WHAT TO INCLUDE IN A JOB DESCRIPTION
A good job description should include a company overview and job overview, as well as an explanation of the associated responsibilities, skills & qualifications, and work environment. Below are some general guidelines for writing each of these sections effectively.
1. COMPANY OVERVIEW
Providing an accurate, concise description of your business is a great way to attract the right employees. Think of this section as an advertisement for your company -- why should prospective employees want to join your team?
Some useful things to include here are:
- Core company values
- Mission statement
- Brief history of your organization
- Anticipated growth
- Business goals
2. JOB OVERVIEW
In a few sentences, describe the purpose, importance, and fundamental qualities of the position being offered. No need to be too specific or comprehensive here -- the idea is to provide a zoomed-out image of the role the applicant would be filling in your company.
This is where you’ll outline the specific day-to-day responsibilities of the job. Bullet-point format is typically the most practical way to present this information.
4. NECESSARY SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
List in bulleted format the skills & qualifications that are absolutely essential to this position. Consider as many specific conditions of the job as possible in order to create a complete list of qualifications an applicant must have in order to succeed.
5. PREFERRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
List in bulleted format the skills & qualifications that are not essential, but would make an applicant more eligible for the position being offered.
6. WORK ENVIRONMENT
Describe the environment in which the applicant would be spending most of their time. In this description, include information about:
- Company culture
- Pace of work
- Amount of collaborative vs. independent activity
- Who the employee will report to (or vice versa)
Modeling Agency Human Resources Manager Job Description
Below is our modeling agency human resources manager job description. You can post it as-is to an online job board like ZipRecruiter, or download and customize it to match the unique aspects of your business. Keep in mind that adding a custom company overview and description of the work environment (outlined above) will help you draw in the right applicants.
Modeling Agency Human Resources Manager Job Description
Our Human Resources Manager will coordinate the paperwork and benefits for all employees. They’ll need to welcome new talent, explain the terms of their employment, and answer any questions employees have regarding their salary and benefits package. Human resources will also facilitate intra-office disputes and provide solutions to ensure smooth working relationships. They may be asked to weigh in on compensation packages and suggest improvements to attract top talent. Our HR Manager will also need to write or adjust company policies based on current employment laws, ensuring that the company is complying with all regulations. They’re expected to research any upcoming legal changes and update protocol accordingly.
- Developing and maintaining an efficient onboarding system
- Overseeing communication between the agency and regulatory bodies
- Identifying relevant legal changes and ensuring agency compliance
- Compiling reports to present to department leaders
- Conducting employee orientations
- Answering employee questions regarding individual benefit packages
- Tracking vacation time for accurate payroll
- Performing exit interviews upon employment termination
- Preparing a budget for all HR expenses
- Handling employee correspondence, including salary updates, separation notices, and related documentation
- Investigating accidents and preparing reports for insurance claims
- Attend HRing-related training
- Administering performance reviews
Necessary Skills & Qualifications:
- At least 5 years of HR experience
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking, and organizational skills
- Ability to work with a variety of personality types
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage a team
- In-depth knowledge of employment laws and trends
- Experience in budget preparation
- Ability to conduct training sessions for new employees
- Excellent analytical skills
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Psychology, or Communications
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- At least 1 year of management experience in the modeling industry
- MBA with HR specialty
Create a free account with ZipRecruiter to post this job description to their online job board.Post to ZipRecruiter
3 STEPS TO TAKE WHEN HIRING EMPLOYEES
ENSURE LEGAL COMPLIANCE
Hiring employees can be an intimidating and time-consuming process, but it doesn’t have to be. We’ve created a hiring compliance checklist to help you get over the legal hurdles with ease. From obtaining an Employer Identification Number (EIN) to confirming work eligibility, our guide covers everything you need to know.
SET UP PAYROLL
Even if your business only has a few employees, setting up a payroll service can save you time for running your business and also ensure that your company is compliant with important federal requirements, such as employee withholding.
We recommend Gusto, a user-friendly payroll platform for small businesses.
ACQUIRE WORKERS' COMP INSURANCE
Workers’ compensation insurance provides financial and legal protection for your business and its employees.
Whether or not you need workers’ comp insurance for your company depends on the nature of the job, the employer-employee relationship, and the unique regulations of your state.
Find out how much the right insurance will cost you.GET A QUOTE