How to Name a Novelty Store
Selecting a suitable name for your novelty store is a critical step for any entrepreneur, as the brand name should effectively communicate the fun, even outlandish nature of the products offered by your store. Consider who your target market is as you start brainstorming ideas.
Use our free business name generator above to discover an array of novelty store name ideas, or continue reading our quick guide to learn how to name your company.
TRUiC is a privacy-focused company. TRUiC's business name generator protects your personal information so that your searches remain private.
Step #1: Determine Goals for Your Novelty Store
Your business’s name is the very first connection you will make with prospective customers. It’s important that you define your organization’s mission, vision, values, and target audience as much as possible.
Before naming your venture, ensure that you fully understand exactly how you will run your company. Familiarize yourself with the industry and determine what it takes to start a successful business by conducting thorough research.
Here are a few factors to keep in mind when launching and naming a novelty store:
- Novelty stores are a haven for those with a whimsical spirit, stocking unusual items that bring joy and nostalgia to customers. From gag gifts to adult-friendly products, the playful assortment will cater to those who seek the extraordinary.
- An owner of a novelty store should embrace their unique traits, as their personality and character can create loyalty and an unwavering love for their store.
- Anyone with a knack for fun and charisma will undoubtedly thrive in this one-of-a-kind setting.
Step #2: Begin Brainstorming
We’ve shared some brainstorming techniques that you can use to get your creative juices flowing.
- Jot down some specific keywords for your novelty store name. Here are a few examples:
- Novelty Items
- Gag Gifts
- Toys and Games
- Think of adjectives that would describe your novelty store and the types of products offered to derive inspiration. Here are some examples:
- Experiment with other branding and brainstorming techniques.
Recommended: Once you have your name, create a logo with our free Logo Generator. To learn about other small business ideas, read our guide.
Novelty Store Business Name Ideas
We’ve used general brainstorming techniques to share several creative and catchy business name ideas for a novelty store.
Creative Approaches to Naming a Business
The following are helpful tips to help you find a unique business name that is relevant to you and/or your industry:
Capitalize on Business Location
The name of your city is one great way to brand your business. You can also think of nicknames that define what your city or state is well known for.
Connecting Through Emotion
Words that evoke a certain emotion, reminders of personal experiences, and travel memories may be good for branding.
Pun Fun, Word Combination, and Alliteration
Make brainstorming fun by creating puns, combining two relevant words and/or concepts, or by using same letter and sound repetition.
Short and Sweet
Oftentimes, simply using one word for a business name can be more powerful and engaging for clients/customers. Carefully consider your brand and brainstorm adjectives and synonyms that describe your business idea. For instance, if you own a novelty store, ask yourself how you would describe what you’re offering (e.g. knick-knacks, various gifts, toys, unique items, etc.). Consider how you want your customers to feel (satisfied, delighted, pleased, enjoying themselves, etc.), and so on.
Naming your business can be as easy as just using your own name. You can also incorporate names of friends and family members.
Step #3: Use Our Business Name Generator
Use our free business name generator tool by following the 3 simple steps: Search, select, and get the perfect domain name!
Filter results by location, industry, and domain name to produce more customized brand names for your venture.
Step #4: Register Your Novelty Store Business Name
Visit our business name search page to see if your desired brandable name is available in your state.
Steps After Naming Your Novelty Store
There are some steps you can take to successfully establish brand recognition and credibility for your venture.
- Choose a business structure. Formally structuring a business (e.g., LLC, corporation, etc.) reduces liability. We recommend checking out the Top LLC Formation Services.
- Design a logo for your novelty store business. Creating a logo is vital for increasing brand awareness, and there are several logo maker tools available to help you design a unique one. Use our novelty store logo generator to simplify the process.
- Make a website for your novelty store business. Website builders like GoDaddy make the process simple and quick. Check out our Best Website Builder article.
- Use our QR Code Generator. Our QR code tool allows you to create virtual business cards (vCards), market your company, and share your new website with customers.