The 5 Best LLC Services
|Best LLC Services|
HIGHEST CUSTOMER SATISFACTION
Hiring an online limited liability company formation service allows you to focus more on growing your small business. There are a plethora of online formation services that will start your business for a fee. We reviewed and ranked the 5 best LLC services. To do so, we actually formed separate LLCs with each service and carefully analyzed the platforms' pricing, features, accessibility, and more.
Our Best LLC Services for 2022:
- ZenBusiness is the best LLC service for small businesses.
- Northwest Registered Agent
- Rocket Lawyer is best if you need ongoing legal services.
We chose ZenBusiness as the best LLC service for small businesses. The combination of great customer service, competitive pricing, and straightforward plans make the business formation service a great choice when forming an LLC online.
We also chose Rocket Lawyer as the best choice if you need ongoing legal services for your business. Through a partnership with Rocket Lawyer, we're offering an exclusive offer for our users, which includes free incorporation services and high-quality legal help beyond business formation.
Best LLC Service: ZenBusiness
We recommend ZenBusiness ($39 + State Fees) as the overall best online business formation service because it provides a large number of features at an affordable price.
Continue reading our full breakdown of the best LLC services below. You'll find more information about ZenBusiness and Rocket Lawyer, as well as honorable mentions and side-by-side comparisons.
You can also watch our video to help you decide which LLC creation service is right for you and your business.
Based on overall quality, we highly recommend ZenBusiness when starting an LLC online. ZenBusiness offers company formation packages starting at only $39 per year (plus state filing fee).
- Straightforward and affordable LLC formation packages
- Responsive customer support
- Great customer feedback from ZenBusiness reviews online
- High-quality registered agent service
- If you want an Employer Identification Number (EIN), you will have to pay an additional $70 in the ZenBusiness basic plan. However, we recommend learning how to get an EIN for free.
ZenBusiness Pricing and Features
All 3 packages include essential products to form your LLC:
- Registered agent services: ZenBusiness offers a full year of included registered agent services in all three of their packages. After the first year, it’s only $119 per year. (We rated ZenBusiness as the best registered agent service as well!)
- Free Operating Agreement: Helps to define the terms of company formation. Not many companies include an Operating Agreement in their basic packages.
- Worry Free CPA Assessment: This assessment will provide you with an evaluation of your company finances and recommend the proper licensed CPA for your specific needs at no charge. The suggested accounting services are a great way to keep track of your company’s monetary flow, file taxes, and stay organized.
As you climb up to ZenBusiness Pro, you’ll find other helpful LLC creation features such as:
- An Employer ID Number (EIN)
- Worry Free Compliance Guarantee
ZenBusiness’s Premium package ($249 + state fee) includes even more add-on features:
- Business email, website, and domain privacy: These are great products that can help your business so your clients can easily contact you, gain visibility, and protect your private information
- Rush filing: For entrepreneurs seeking quicker and more comprehensive business formation services.
All in all, ZenBusiness offers the best LLC services for entrepreneurs and small business owners. ZenBusiness LLC packages include more valuable features, you can find a plethora of positive feedback online, and the company offers a seamless customer experience.
Want to learn more about ZenBusiness? Read our full ZenBusiness review.
Best LLC Service: ZenBusiness
ZenBusiness is the overall best online business formation service, providing a large number of features at an affordable price.
($39 + state fees)
Northwest delivers all of the LLC services that are essential for online business formation. Their incorporation service is $39 plus state fees, and it includes LLC filing, premium registered agent services, customer privacy protection, an online account to access business documents, and more.
Northwest is also known for their top-notch customer service; they provide their clients with Corporate Guides, who are highly trained U.S.-based support agents. Every customer gets a Corporate Guide assigned to their specific account, so you can talk to the same person if you have any questions or concerns.
- Positive customer reviews
- User-friendly online ordering process
- No hidden fees or “free trials” that cost money later on
- Professional U.S.-based customer service representatives
- You’ll need to pay extra fees for important LLC formation features such as an EIN and Operating Agreement.
Northwest Pricing and Features
Northwest offers one formation plan. For only $39 plus state fees, you’ll receive the following business features:
- LLC Formation
- Registered Agent Service
- Business Address
- Mail Forwarding
- Privacy by Default®
- Corporate Guide® Service
Want to learn more about Northwest? Read our full Northwest Registered Agent review.
Northwest Registered Agent
Northwest Registered Agent provides elite customer service from knowledgeable professionals. Get business attorney level service.
($39 + state fees)
Similar to ZenBusiness, Incfile provides a great value in their basic pricing plan for limited liability company services.
- Full year of registered agent service for free in all packages. After that year, it’s $119/year, which is still on the less expensive end of registered agent pricing.
- Incfile offers a real-time order tracking tool and quality customer support.
- The company provides a user-friendly, online dashboard to help you track important deadlines and compliance reminders
- Similar to Northwest, you will have to pay extra for important business features such as an Operating Agreement and EIN.
Incfile Pricing and Features
Their Silver package, which is free with the exception of state fees, includes:
- LLC formation
- One year of free registered agent service
- Lifetime company compliance alerts.
Incfile Gold ($149 + state fee) contains:
- An Operating Agreement
- Banking resolution
- EIN registration
Finally, their Platinum package ($249 + state fee) includes:
- A free business website and domain name
- Contract templates
- Expedited filing
Want to learn more about Incfile? Read our full Incfile review.
Incfile is one of the best LLC services if you are working with a limited budget, and want a lot of added features.
($0 + state fees)
4. Rocket Lawyer
Although ZenBusiness is the better option for simply forming a small business, Rocket Lawyer is the best choice if you want ongoing legal services past LLC creation.
Rocket Lawyer Pros
- The TRUiC and Rocket Lawyer New Business Bundle offers an exclusive discount!
- If you want to try the legal services subscription package, which includes LLC formation service at no cost, the 7-day trial removes any risk.
- Rocket Lawyer provides excellent customer service.
Rocket Lawyer Cons
- Rocket Lawyer is focused more on legal help and advice beyond company formation. If you are simply interested in starting a small business, there are more affordable options out there.
Rocket Lawyer Pricing and Features
Rocket Lawyer sets itself apart by offering a subscription-based model for ongoing legal services, with premium members gaining access to legal documents, advice, and more. We’ve negotiated a deal to bundle Rocket Lawyer’s premium membership services into an exclusive package for our users at the discounted price of $349.99 (plus state fees). You’ll save about $300 (over 45%!) by choosing our New Business Bundle, which includes the following:
- Free Incorporation Service
- 1 Year of Registered Agent Services
- 1-Year Legal Services:
- Real Lawyers, Expert Advice
- 30-minutes lawyer consults on each new legal matter, up to 40% off the attorney's hourly rate after
- Easy-to-use legal documents and contracts such as Operating Agreements
- Exclusive discounts on future services
- High-quality customer support
The TRUiC and Rocket Lawyer New Business Bundle is perfect for entrepreneurs who need additional legal expertise throughout their company’s lifetime. For example, if you’re starting a real estate business, you may want more comprehensive legal help and advice regarding rental applications, sublease agreements, etc. Rocket Lawyer excels in providing peace of mind for businesses that need easy access to attorneys and personalized guidance on legal issues that may arise.
Want to learn more about Rocket Lawyer? Read our full Rocket Lawyer review.
Best for Legal Service: Rocket Lawyer
Rocket Lawyer is the best choice if you want ongoing legal advice past LLC services. This platform is also great for new business owners who don’t have a lot of experience forming contracts. TRUiC partnered with Rocket Lawyer to offer you an exclusive discount of over 45% off!
($349.99 + state fees)
LegalZoom is one of the most recognized business formation services. The company is more focused on full legal services beyond just LLC creation.
- LegalZoom has established itself as one of the most popular LLC services, which gives the company brand authority.
- LegalZoom offers more legal services than other LLC formation companies.
- LegalZoom is on the more expensive side when it comes to LLC formation.
LegalZoom Pricing and Features
LegalZoom’s LLC formation packages start at $79 plus state fees. They will provide basic LLC filing services, but they don’t include as many features as other formation companies. You will have to pay extra for services such as an EIN, Operating Agreement, registered agent service, etc.
LegalZoom does offer a Business Advisory Plan, which provides the following and more:
- Tax advice
- Attorney help
- Access to legal forms
Overall, going with an established name like LegalZoom comes at a higher cost. If you prefer to use a company with brand power and are willing to pay significantly more to form an LLC online, consider choosing LegalZoom.
Recommended: Save Money With Our Coupon Codes (Promo Codes). These coupon codes will save you money and help further your business along. From tax breaks, to saving on your advertising and marketing spend, you’ll want to check out these recommended companies that all made it into our reviews. Save Money Now With Our Coupon Codes!
LLC Formation Packages Compared
The following online llc formation services offer multiple products at different price points. While each company names their option packages differently, they tend to follow the same three-tiered structure. We organized each of their packages as basic, middle, and top plan. Below, you’ll find a comprehensive side-by-side feature comparison. Please be aware that LLC pricing and options could change at any time.
Please note: Rocket Lawyer only offers one level of formation or a premium membership. In the following charts, we’ve decided to categorize Rocket Lawyer’s non-membership formation as the basic plan, the premium membership as the middle plan, and our exclusive new business bundle as the top plan. Additionally, Northwest only offers one incorporation service package at $225 + state fees. However, we’ve partnered with Northwest to offer TRUiC customers an exclusive deal of $39 + state fees. We will include information for the $39 package in the basic and middle charts, and cover Northwest’s more expensive package in the top plan chart. Overall, we recommend choosing the $39 + state fees package, which will save you money in the long run
Basic Plan Comparison
Middle Plan Comparison
Top Plan Comparison
Our LLC Review Methodology
Choosing the best LLC service to help you form your small business comes down to three things:
- Type of business you have
- Needs of your business
- Additional services you may want for your business
The TRUiC team evaluates each LLC service based on the following:
- Pricing: Does the company offer essential LLC services at an affordable price for small business owners?
- Features: Does the service’s basic LLC package include vital features such as Articles of Organization filing, registered agent services, and an operating agreement template?
- User Reviews: Have previous customers rated and reviewed the LLC service positively, and is the service receptive to negative reviews?
- Customer Support: Is the service’s staff knowledgeable, friendly, and responsive to customers? Will they provide entrepreneurs with peace of mind throughout the business formation process?
- Accessibility and Transparency: Is the information on the services’ websites easy for the user to navigate and understand? Is the checkout process straightforward, user-friendly, and void of hidden fees?
Overall, our main goal is to recommend the services that provide the best value for our users so they can more easily launch and grow successful businesses.
For another excellent review of these services, check out Incorporation Guru's Best LLC Formation Services.
What does an LLC formation service do?
LLC formation services specialize in forming limited liability companies for business owners. They help entrepreneurs save time by leveraging experts and technology to complete required paperwork, navigate confusing business jargon, help your company stay legally compliant, and more.
LLC creation companies also offer a variety of other useful features, such as registered agent services, operating agreement templates, EINs, and more.
What is the best LLC service?
ZenBusiness is our top-rated business formation service, as it offers a variety of helpful features at an affordable price.
How much does it cost to start an LLC?
The cost to form an LLC varies by state, but you can usually expect to pay between $50 and $500 to form the LLC and roughly $100 annually to maintain it (e.g., annual/biennial reports, state business taxes, etc.).
Is an LLC service worth it for a small business?
Although you can form an LLC on your own, it may be worth it to hire a professional LLC formation service. These companies can save you time and money in the long run, reduce the risk of formation errors, offer useful tools and features, and provide you with peace of mind so you can focus solely on the success of your business.
TRUiC’s team of researchers, writers, and editors dedicate hours to ensure howtostartanllc.com’s articles are accessible and actionable for both established and aspiring entrepreneurs. The team is made up of experts on a variety of topics from company formation to business growth. They consistently optimize the website’s content to ensure that all of the information is accurate and up-to-date.