How to Name a Technical Writing Business
Ready to find a technical writing business name for your new venture? Naming a business is one of the most important steps for an entrepreneur — the business name should clearly identify what your technical writing business offers. You can begin by using our free business name generator above to discover an array of technical writing business name ideas, or continue reading our quick guide to learn how to name your technical writing business. If you’re ready to start your business, we also recommend reading our comprehensive guide on how to start a technical writing business.
TRUiC is a privacy-focused company. TRUiC's business name generator protects your personal information so that your searches remain private.
Step #1: Determine goals for your business idea.
How do you want your technical writing business to be perceived by the public? A business name should be memorable and catchy, relatable to your clients/customers, and set clear expectations relating to products, services, or a general sense of your business.
Make sure that you are aware of your desired target market, how you want to appeal to your customers, and the specific emotions you want your brand name to evoke.
Step #2: Begin brainstorming.
There are a variety of ways you can brainstorm a business name for your technical writing business; in fact, this part of the naming process can be a lot of fun. We’ve shared some brainstorming techniques that you can use to get your creative juices flowing and inspire you to find the best brand name for your new business.
- Jot down a list of specific keywords for your technical writing business name.
- Visualize the type of business you are trying to create and everything that comes along with a technical writing business to bring life to this business idea.
- Think of adjectives that would describe your technical writing business and the types of products offered to derive inspiration.
- Experiment with other branding and brainstorming techniques.
The above ideas are just a few general brainstorming techniques. Continue reading to learn more creative strategies to generate business name ideas and various approaches when naming a business.
Recommended: Once you have your business name, create a logo with our free Logo Generator. To learn about other small business ideas, read our guide.
Technical Writing Business Name Ideas
We’ve used the general brainstorming techniques mentioned above to share several creative and catchy business name ideas for a technical writing business. We hope these brand names will inspire you to come up with a few of your own. Check out what we came up with below:
Breakdown of Creative Approaches to Naming a Business
The ideas for naming a new business are endless once you put on your thinking cap. The goal is to come up with the best strategy that works for you and your business name. The following are helpful tips to help you find an unique business name that is relevant to you and/or your industry:
Capitalize on Your Business Location
The name of your city is one great way to brand your business and let your community know that you are open for business. You can also think of nicknames that define what your city or state is well known for or use slogans or historical accounts that define your location. You can use these to your advantage when coming up with business names.
- Pennsylvania Pro Writing
- Seattle Script
- Pen Masters Massachusetts
- Technical Writers of Texas
- California Content Creation
Connecting Through Emotion
We all know that psychology plays a big role in connecting with people and people who feel connected to your business become loyal customers. This is why words that evoke a certain emotion, reminders of personal experiences, and travel memories may be good for business and branding. Incorporating these experiences in a brand name can be a sure way to earn repeat customers for your technical writing business.
Pun Fun, Word Combination, and Alliteration
Coming up with business name ideas doesn’t have to be stressful or boring. You can make brainstorming fun by creating puns, combining two relevant words and/or concepts, or by using same letter and sound repetition. It’s a creative way to construct a catchy company brand name. See what we did there?
Short and Sweet
Oftentimes, simply using one word for a business name can be more powerful and engaging for clients/customers. Carefully consider your brand and brainstorm adjectives and synonyms that describe your business idea. For instance, if you own a technical writing business, ask yourself how you would describe what you’re offering (e.g., expert writing, clean copy, quick submissions, etc.). Consider how you want your customers to feel (satisfied, trustworthy, confident, etc.), and so on.
Naming your business can be as easy as just using your own name; however, there are different directions you can take. Take for example, celebrity names, public figures, or honoring someone you look up to or are close to such as a mentor, friend, or family member.
- Evelyn Expert Freelancing
- Karen's Clean Copy
- Twain's Technical Writing
- Faulkner Flexible Freelancing
- Hemingway Writing Hub
Remember to stay on track by selecting the business names on your list that best define your specific future brand. If you have narrowed it down to a few ideas and are finding it difficult to decide on one, don’t forget to ask others for an honest opinion. Since your new business name will be on your products, make sure that it is a positive brand name that you and your customers will be proud of displaying.
Step #3: Use our business name generator.
Discover the perfect brand name for your classy technical writing business by using our free business name generator tool. Simply follow the 3 steps: Search, select, and get the perfect domain name!
Our online business name generator even allows you to further filter your results by location, industry, and domain name to produce more customized, creative, and unique brand names for your technical writing.
Step #4: Register your business name.
Visit our business name search page to see if your desired brandable technical writing business name is available in your state. You can also choose the state in which you would like to conduct business, and read our in-depth business name registration guide.
Steps After Naming Your Technical Writing Business
Once you’ve chosen your creative, classy, and brandable technical writing business name, make sure you secure a domain name, especially if you want to establish an online business presence. Then, there are a few steps you can take to successfully establish your brand recognition, credibility, and loyalty:
- Choose a business structure for your technical writing business. Formally structuring a business (e.g., LLC, corporation, etc.) will help reduce liability. We recommend checking out the Top 5 LLC Formation Services.
- Design a logo for your technical writing business. Creating a logo for your business is vital for increasing brand awareness, and there are several logo maker tools available to help you design a unique logo. Knowing which logo maker will work best for you is a tough choice, so we've reviewed the Top 5 Best Logo Makers of 2021 to help you find the best tool that will work for your small business.
- Make a website for your technical writing business. Simple drag-and-drop builders like GoDaddy and Wix make the process simple and quick. Check out our Best Website Builder article.
- Our QR Code Generator offers several QR code options to fit your business's needs. You can create virtual business cards (vCards), market your business, share your new website with customers and more.