Choosing the best registered agent service in Alaska can make a big difference in how smoothly your business runs, so it's important to do your research and select one that meets your needs. In this review, we'll take a look at some of the top services, including their pricing, features, and customer support.
Top Alaska Registered Agent Service: Northwest Registered Agent
Top 5 Alaska Registered Agent Services
|Best Registered Agent Services|
BEST REGISTERED AGENT SERVICE
We compared service providers based on:
- The cost and value of their services
- The needs of small businesses
- Additional services that might be helpful to business owners
- Northwest ($125/year) is our best registered agent service for small businesses because its pricing is competitive, its basic package is excellent, and it offers exceptional customer service.
- ZenBusiness ($99/year) deserves an honorable mention because its pricing is competitive and its pricing is affordable.
- Incfile ($119/year) received an honorable mention because it offers free premium services available in its base-level packages at a competitive price.
- Rocket Lawyer ($149.99/year) is a great value if you need legal information and access to free documents.
- LegalZoom ($299/year) is good for customers who value LegalZoom’s brand recognition and access to discounted legal services.
1. Northwest Registered Agent
Northwest is the best registered agent service in Alaska based on overall quality and transparent pricing. Northwest offers a seamless user experience and best-in-industry customer service and privacy protection.
If you choose Northwest, you'll get an online account to access essential documents, mail forwarding, and business address services. You'll also get the most straightforward and transparent pricing of any registered agent service.
Northwest’s virtual mailbox service will scan your mail and forward it to you electronically. This means that you can keep track of your mail no matter where you are in the world.
Northwest’s $125 Basic Package Includes:
- Registered Agent Services
- Privacy by Default®
- Local Corporate Guides®
- Free Mail Forwarding/Scanning
- Same-Day Local Document Scanning
Northwest receives service of process on behalf of Alaska small businesses at its Anchorage location.
Best Alaska Registered Agent Service: Northwest
Northwest provides standout customer service, excellent service packages, and transparent pricing.
ZenBusiness is another quality registered agent service because of the company's great customer support and excellent value.
ZenBusiness’ Basic Package Includes:
- Registered agent services starting at $99 without LLC formation
- Online document access
ZenBusiness offers an upgrade to its “Complete Coverage” service, which adds a “Worry-Free Compliance” guarantee. This guarantee includes:
- Annual filing report alerts
- Documents submitted on your behalf (you’ll only be responsible for state fees)
- Two free changes to your filings per year (state filing fees may still apply)
- Protection for any costs if you fall out of compliance with the state
Honorable Mention: ZenBusiness
ZenBusiness is a great service, providing a large number of features at an affordable price.
Incfile has served over 150,000 customers since 2004, and its Learning Center offers helpful information for business owners.
Incfile’s Basic Package Includes:
- A free year of registered agent services with LLC formation
- $119 annual fee after the first year (or $119 annual fee without LLC formation)
Incfile also provides a convenient online dashboard, which allows you to track and instantly access important business documents. In addition, the company sends email and SMS notifications so you can stay updated on the status of your documents.
Incfile’s virtual mailbox can provide international businesses with a principal street address for their business entity in addition to a registered agent office address.
Honorable Mention: Incfile
Incfile is a good service to hire if you are working with a limited budget and want a lot of added features.
4. Rocket Lawyer
Rocket Lawyer has provided services to over 800,000 businesses. This service is excellent for business owners who anticipate needing legal help. Its “Business Bundle” plan can include registered agent services for free for the first year.
Rocket Lawyer Packages:
- A 25% discount with a premium subscription
- $149.99 annual fee for non-members
- Business Bundle Plan includes a free year of registered agent services
Rocket Lawyer is known for providing high-quality legal information and support to business owners and entrepreneurs. Rocket Lawyer promises a 100% satisfaction guarantee for its services.
Exclusive Deal: Need affordable incorporation, registered agent, and legal resources? TRUiC has partnered with Rocket Lawyer to offer our users a discounted price.
Great Legal Services Value: Rocket Lawyer
Rocket Lawyer Business Bundle: $349.99 + State Fees (Regularly $649.97 + State Fees), includes a free year of registered agent services.
LegalZoom offers brand awareness, higher pricing, and a strong foothold in the registered agent services industry.
LegalZoom’s Basic Package Includes:
- $159 annually with LLC formation
- $299 annually
LegalZoom's service includes features such as business data protection, a compliance calendar, and unlimited cloud storage.
Its prices are higher than the competition, but you might feel more comfortable choosing its service because it has experience and brand recognition.
Electing or Changing an Alaska Registered Agent
Businesses are required to elect their registered agent when they fill out formation documents for their Alaska LLC or corporation.
Electing an Alaska Registered Agent for a New Business
To form an LLC yourself and elect a registered agent service, choose the guide that matches your business entity type:
If you are hiring a formation service to create your LLC or corporation, the service will elect your registered agent for you when it fills out your formation documents.
Recommended: If you use a formation service to form an LLC or corporation, you can get free registered agent services from providers like Northwest
Changing Your Alaska Registered Agent
If you have an existing LLC, corporation, or nonprofit in Alaska and you’d like to hire a professional service to replace your existing registered agent, the new registered agent will complete one of the following forms on your behalf:
Benefits of Using an Alaska Registered Agent Service
A registered agent acts as your business’s main point of contact with the state by accepting and sending legal documents. While it’s possible to serve as your own, there are several benefits of hiring a registered agent service:
- Compliance. A professional service will help your business stay on top of state requirements.
- Peace of Mind. You can focus your time, energy, and attention on growing your business.
- Flexibility. Choose your own business hours instead of having to make yourself available between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. every weekday to accept service of process.
- Privacy. The public record will list your registered agent service’s address — not your personal or office address.
Explore Individual Reviews
How do I choose a registered agent in Alaska?
Hiring a registered agent service provider is an investment in time management, privacy, and peace of mind. Not all services are alike. We recommend using a dependable national registered agent service.
Visit our Best Registered Agent Services review to learn more.
How much does a registered agent cost in Alaska?
The cost of hiring a service typically ranges from $99 to $349.
Do you need a registered agent in Alaska?
The State of Alaska requires that all LLCs, corporations, and nonprofits elect and maintain a registered agent and registered office.
Should I be my own registered agent for an LLC?
Hiring a registered agent service provider is an investment in time management, privacy, and peace of mind. Take a look at our Can I Be my Own Registered Agent guide to learn more.
Should I hire a registered agent for my Alaska business?
We recommend that most small businesses hire a registered agent for their Alaska businesses. Take a look at our Should I Hire a Registered Agent guide to learn more.
How much does it cost to change my registered agent?
Changing your registered agent can cost from $0 to $50 per state depending on the number of states you’re registered in to do business with your LLC.