How to Name a Tour Company
Tour companies can provide enriching experiences for both individuals and groups. With careful planning and tailored itineraries, they can create unforgettable journeys their clients will remember for years.
When it comes to starting a successful tour company, few tasks are as important as choosing the right business name. Ideally, you want a memorable name that embodies the spirit of your company. But how should you start the naming process? This guide offers insights on the process of crafting perfect tour company names along with tips on how to make the right choice for your business.
Use our free business name generator above to discover an array of tour company name ideas, or continue reading our quick guide to learn how to name your company.
TRUiC is a privacy-focused company. TRUiC's business name generator protects your personal information so that your searches remain private.
Step #1: Determine Goals for Your Tour Company
Your business’s name is the very first connection you will make with prospective customers. It’s important that you define your organization’s mission, vision, values, and target audience as much as possible.
Before naming your venture, ensure that you fully understand exactly how you will run your company. Familiarize yourself with the industry and determine what it takes to start a successful business by conducting thorough research.
Here are a few factors to keep in mind when launching and naming a tour company:
- Tour guide services are most often offered in large, world-famous cities and cities that have rich historical backgrounds.
- Guests can be taken on a tour by foot or by vehicle, depending upon the distance that will be covered during the tour.
- The self-motivator with a thirst for knowledge who enjoys sharing what they’ve learned with others would do best owning a tour guide business.
Step #2: Begin Brainstorming
We’ve shared some brainstorming techniques that you can use to get your creative juices flowing.
- Jot down some specific keywords for your tour company name. Here are a few examples:
- Tour Company
- Sightseeing Tours
- Group Tours
- Customer Service
- Think of adjectives that would describe your tour company and the types of products offered to derive inspiration. Here are some examples:
- Experiment with other branding and brainstorming techniques.
Recommended: Once you have your name, create a logo with our free Logo Generator. To learn about other small business ideas, read our guide.
Tour Company Name Ideas
We’ve used general brainstorming techniques to share several creative and catchy business name ideas for a tour company.
Creative Approaches to Naming a Business
The following are helpful tips to help you find a unique business name that is relevant to you and/or your industry:
Capitalize on Business Location
The name of your city is one great way to brand your business. You can also think of nicknames that define what your city or state is well known for.
- Metropolis Travel Agency
- Travel Antiparos
- Memorable Voyage
- Boating the Mediterranean
- Caribbean Sands Tour
Connecting Through Emotion
Words that evoke a certain emotion, reminders of personal experiences, and travel memories may be good for branding.
Pun Fun, Word Combination, and Alliteration
Make brainstorming fun by creating puns, combining two relevant words and/or concepts, or by using same letter and sound repetition.
Short and Sweet
Oftentimes, simply using one word for a business name can be more powerful and engaging for clients/customers. Carefully consider your brand and brainstorm adjectives and synonyms that describe your business idea. For instance, if you own a tour company, ask yourself how you would describe what you’re offering (e.g., safaris, discounts, family time, views, city history, etc.). Consider how you want your customers to feel (impressed, excited, thrilled, educated, informed, worth their time, on vacation, entertained, etc.), and so on.
Naming your business can be as easy as just using your own name. You can also incorporate names of friends and family members.
Step #3: Use Our Business Name Generator
Use our free business name generator tool by following the 3 simple steps: Search, select, and get the perfect domain name!
Filter results by location, industry, and domain name to produce more customized brand names for your venture.
Step #4: Register Your Tour Company
Visit our business name search page to see if your desired brandable name is available in your state.
Steps After Naming Your Tour Company
There are some steps you can take to successfully establish your brand recognition and credibility for your venture.
- Choose a business structure. Formally structuring a business (e.g., LLC, corporation, etc.) reduces liability. We recommend checking out the Top LLC Formation Services.
- Design a logo for your tour company. Creating a logo is vital for increasing brand awareness, and there are several logo maker tools available to help you design a unique one. Use our tour company logo generator to simplify the process.
- Make a website for your tour company. Website builders like GoDaddy make the process simple and quick. Check out our Best Website Builder article.
- Use our QR Code Generator. Our QR code tool allows you to create virtual business cards (vCards), market your company, and share your new website with customers.