How to Name a Tattoo Parlor
A good business name should be catchy, memorable, and easy to pronounce, while also being unique and relevant to the tattoo industry. Consider using words that are associated with tattoos, such as ink, needle, or art, or play on words that relate to the business's location or style. It's also a good idea to brainstorm a list of potential names and get feedback from friends or colleagues before settling on a final choice.
Use our free business name generator above to discover an array of tattoo parlor name ideas, or continue reading our quick guide to learn how to name your company.
TRUiC is a privacy-focused company. TRUiC's business name generator protects your personal information so that your searches remain private.
Step #1: Determine Goals for Your Tattoo Parlor
Your business’s name is the very first connection you will make with prospective customers. It’s important that you define your organization’s mission, vision, values, and target audience as much as possible.
Before naming your venture, ensure that you fully understand exactly how you will run your company. Familiarize yourself with the industry and determine what it takes to start a successful business by conducting thorough research.
Here are a few factors to keep in mind when launching and naming a tattoo parlor:
- One of the most popular modern forms of expressing ourselves and sharing our love of art is through tattoos. Tattoo artists turn their client’s visions into reality through the process of inserting pigment into the skin’s dermis with needles.
- Tattoo shop owners who have found the most success are fully engulfed in the art community. They value free expression and recognize that art comes in many different forms.
- Some studios accept walk-ins and have standard art hung on the wall for clients to choose from. They accept custom jobs, but the bulk of their income is supported by walk-in traffic.
Step #2: Begin Brainstorming
We’ve shared some brainstorming techniques that you can use to get your creative juices flowing.
- Jot down some specific keywords for your tattoo parlor business name. Here are a few examples:
- Custom Ink
- Think of adjectives that would describe your tattoo parlor business and the types of products offered to derive inspiration. Here are some examples:
- Experiment with other branding and brainstorming techniques.
Recommended: Once you have your name, create a logo with our free Logo Generator. To learn about other small business ideas, read our guide.
Tattoo Parlor Business Name Ideas
We’ve used general brainstorming techniques to share several creative and catchy business name ideass for a tattoo parlor.
Creative Approaches to Naming a Business
The following are helpful tips to help you find a unique business name that is relevant to you and/or your industry:
Capitalize on Business Location
The name of your city is one great way to brand your business. You can also think of nicknames that define what your city or state is well known for.
Connecting Through Emotion
Words that evoke a certain emotion, reminders of personal experiences, and travel memories may be good for branding.
Pun Fun, Word Combination, and Alliteration
Make brainstorming fun by creating puns, combining two relevant words and/or concepts, or by using same letter and sound repetition.
Short and Sweet
Oftentimes, simply using one word for a business name can be more powerful and engaging for clients/customers. Carefully consider your brand and brainstorm adjectives and synonyms that describe your business idea. For instance, if you own a tattoo parlor, ask yourself how you would describe what you’re offering (e.g.,tattoos, art, freedom, etc.). Consider how you want your customers to feel (happy, confident, content, etc.), and so on.
Naming your business can be as easy as just using your own name. You can also incorporate names of friends and family members.
Step #3: Use Our Business Name Generator
Use our free business name generator tool by following the 3 simple steps: Search, select, and get the perfect domain name!
Filter results by location, industry, and domain name to produce more customized brand names for your venture.
Step #4: Register Your Tattoo Parlor Business Name
Visit our business name search page to see if your desired brandable name is available in your state.
Steps After Naming Your Tattoo Parlor
There are some steps you can take to successfully establish brand recognition and credibility for your venture.
- Choose a business structure. Formally structuring a business (e.g., LLC, corporation, etc.) reduce liability. We recommend checking out the Top LLC Formation Services.
- Design a logo for your tattoo parlor. Creating a logo is vital for increasing brand awareness, and there are several logo maker tools available to help you design a unique one. Use our tattoo parlor logo generator to simplify the process.
- Make a website for your tattoo parlor. Website builders like GoDaddy make the process simple and quick. Check out our Best Website Builder article.
- Use our QR Code Generator. Our QR code tool allows you to create virtual business cards (vCards), market your company, and share your new website with customers.