How to Name a Nail Salon
Before you open your nail salon, you must find the perfect name to represent you as a professional business owner. It can become a vital factor in the perception of your establishment and its manicure/pedicure services. Many other shops have engaging titles that draw returning and new customers. Therefore, you must consider developing a custom strategy by drafting nail salon names you can use repeatedly.
Since other beauty shop types, such as hair salons and spas, will likely be your competition in addition to other nail salons, ensuring your salon lives up to its name is significant during the entire process. You must also make the best choice that reflects your expertise and attracts the interest of new customers who want a positive experience.
Use our free business name generator above to discover an array of nail salon name ideas, or continue reading our quick guide to learn how to name your company.
TRUiC is a privacy-focused company. TRUiC's business name generator protects your personal information so that your searches remain private.
Step #1: Determine Goals for Your Nail Salon
Your business’s name is the very first connection you will make with prospective customers. It’s important that you define your organization’s mission, vision, values, and target audience as much as possible.
Before naming your venture, ensure that you fully understand exactly how you will run your company. Familiarize yourself with the industry and determine what it takes to start a successful business by conducting thorough research.
Here are a few factors to keep in mind when launching and naming a nail salon:
- A nail salon provides manicures, pedicures and other nail treatments to make customers’ nails look great. Customers may come to have their nails done on a regular basis or for a special occasion.
- A nail salon owner must be personable and friendly, as providing customers with a comfortable, pleasant atmosphere assures that they will return in the future and increases the chance that they will recommend your salon to those in their social sphere.
- The ideal customer is someone who cares about their appearance, appreciates fashion and has some discretionary income.
Step #2: Begin Brainstorming
We’ve shared some unique brainstorming techniques that you can use to get your creative juices flowing.
- Jot down some specific keywords when brainstorming nail salon names. Here are a few examples:
- Nail Designs
- Think of catchy adjectives that would describe your nail salon and the types of products offered to derive inspiration. Here are some examples:
- Experiment with other branding and brainstorming techniques.
Recommended: Once you have your name, create a logo with our Free Nail Salon Logo Generator. To learn about other small business ideas, read our guide.
Nail Salon Business Name Ideas
We’ve used general brainstorming techniques to share several classy, cute, and catchy business name ideas for a nail salon.
Creative Approaches to Naming a Nail Salon
The following are helpful tips to help you find a unique business name that is relevant to you and/or your industry:
Capitalize on Business Location
The name of your city is one great way to brand your business. You can also think of nicknames that define what your city or state is well known for.
Connecting Through Emotion
Words that evoke a certain emotion, reminders of personal experiences, and travel memories may be good ideas for branding.
Pun Fun, Word Combination, and Alliteration
Make brainstorming fun by creating puns, combining two relevant words and/or concepts, or by using same letter and sound repetition.
Short and Sweet
Oftentimes, simply using one creative word for a nail salon business name can be more powerful and engaging for clients/customers. Carefully consider your unique brand and brainstorm catchy adjectives and synonyms that describe your business idea. For instance, if you own a nail salon, ask yourself how you would describe the services you’re offering (e.g., French manicures, pedicures, nail art, gel, acrylic, high-quality service, wine, champagne, snacks, etc.). Consider how you want your customers to feel when they see their nails (beautiful, bold, classy, cute, confident, etc.), and so on.
Naming your business can be as easy as just using your own name. You can also incorporate names of friends and family members.
Step #3: Use Our Business Name Generator
Use our free business name generator tool by following the 3 simple steps: Search, select, and get the perfect domain name!
Filter results by location, industry, and domain name to produce more customized brand names for your venture.
Step #4: Register Your Nail Salon Business Name
Visit our business name search page to see if your desired brandable name is available in your state.
Steps After Naming Your Nail Salon
There are some steps you can take to successfully establish brand recognition and credibility for your venture.
- Choose a business structure. Formally structuring a business (e.g., LLC, corporation, etc.) reduces liability. We recommend checking out the Top LLC Formation Services.
- Design a logo for your nail salon. Creating a logo is vital for increasing brand awareness, and there are several logo maker tools available to help you design a unique one. Use our nail salon business logo generator to simplify the process.
- Make a website for your nail salon. Website builders like GoDaddy make the process simple and quick. Check out our Best Website Builder article.
- Use our QR Code Generator. Our QR code tool allows you to create virtual business cards (vCards), market your company, and share your new website with customers.