Pros & Cons of Rancillio Espresso
To help you more easily evaluate espresso machines for your cafe, this manufacturer guide covers three main areas: general pros and cons, pricing, and overall ratings.
- Rancilio offers machines at a fraction of the cost of their competitors.
- These machines are ideal for high-medium volume cafes due to their included features that secure temperature and pressure during extraction.
- Automatic features make coffee preparation easy for beginners.
- More automated features than other brands which can be a plus for beginners but tends to be less helpful for seasoned baristas.
- Small, low-profile machines offer few custom options compared to their competitors' many options to suit a cafe’s aesthetic.
- For some cafes having many group heads on their espresso machine can mean the difference between being efficient during a rush and falling behind, if this is true for your coffee shop a Rancilio machine may not be the right choice for you as they have fewer options than their competitors.
Another brand offering more affordable price points, Rancilio creates machines known for their reliability and quality.
Classe 7 S
Built for ease of use, this machine offers all the basics required to produce espresso in a mid- to high-volume cafe. It also features heat exchange and quick-heat options that ensure a consistent, ideal water temperature.
- Price Range: $7,000-$9,700
- Group Heads: Two or three
- Boilers: Double with heat exchange and quick-heat options
- Body Material: Chrome
- Temperature: Features to help control and sustain the optimal temperature during peak rush times
- Aesthetic: Chrome with the choice of black or white features
Classe 9 S
This machine offers more features, materials, and group head options than its Classe 7 S sibling. Built to withstand even the busiest rush times, the Classe 9 S machine is both powerful and efficient.
- Price Range: $9,400-$14,000
- Group Heads: Two to four
- Boilers: Steam-ready, insulated format
- Body Material: Stainless steel
- Temperature: Quick-recovery boilers maintain set temperatures even during the busiest rush times
- Aesthetic: Sleek, stainless steel
Value – 5/5
Built to serve both the barista and the customer with their quick-recovery boilers, heat exchange and steam-ready insulated formats, these machines mean faster, quality coffee preparation even during the busiest rushes. Rancilio machines are well worth the money — especially given their lower price point than many competitors.
Ease of Use – 5/5
These machines are built with the barista in mind. With features like an innovative portafilter design, and barista lights that promote easy and fast espresso preparation without sacrificing quality, Rancilio machines offer great usability to baristas of all skill levels.
Included Features – 4.5/5
Rancilio equips its machines with a set of well-crafted features for less money than almost all of its competitors. However, due to their lower price points they often feature fewer features than some of their competitors. You can be sure that the features of each of these machines will fulfill a purpose for every barista that utilizes these machines that promotes efficiency and quality.
Rancilio is a great brand for high-volume cafes seeking an innovative, yet dependable espresso machine. The only downside is Rancilio’s lack of customizable options for its products’ exterior look, giving its machines a pretty simple, low-profile aesthetic.