How to Name a Landscape Design Business
As a landscape designer, one responsibility is handling the business naming process. Choosing landscape design business names for your company can be stressful without a good strategy. Since a significant part of branding includes effective marketing, your name is critical in driving customers, gaining exposure, and achieving high profitability.
Writing down several titles can help you determine the most suitable option for your business and can be fun if you follow an effective plan. Since you’re a new business owner, you must be intuitive to make a sensible choice — and we’re here to help.
Use our free business name generator above to discover an array of landscape design business name ideas, or continue reading our quick guide to learn how to name your company.
TRUiC is a privacy-focused company. TRUiC's company name generator protects your personal information so that your searches remain private.
Step #1: Determine Goals for Your Landscape Design Business
Your business’s name is the very first connection you will make with prospective customers. It’s important that you define your organization’s mission, vision, values, and target audience as much as possible.
Before naming your landscape design venture, ensure that you fully understand exactly how you will run your company. Familiarize yourself with the industry and determine what it takes to start a successful business by conducting thorough research.
Here are a few factors to keep in mind when launching and naming a landscape design company:
- Landscape architects are primarily concerned with the design and layout of a lawn, such as where to place ponds, flower beds, patios, and stone walkways. A good landscape architect can dramatically increase the value of a property.
- This is very much a hands-on venture. Entrepreneurs who start a landscape design company should be very good with math and comfortable working around computers.
- Preferred clients are corporate clients or customers who have signed seasonal or “evergreen” contracts. Large revenue projects are ideal.
Step #2: Begin Brainstorming
We’ve shared some brainstorming techniques that you can use to get your creative juices flowing.
- Jot down some specific keywords for your landscape design business name. Here are a few examples:
- Think of adjectives that would describe your landscape design business and the types of products offered to derive inspiration. Here are some examples:
- Experiment with other branding and brainstorming techniques.
Recommended: Once you have your name, create a logo with our free Logo Generator. To learn about other small business ideas, read our guide.
Landscape Design Business Name Ideas
We’ve used general brainstorming techniques to share several creative and catchy business name ideas for a landscape design company.
Creative Approaches to Naming a Business
The following are helpful tips to help you find a unique business name that is relevant to you and/or your industry:
Capitalize on Business Location
The name of your city is one great way to brand your business. You can also think of nicknames that define what your city or state is well known for.
- Suburbia Custom Landscapes
- Lone Star Landscapers
- Georgia Backyard Designs
- Santa Fe Designed Greens
- Southern Charm Landscapers
Connecting Through Emotion
Words that evoke a certain emotion, reminders of personal experiences, and travel memories may be good for branding.
Pun Fun, Word Combination, and Alliteration
Make brainstorming fun by creating puns, combining two relevant words and/or concepts, or by using same letter and sound repetition.
Short and Sweet
Oftentimes, simply using one word for a business name can be more powerful and engaging for clients/customers. Carefully consider your brand and brainstorm adjectives and synonyms that describe your business idea. For instance, if you own a landscape design business, ask yourself how you would describe what you’re offering (e.g. custom lawn designs, layouts, aesthetics, art, architecture, etc.). Consider how you want your customers to feel (satisfied, relaxed, creative, etc.), and so on.
Naming your business can be as easy as just using your own name. You can also incorporate names of friends and family members.
Step #3: Use Our Business Name Generator
Use our free business name generator tool by following the 3 simple steps: Search, select, and get the perfect domain name!
Filter results by location, industry, and domain name to produce more customized brand names for your venture.
Step #4: Register Your Landscape Design Business Name
Visit our business name search page to see if your desired brandable name is available in your state.
Steps After Naming Your Landscape Design Business
There are some steps you can take to successfully establish brand recognition and credibility for your venture.
- Choose a business structure. Formally structuring a business (e.g., LLC, corporation, etc.) reduces liability. We recommend checking out the Top LLC Formation Services.
- Design a logo for your landscape design business. Creating a logo is vital for increasing brand awareness, and there are several logo maker tools available to help you design a unique one. Use our landscape design business logo generator to simplify the process.
- Make a website for your landscape design business. Website builders like GoDaddy make the process simple and quick. Check out our Best Website Builder article.
- Use our QR Code Generator. Our QR code tool allows you to create virtual business cards (vCards), market your company, and share your new website with customers.