How to Name a Soap Making Business
Whether it started as a hobby or has long been a business goal, launching your soap making company is more than just rolling out products to sell. You need a good brand name that encourages people to remember you, buy from you, and come back to you. Soap making business names can be fun to create, whether you want to be light and playful or quite modern and serious.
As you consider names, think about what you look for when you're after a product like your own. Is it refreshing? Does it protect the skin? Perhaps it's good for the environment?
Use our free business name generator above to discover an array of soap making business name ideas, or continue reading our quick guide to learn how to name your company.
TRUiC is a privacy-focused company. TRUiC's business name generator protects your personal information so that your searches remain private.
Step #1: Determine Goals for Your Soap Making Business
Your business’s name is the very first connection you will make with prospective customers. It’s important that you define your organization’s mission, vision, values, and target audience as much as possible.
Before naming your soap making venture, ensure that you fully understand exactly how you will run your company. Familiarize yourself with the industry and determine what it takes to start a successful business by conducting thorough research.
Here are a few factors to keep in mind when launching and naming a soap making company:
- As a soapmaker, you'll formulate soaps and perhaps other personal cleansing and beauty products according to your own recipes.
- You will market your offerings along sales channels that might include ecommerce, farmers markets, arts festivals, wholesale placement in spas and boutiques, and even door-to-door sales.
- You should have an interest in crafting a handmade product, and a knack for discovering scent combinations that your customers will love.
Step #2: Begin Brainstorming
We’ve shared some brainstorming techniques that you can use to get your creative juices flowing.
- Jot down some specific keywords for your soap making business name. Here are a few examples:
- Soap designer
- Soap creation
- Soap makers
- Cleaning product providers
- Organic cleaner
- Body products
- Soap sudders
- Beautiful scrubbers
- Skin bath
- Body protections
- Think of adjectives that would describe your soap making business and the types of products offered to derive inspiration. Here are some examples:
- Nature influences
- Experiment with other branding and brainstorming techniques.
Recommended: Once you have your name, create a logo with our free Logo Generator. To learn about other small business ideas, read our guide.
Soap Making Business Name Ideas
We’ve used general brainstorming techniques to share several creative and catchy business name ideas for a soap making company.
Creative Approaches to Naming a Business
The following are helpful tips to help you find a unique business name that is relevant to you and/or your industry:
Capitalize on Business Location
The name of your city is one great way to brand your business. You can also think of nicknames that define what your city or state is well known for.
Connecting Through Emotion
Words that evoke a certain emotion, reminders of personal experiences, and travel memories may be good for branding.
Pun Fun, Word Combination, and Alliteration
Make brainstorming fun by creating puns, combining two relevant words and/or concepts, or by using same letter and sound repetition.
Short and Sweet
Oftentimes, simply using one word for a business name can be more powerful and engaging for clients/customers. Carefully consider your brand and brainstorm adjectives and synonyms that describe your soap making. For instance, if you own a soap making business, ask yourself how you would describe what you’re offering (e.g., products, quality, variety, etc.). Consider how you want your customers to feel (happy, pleased, satisfied, etc.), and so on.
Naming your business can be as easy as just using your own name. You can also incorporate names of friends and family members.
Step #3: Use Our Business Name Generator
Use our free business name generator tool by following the 3 simple steps: Search, select, and get the perfect domain name!
Filter results by location, industry, and domain name to produce more customized brand names for your venture.
Step #4: Register Your Soap Making Business Name
Visit our business name search page to see if your desired brandable name is available in your state.
Steps After Naming Your Soap Making Business
There are some steps you can take to successfully establish brand recognition and credibility for your company.
- Choose a business structure. Formally structuring a business (e.g., LLC, corporation, etc.) reduces liability. We recommend checking out the Top LLC Formation Services.
- Design a logo for your soap making business. Creating a logo is vital for increasing brand awareness, and there are several logo maker tools available to help you design a unique one. Use our soap making business logo generator to simplify the process.
- Make a website for your soap making business. Website builders like GoDaddy make the process simple and quick. Check out our Best Website Builder article.
- Use our QR Code Generator. Our QR code tool allows you to create virtual business cards (vCards), market your company, and share your new website with customers.