How to Name an Internet Security Company
When starting an internet security company, your branding must help you foster a sense of trust between you and your customers. Because your products and services represent a vital line of defense between hackers and your customers’ data, they must feel confident that you have the expertise to safeguard their information.
Your brand name will project an image to prospective customers so you need to curate that image carefully. Use our guide to naming internet security companies to discover a unique and brand-appropriate name for your new venture.
You can also use our free business name generator above to discover an array of internet security business name ideas.
TRUiC is a privacy-focused company. TRUiC's company name generator protects your personal information so that your searches remain private.
Step #1: Determine Goals for Your Internet Security Company
Your business’s name is the very first connection you will make with prospective customers. It’s important that you define your organization’s mission, vision, values, and target audience as much as possible.
Before naming your venture, ensure that you fully understand exactly how you will run your company. Familiarize yourself with the industry and determine what it takes to start a successful business by conducting thorough research.
Here are a few factors to keep in mind when launching and naming an internet security company:
- An internet security business develops software programming solutions that preserve the security and integrity of data, preventing internet trolls from introducing viruses into systems remotely or stealing critical data that can be used for criminal purposes.
- Your business will sell internet security solutions to individuals, small businesses and corporations while constantly developing new methods to block the ever changing viruses, malware and invasive programs that can destroy a digital system in minutes
- The best qualified individual to establish a new cybersecurity company will be highly motivated with an in-depth and up to date understanding of the architecture, administration, and management of operating systems, along with multiple certifications in a variety of programming languages.
Step #2: Begin Brainstorming
We’ve shared some brainstorming techniques that you can use to get your creative juices flowing.
- Jot down some specific keywords for your internet security business name. Here are a few examples:
- Information Technology (IT)
- Think of adjectives that would describe your internet security company and the types of products offered to derive inspiration. Here are some examples:
- Experiment with other branding and brainstorming techniques.
Recommended: Once you have your name, create a logo with our free Logo Generator. To learn about other small business ideas, read our guide.
Internet Security Business Name Ideas
We’ve used general brainstorming techniques to share several creative and catchy business name ideas for an internet security company.
Creative Approaches to Naming a Business
The following are helpful tips to help you find a unique business name that is relevant to you and/or your industry:
Capitalize on Business Location
The name of your city is one great way to brand your business. You can also think of nicknames that define what your city or state is well known for.
- Sacramento Security-Solutions
- Pennsylvania Protection Agency
- Ohio Online Security
- Chicago Cyber Network
- Georgia Gate Security
Connecting Through Emotion
Words that evoke a certain emotion, reminders of personal experiences, and travel memories may be good for branding.
Pun Fun, Word Combination, and Alliteration
Make brainstorming fun by creating puns, combining two relevant words and/or concepts, or by using same letter and sound repetition.
Short and Sweet
Oftentimes, simply using one word for a business name can be more powerful and engaging for clients/customers. Carefully consider your brand and brainstorm adjectives and synonyms that describe your business idea. For instance, if you own an internet security company, ask yourself how you would describe what you're offering (e.g., advanced, foolproof, trailblazing, etc.). Consider how you would want your customers to feel (protected, unconcerned, liberated, etc.), and so on.
Naming your business can be as easy as just using your own name. You can also incorporate names of friends and family members.
Step #3: Use Our Business Name Generator
Discover the perfect brand name for your internet security company by using our free business name generator tool. Simply follow the 3 steps: Search, select, and get the perfect domain name!
Filter results by location, industry, and domain name to produce more customized brand names for your venture.
Step #4: Register Your Internet Security Business Name
Visit our business name search page to see if your desired brandable name is available in your state.
Steps After Naming Your Internet Security Company
There are some steps you can take to successfully establish brand recognition and credibility for your venture.
- Choose a business structure. Formally structuring a business (e.g., LLC, corporation, etc.) reduces liability. We recommend checking out the Top LLC Formation Services.
- Design a logo for your internet security company. Creating a logo is vital for increasing brand awareness, and there are several logo maker tools available to help you design a unique one. Use our business logo generator to simplify the process.
- Make a website for your internet security company. Website builders like GoDaddy make the process simple and quick. Check out our Best Website Builder article.
- Use our QR Code Generator. Our QR code tool allows you to create virtual business cards (vCards), market your business, and share your new website with customers.