WHAT TO INCLUDE IN A JOB DESCRIPTION
A good job description should include a company overview and job overview, as well as an explanation of the associated responsibilities, skills & qualifications, and work environment. Below are some general guidelines for writing each of these sections effectively.
1. COMPANY OVERVIEW
Providing an accurate, concise description of your business is a great way to attract the right employees. Think of this section as an advertisement for your company -- why should prospective employees want to join your team?
Some useful things to include here are:
- Core company values
- Mission statement
- Brief history of your organization
- Anticipated growth
- Business goals
2. JOB OVERVIEW
In a few sentences, describe the purpose, importance, and fundamental qualities of the position being offered. No need to be too specific or comprehensive here -- the idea is to provide a zoomed-out image of the role the applicant would be filling in your company.
This is where you’ll outline the specific day-to-day responsibilities of the job. Bullet-point format is typically the most practical way to present this information.
4. NECESSARY SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
List in bulleted format the skills & qualifications that are absolutely essential to this position. Consider as many specific conditions of the job as possible in order to create a complete list of qualifications an applicant must have in order to succeed.
5. PREFERRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
List in bulleted format the skills & qualifications that are not essential, but would make an applicant more eligible for the position being offered.
6. WORK ENVIRONMENT
Describe the environment in which the applicant would be spending most of their time. In this description, include information about:
- Company culture
- Pace of work
- Amount of collaborative vs. independent activity
- Who the employee will report to (or vice versa)
Insurance Marketing Professional Job Description
Below is our insurance marketing professional job description. You can post it as-is to an online job board like ZipRecruiter, or download and customize it to match the unique aspects of your business. Keep in mind that adding a custom company overview and description of the work environment (outlined above) will help you draw in the right applicants.
Insurance Marketing Professional Job Description
Our insurance marketing professionals are tasked with devising strategies that give our company an edge over our competition. In a crowded industry, we need our marketers to look outside the normal avenues of advertising to find out where our customers are and what they need to hear. We expect our marketers to appraise our clients’ needs and suggest ideas as to how the company can best target new business. As the insurance industry adapts to new challenges and changing consumer expectations, our marketers need to stay flexible and open to new ways of doing business. Marketers will work together to evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of each idea and then develop ways to implement the best concepts into action.
- Developing and implementing marketing campaigns to promote insurance products
- Setting goals based on documented company revenue and projected budgets
- Engaging with the community via local events
- Tracking data according to KPIs and making adjustments to campaigns as necessary
- Using A/B testing to verify the effectiveness of campaigns
- Defining target demographics and proposing ways to expand our customer base
- Using social media to start a meaningful conversation with customers
- Designing a referral program that truly incentivizes customers
- Gathering feedback and using data to influence future marketing ideas
Necessary Skills & Qualifications:
- At least 3 years of experience as a marketing or sales professional
- At least 1 year of experience in the insurance industry
- Technical savvy, ability to learn new software and programs quickly
- Experience with A/B testing and metrics tools
- Familiarity with all major social media platforms
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in creating and administering customer surveys
- In-depth understanding of insurance regulations and legal parameters
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in marketing or business
- At least 5 years of insurance marketing experience
- Familiarity with database management programs (e.g., SQL, etc.)
Create a free account with ZipRecruiter to post this job description to their online job board.Post to ZipRecruiter
3 STEPS TO TAKE WHEN HIRING EMPLOYEES
ENSURE LEGAL COMPLIANCE
Hiring employees can be an intimidating and time-consuming process, but it doesn’t have to be. We’ve created a hiring compliance checklist to help you get over the legal hurdles with ease. From obtaining an Employer Identification Number (EIN) to confirming work eligibility, our guide covers everything you need to know.
SET UP PAYROLL
Even if your business only has a few employees, setting up a payroll service can save you time for running your business and also ensure that your company is compliant with important federal requirements, such as employee withholding.
We recommend Gusto, a user-friendly payroll platform for small businesses.
ACQUIRE WORKERS' COMP INSURANCE
Workers’ compensation insurance provides financial and legal protection for your business and its employees.
Whether or not you need workers’ comp insurance for your company depends on the nature of the job, the employer-employee relationship, and the unique regulations of your state.
Find out how much the right insurance will cost you.GET A QUOTE