WHAT TO INCLUDE IN A JOB DESCRIPTION
A good job description should include a company overview and job overview, as well as an explanation of the associated responsibilities, skills & qualifications, and work environment. Below are some general guidelines for writing each of these sections effectively.
1. COMPANY OVERVIEW
Providing an accurate, concise description of your business is a great way to attract the right employees. Think of this section as an advertisement for your company -- why should prospective employees want to join your team?
Some useful things to include here are:
- Core company values
- Mission statement
- Brief history of your organization
- Anticipated growth
- Business goals
2. JOB OVERVIEW
In a few sentences, describe the purpose, importance, and fundamental qualities of the position being offered. No need to be too specific or comprehensive here -- the idea is to provide a zoomed-out image of the role the applicant would be filling in your company.
This is where you’ll outline the specific day-to-day responsibilities of the job. Bullet-point format is typically the most practical way to present this information.
4. NECESSARY SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
List in bulleted format the skills & qualifications that are absolutely essential to this position. Consider as many specific conditions of the job as possible in order to create a complete list of qualifications an applicant must have in order to succeed.
5. PREFERRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
List in bulleted format the skills & qualifications that are not essential, but would make an applicant more eligible for the position being offered.
6. WORK ENVIRONMENT
Describe the environment in which the applicant would be spending most of their time. In this description, include information about:
- Company culture
- Pace of work
- Amount of collaborative vs. independent activity
- Who the employee will report to (or vice versa)
Brand Ambassador Job Description
Below is our brand ambassador job description. You can post it as-is to an online job board like ZipRecruiter, or download and customize it to match the unique aspects of your business. Keep in mind that adding a custom company overview and description of the work environment (outlined above) will help you draw in the right applicants.
Brand Ambassador Job Description
Our brand ambassadors are the face of our company and culture. Ambassadors promote our products and services to followers on social media as well as at in-person events and shows. Brand ambassadors serve on the front lines by advancing our company’s culture, and we offer substantial compensation to those who effectively spread our message and create sales.
- Engaging potential and existing customers on social media and forums
- Posting about our company’s products and services
- Responding to online comments and questions
- Attending trade shows and other events as a company spokesperson
- Networking with potential customers and creating sales through word-of-mouth marketing
- Gaining a thorough understanding of our company’s culture, brand, products, and services
- Assisting with organizing local marketing events
- Providing the marketing and product development teams with feedback
- Passing on competitors’ marketing efforts to the marketing team
Necessary Skills & Qualifications:
- 6+ months of experience as a promoter or brand ambassador
- Experience creating and publishing online content
- Large social media following on at least one major platform
- Detailed knowledge of social media platforms
- Detailed knowledge of social media marketing tools (Hootsuite, Buffer, etc.)
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Commitment to acting professionally
- Outgoing personality and good interpersonal skills
- Firsthand experience with our products and services
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- 1+ years of experience as a brand ambassador
- Additional experience in sales positions
- Additional experience in online marketing and social media marketing
- Large social media following on multiple platforms
- Large list of email subscribers with good open rates
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related field
Create a free account with ZipRecruiter to post this job description to their online job board.Post to ZipRecruiter
3 STEPS TO TAKE WHEN HIRING EMPLOYEES
ENSURE LEGAL COMPLIANCE
Hiring employees can be an intimidating and time-consuming process, but it doesn’t have to be. We’ve created a hiring compliance checklist to help you get over the legal hurdles with ease. From obtaining an Employer Identification Number (EIN) to confirming work eligibility, our guide covers everything you need to know.
SET UP PAYROLL
Even if your business only has a few employees, setting up a payroll service can save you time for running your business and also ensure that your company is compliant with important federal requirements, such as employee withholding.
We recommend Gusto, a user-friendly payroll platform for small businesses. Try out their services and get one month free.
ACQUIRE WORKERS' COMP INSURANCE
Workers’ compensation insurance provides financial and legal protection for your business and its employees.
Whether or not you need workers’ comp insurance for your company depends on the nature of the job, the employer-employee relationship, and the unique regulations of your state.
Find out how much the right insurance will cost you.GET A QUOTE