best interior design business names, keep in mind who your target demographic is and what your specialties are. Whether your expertise lies in classrooms, bedrooms, or both, the goal of the brand name should be to convey how you can whip spaces into shape, so they’re as functional as they are aesthetic.
Use our free business name generator above to discover an array of interior design business name ideas, or continue reading our quick guide to learn how to name your company.
TRUiC is a privacy-focused company. TRUiC's business name generator protects your personal information so that your searches remain private.
Step #1: Determine Goals for Your Interior Design Business
Your business’s name is the very first connection you will make with prospective customers. It’s important that you define your organization’s mission, vision, values, and target audience as much as possible.
Before naming your venture, ensure that you fully understand exactly how you will run your company. Familiarize yourself with the industry and determine what it takes to start a successful business by conducting thorough research.
Here are a few factors to keep in mind when launching and naming an interior design business:
- Interior designers have a deep understanding of human psychology, especially as it relates to how people react with a specific interpretation of interior design and physical space.
- An interior design firm may work on many different types of environments that can be created inside a building. Examples are office spaces in a corporate skyscraper, luxury hotels, fine homes, museums, and even churches.
- Typically, designers will specialize in either commercial or residential interior design, though some firms do both.
- The people who work as interior designers have an in-depth understanding of color usage, textures, furniture styles, artwork, lighting, fashion trends, eco-materials, indoor plants, and a whole range of other things that can be used as design elements for interior spaces.
Step #2: Begin Brainstorming
We’ve shared some brainstorming techniques that you can use to get your creative juices flowing.
- Jot down some specific keywords for your interior design business name. Here are a few examples:
- Think of adjectives that would describe your interior design business and the types of products offered to derive inspiration. Here are some examples:
- Experiment with other branding and brainstorming techniques.
Recommended: Once you have your name, create a logo with our free Logo Generator. To learn about other small business ideas, read our guide.
Interior Design Business Name Ideas
We’ve used general brainstorming techniques to share several creative and catchy business name ideas for an interior design company.
Creative Approaches to Naming an Interior Design Business
The following are helpful tips to help you find a unique business name that is relevant to you and/or your industry:
Capitalize on Business Location
The name of your city is one great way to brand your business. You can also think of nicknames that define what your city or state is well known for.
- Grande Apple Interiors
- In Kansas Designs
- Wilde Buffalo Designs
- Beachside Interior Co.
- Washington Worthy Designs
Connecting Through Emotion
Words that evoke a certain emotion, reminders of personal experiences, and travel memories may be good for branding.
Pun Fun, Word Combination, and Alliteration
Make brainstorming fun by creating puns, combining two relevant words and/or concepts, or by using same letter and sound repetition.
Short and Sweet
Oftentimes, simply using one word for a business name can be more powerful and engaging for clients/customers. Carefully consider your brand and brainstorm adjectives and synonyms that describe your business idea. For instance, if you own an interior design business, ask yourself how you would describe what you’re offering (e.g., aesthetics, style, expertise, innovative designs, solutions, personalized looks, etc.). Consider how you want your customers to feel (heard, comfortable, stylish, unique, etc.), and so on.
Naming your business can be as easy as just using your own name. You can also incorporate celebrity names, public figures, or friends and family members.
Step #3: Use Our Business Name Generator
Use our free business name generator tool by following the 3 simple steps: Search, select, and get the perfect domain name!
Filter results by location, industry, and domain name to produce more customized brand names for your company.
Step #4: Register Your Interior Design Business Name
Visit our business name search page to see if your desired brandable name is available in your state.
Steps After Naming Your Interior Design Business
There are some steps you can take to successfully establish brand recognition and credibility for your venture.
- Choose a business structure. Formally structuring a business (e.g., LLC, corporation, etc.) reduces liability. We recommend checking out the Top LLC Formation Services.
- Design a logo for your interior design business. Creating a logo is vital for increasing brand awareness, and there are several logo maker tools available to help you design a unique one. Use our interior design business logo generator to simplify the process.
- Make a website for your interior design business. Website builders like GoDaddy make the process simple and quick. Check out our Best Website Builder article.
- Use our QR Code Generator. Our QR code tool allows you to create virtual business cards (vCards), market your company, and share your new website with customers.