How to Name a Locksmith Business
You know your locksmith company needs a brand name that’s catchy while conveying your reliability. But coming up with a name for your business that is memorable and captures your unique offerings can be challenging for any entrepreneur. If you want to stand out in a crowded market, it’s understandable to want to choose from only the best locksmith business names for your venture.
Use our free business name generator above to discover an array of locksmith business name ideas, or continue reading our quick guide to learn how to name your company.
TRUiC is a privacy-focused company. TRUiC's business name generator protects your personal information so that your searches remain private.
Step #1: Determine Goals for Your Locksmith Business
Your business’s name is the very first connection you will make with prospective customers. It’s important that you define your organization’s mission, vision, values, and target audience as much as possible.
Before naming your locksmith venture, ensure that you fully understand exactly how you will run your company. Familiarize yourself with the industry and determine what it takes to start a successful business by conducting thorough research.
Here are a few factors to keep in mind when launching and naming a locksmith company:
- Locksmithing involves picking, designing, installing, and maintaining locks — both mechanical and electronic. Your business would sell to, and service, clients who need these kinds of services.
- Locksmithing businesses are started by people who like working with their hands, have a background in mechanical engineering or are mechanically inclined, are creative and curious by nature, love puzzles, and who are night owls.
- Locksmithing is a challenging business and not for individuals who give up easily. Technology changes at a rapid pace in this industry, so a constant desire to learn and discover new things is important.
Step #2: Begin Brainstorming
We’ve shared some brainstorming techniques that you can use to get your creative juices flowing.
- Jot down some of specific keywords for your locksmith business name. Here are a few examples:
- Think of adjectives that would describe your locksmith business and the types of products offered to derive inspiration. Here are some examples:
- Experiment with other branding and brainstorming techniques.
Recommended: Once you have your name, create a logo with our free Logo Generator. To learn about other small business ideas, read our guide.
Locksmith Business Name Ideas
We’ve used general brainstorming techniques to share several creative and catchy business name ideas for a locksmith company.
Creative Approaches to Naming a Locksmith Business
The following are helpful tips to help you find a unique business name that is relevant to you and/or your industry:
Capitalize on Business Location
The name of your city is one great way to brand your business. You can also think of nicknames that define what your city or state is well known for.
Connecting Through Emotion
Words that evoke a certain emotion, reminders of personal experiences, and travel memories may be good for branding.
Pun Fun, Word Combination, and Alliteration
Make brainstorming fun by creating puns, combining two relevant words and/or concepts, or by using same letter and sound repetition.
Short and Sweet
Oftentimes, simply using one word for a business name can be more powerful and engaging for clients/customers. Carefully consider your brand and brainstorm adjectives and synonyms that describe your business idea. For instance, if you own a locksmith business, ask yourself how you would describe what you’re offering (e.g. assistance, 24/7 locksmithing, lock replacements, security solutions, etc.). Consider how you want your customers to feel (satisfied, safe, secure, helped, etc.), and so on.
Naming your business can be as easy as just using your own name. You can also incorporate names of friends and family members.
Step #3: Use Our Business Name Generator
Discover the perfect brand name for your locksmith business by using our free business name generator tool. Simply follow the 3 steps: search, select, and get the perfect domain name!
Filter results by location, industry, and domain name to produce more customized brand names for your venture.
Step #4: Register Your Locksmith Business Name
Visit our business name search page to see if your desired brandable name is available in your state.
Steps After Naming Your Locksmith Business
There are some steps you can take to successfully establish brand recognition and credibility for your venture.
- Choose a business structure. Formally structuring a business (e.g., LLC, corporation, etc.) reduces liability. We recommend checking out the Top LLC Formation Services.
- Design a logo for your locksmith business. Creating a logo is vital for increasing brand awareness, and there are several logo maker tools available to help you design a unique one. Use our locksmith business logo generator to simplify the process.
- Make a website for your locksmith business. Website builders like GoDaddy make the process simple and quick. Check out our Best Website Builder article.
- Use our QR Code Generator. Our QR code tool allows you to create virtual business cards (vCards), market your company, and share your new website with customers.