How to Name an Antique Store Business
Creating an antique store is a great way to share your passion for valuable vintage items with others. One of the first steps in beginning this process is selecting a company name. Antique store business names should reflect their unique characters and offerings. Choose a name that effectively communicates your store's identity to potential customers.
Use our free business name generator above to discover an array of antique store business name ideas, or continue reading our quick guide to learn how to name your company.
TRUiC is a privacy-focused company. TRUiC's business name generator protects your personal information so that your searches remain private.
Step #1: Determine Goals for Your Antique Store
Your business’s name is the very first connection you will make with prospective customers. It’s important that you define your organization’s mission, vision, values, and target audience as much as possible.
Before naming your antique store venture, ensure that you fully understand exactly how you will run your company. Familiarize yourself with the industry and determine what it takes to start a successful business by conducting thorough research.
Here are a few factors to keep in mind when launching and naming an antique store:
- Your antique store may sell items online, in a booth at an antique mall, at craft fairs or flea markets, or in your own stand alone store front--or in a combination of all of those places.
- Most antique dealers specialize in a specific segment of antiques such as furniture, vintage jewelry, printed media, or even commercial signs.
- If you have a passion for a beautifully crafted table or marvel at the function of an old butter churn, you have the first requirement of a successful antiques dealer.
- You must also have a desire to turn a profit and be able to let go of your carefully selected inventory quickly and without any sense of loss.
- Customers who regularly purchase from antique stores value quality construction and elegance over a fancy showroom with over solicitous sales staff.
Step #2: Begin Brainstorming
We’ve shared some brainstorming techniques that you can use to get your creative juices flowing.
- Jot down some specific keywords for your antique store business name. Here are a few examples:
- Think of adjectives that would describe your antique store and the types of products offered to derive inspiration. Here are some examples:
- Experiment with other branding and brainstorming techniques.
Recommended: Once you have your name, create a logo with our free Logo Generator. To learn about other small business ideas, read our guide.
Antique Store Business Name Ideas
We’ve used general brainstorming techniques to share several creative and catchy business name ideas for an antique store.
Creative Approaches to Naming an Antique Store
The following are helpful tips to help you find a unique business name that is relevant to you and/or your industry:
Capitalize on Business Location
The name of your city is one great way to brand your business. You can also think of nicknames that define what your city or state is well known for.
- Atlanta Antique Alley
- Midwest Mystery Finds
- Secondhand in Seattle
- Hollywood Heirlooms
- Seventh Ave Antiques
Connecting Through Emotion
Words that evoke a certain emotion, reminders of personal experiences, and travel memories may be good for branding.
Pun Fun, Word Combination, and Alliteration
Make brainstorming fun by creating puns, combining two relevant words and/or concepts, or by using same letter and sound repetition.
Short and Sweet
Oftentimes, simply using one word for a business name can be more powerful and engaging for clients/customers. Carefully consider your brand and brainstorm adjectives and synonyms that describe your business idea. For instance, if you own an antique store, ask yourself how you would describe what you’re offering (e.g., antiques, restoration, curation, furniture, etc.). Consider how you want your customers to feel (excited, accomplished, enthusiastic, etc.), and so on.
Naming your business can be as easy as just using your own name. You can also incorporate celebrity names, public figures, or friends and family members.
Step #3: Use Our Business Name Generator
Use our free business name generator tool by following the 3 simple steps: Search, select, and get the perfect domain name!
Filter your results by location, industry, and domain name to produce more customized brand names for your antique store.
Step #4: Register Your Antique Store Business Name
Visit our business name search page to see if your desired brandable name is available in your state.
Steps After Naming Your Antique Store
There are some steps you can take to successfully establish brand recognition and credibility for your company.
- Choose a business structure. Formally structuring a business (e.g., LLC, corporation, etc.) reduces liability. We recommend checking out the Top LLC Formation Services.
- Design a logo for your antique store. Creating a logo is vital for increasing brand awareness, and there are several logo maker tools available to help you design a unique one. Use our antique store business logo generator to simplify the process.
- Make a website for your antique store. Website builders like GoDaddy make the process simple and quick. Check out our Best Website Builder article.
- Use our QR Code Generator. Our QR code tool allows you to create virtual business cards (vCards), market your company, and share your new website with customers.