How to Name a Photography Business
One of the first things to consider when choosing a name for your photography company is to reflect on your style and the type of photography that you specialize in. Are you a portrait photographer? Do you specialize in landscapes or weddings? Your brand name should reflect your area of expertise and the type of services you offer.
In this article, we will explore some tips for brainstorming photography business names and offer some creative inspiration.
Use our free business name generator above to discover an array of photography business name ideas, or continue reading our quick guide to learn how to name your company.
TRUiC is a privacy-focused company. TRUiC's business name generator protects your personal information so that your searches remain private.
Step #1: Determine Goals for Your Photography Business
Your business’s name is the very first connection you will make with prospective customers. It’s important that you define your organization’s mission, vision, values, and target audience as much as possible.
Before naming your photography venture, ensure that you fully understand exactly how you will run your company. Familiarize yourself with the industry and determine what it takes to start a successful business by conducting thorough research.
Here are a few factors to keep in mind when launching and naming a photography company:
- There’s a need for professional photographers in every market, but the majority of photographers make money either by serving individual clients or by working as a freelancer for magazines, websites, etc.
- This venture is great for people who have a creative eye, like flexible work schedules, and enjoy creating and editing photography of all kinds.
- If you are tech-savvy, you might also consider starting a photo-editing / restoration service.
Step #2: Begin Brainstorming
We’ve shared some brainstorming techniques that you can use to get your creative juices flowing.
- Jot down some specific keywords when brainstorming photography business names. Here are a few examples:
- Think of catchy adjectives that would describe your photography business and the types of products offered to derive inspiration and creative names. Here are some examples:
- Experiment with other branding and brainstorming techniques since the perfect brand name will set you apart from the competition.
Recommended: Once you have your name, create a logo with our free Logo Generator. To learn about other small business ideas, read our guide.
Photography Business Name Ideas
We’ve used general brainstorming techniques to share several catchy and creative business name ideas for your new photography company.
Creative Approaches to Naming a Photography Business
The following are helpful tips to help you find a unique business name that is relevant to you and/or your industry:
Capitalize on Business Location
The name of your city is one great way to brand your business. You can also think of business names that define what your city or state is well known for.
Connecting Through Emotion
Words that evoke a certain emotion, reminders of personal experiences, and travel memories may be good for branding.
Pun Fun, Word Combination, and Alliteration
Make brainstorming fun by creating puns, combining two relevant words and/or concepts, or by using same letter and sound repetition.
Short and Sweet
Oftentimes, simply using one word for photography business names can be more powerful and engaging for clients/customers. Carefully consider your brand and brainstorm catchy adjectives and synonyms that describe your new business idea. For instance, if you own a photography business, ask yourself how you would describe the creative and unique services you’re offering (e.g., portraits, landscapes, cityscapes, special occasions, etc.). Consider how you want your customers to feel when they see the images (beautiful, unique, etc.), and so on.
Naming your business can be as easy as just using your own name. You can also incorporate celebrity names, public figures, or friends and family members.
Step #3: Use Our Business Name Generator
Use our free business name generator tool by following the 3 simple steps: Search, select, and get the perfect domain name!
Filter results by location, industry, and domain name to produce more customized brand names for your company.
Step #4: Register Your Photography Business Name
Visit our business name search page to see if your desired brandable name is available in your state.
Steps After Naming Your Photography Business
There are some steps you can take to successfully establish brand recognition and credibility for your company.
- Choose a business structure. Formally structuring a business (e.g., LLC, corporation, etc.) reduces liability. We recommend checking out the Top LLC Formation Services.
- Design a logo for your photography business. Creating a logo is vital for increasing brand awareness, and there are several logo maker tools available to help you design a unique one. Use our photography business logo generator to simplify the process.
- Make a website for your photography business. Website builders like GoDaddy make the process simple and quick. Check out our Best Website Builder article.
- Use our QR Code Generator. Our QR code tool allows you to create virtual business cards (vCards), market your company, and share your new website with customers.