Best LLC Services Compared 2024
Looking for the best LLC service in 2024 to start a business? Formation companies can lower startup costs when forming an LLC online, and also offer affordable features such as an Employer Identification Number (EIN) and registered agent service.
In this review of the top LLC formation services, we give you a side-by-side comparison of the features you should care about when starting an LLC.
Recommended LLC Service: Northwest ($29 + State Fees)
The 7 Best LLC Services
BEST FOR 1ST TIME BUSINESS OWNERS
OVER A MILLION BUSINESSES LAUNCHED
BEST SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS
Hiring an online limited liability company formation service allows you to focus more on growing your small business. There are a plethora of online formation services that will start your business for a fee. We reviewed and ranked the 7 best LLC services. To do so, we actually formed separate LLCs with each service and carefully analyzed the platforms' pricing, features, accessibility, and more.
Our Best LLC Services for 2024:
- Northwest Registered Agent is the best LLC service for small businesses.
- LegalZoom is best for expert legal advice.
- ZenBusiness offers the best subscription options.
- Tailor Brands
- Bizee (Formerly Incfile)
- Swyft Filings
- Rocket Lawyer
We chose Northwest Registered Agent as the best LLC service for small businesses. The combination of expert customer support, competitive pricing, and straightforward plans make the business formation service a great choice when forming an LLC online.
We chose LegalZoom as the best LLC service for those needing personalized legal advice due to their extensive network of experienced business attorneys.
We chose Tailor Brands as the best premium, all-in-one package. In addition to LLC formation services, Tailor Brands provides a suite of AI-powered tools for entrepreneurs to instantly build their brand and online presence.
Continue reading our full breakdown of the best LLC formation services below. You'll find more information about Northwest Registered Agent, LegalZoom, and Tailor Brands, as well as honorable mentions and side-by-side comparisons.
1. Northwest Registered Agent
We chose Northwest Registered Agent as the best LLC formation company overall. Northwest delivers all of the LLC services that are essential for online business formation.
Northwest's incorporation plan starts at just $29 plus state fees. It includes LLC filing service, customer privacy protection, free registered agent service for a full year, free operating agreement, an online account to access business documents, and more.
Northwest Registered Agent is also known for their top-notch customer service; they provide their clients with Corporate Guides, who are highly trained U.S.-based support agents. Every customer gets a Corporate Guide assigned to their specific account, so you can talk to the same person if you have any questions or concerns.
- Positive customer reviews
- User-friendly online ordering process
- No hidden fees or “free trials” that cost money later on
- Professional U.S.-based customer service representatives
- You’ll need to pay extra fees for important LLC formation services such as an EIN.
Northwest Pricing and Features
Northwest offers one business formation plan. For only $29 plus state fees, you’ll receive the following features:
- LLC Formation Services
- Registered Agent Service
- Operating Agreement
- Free Annual Report Reminders
- Privacy by Default®
- Free Phone Service for 60 days
- Corporate Guide® Service
- Accessible Online Dashboard
You also have the option to add on the following services:
- EIN ($50)
- Premium Mail Forwarding ($20/month)
Want to learn more about Northwest's LLC formation service? Read our full Northwest Registered Agent review.
LegalZoom is one of the most recognized business formation services. What sets the company apart is their ability to provide you with access to an attorney for personalized legal advice. This can be incredibly valuable for businesses that are complex or have unique legal needs. They offer attorney consultations on a wide range of topics, so you can get legal advice tailored to your situation rather than relying on general information.
- LegalZoom has established itself as one of the most popular LLC services, which gives the company brand authority.
- LegalZoom offers more ongoing legal services than other LLC formation companies.
- LegalZoom is on the more expensive side when it comes to LLC formation.
LegalZoom Pricing and Features
LegalZoom’s LLC formation packages start at $0 plus state fees. They will provide basic LLC filing services, but they don’t include as many features as other formation companies. You will have to pay extra for services such as an EIN, Operating Agreement, registered agent service, etc.
LegalZoom does offer a variety of legal services, such as the following:
- Tax advice
- Attorney help
- Access to legal forms
Overall, going with an established name like LegalZoom comes at a higher cost. If you prefer to use a company with brand power and are willing to pay a little more to start an LLC online, consider choosing LegalZoom.
ZenBusiness is another good choice when starting an LLC online. ZenBusiness offers company formation packages starting at $0* per year (plus state filing fee).
- Responsive customer support
- Great customer feedback from ZenBusiness reviews online
- Digital dashboard to access important business documents
- If you want an Employer Identification Number (EIN), you will have to pay an additional fee. However, we recommend learning how to get an EIN for free. You also have to pay extra fees for essential features like an operating agreement and registered agent services.
ZenBusiness Pricing and Features
All 3 packages include the following products and more to form your LLC:
- Articles of Organization filing
- Unlimited name availability searches
- Free accounting consultation
- Free automatic expense tracking
- Free tax deduction tagging
- Worry-free compliance free first year (Auto-renewal price: $199/yr): Includes annual filing report alerts and submittal (state fees may apply), two free filing changes per year (excludes state fee if applicable), and insurance on document filings to maintain good standing if documents are not submitted on time.
As you climb up to ZenBusiness Pro, you’ll find other helpful LLC creation features such as a custom operating agreement and expedite filing.
ZenBusiness’s Premium package ($349 + state fee) includes even more add-on features:
- Business email, website, and domain privacy: These are great products that can help your business so your clients can easily contact you, gain visibility, and protect your private information
- Rush filing: For entrepreneurs seeking quicker and more comprehensive business formation services.
- Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- Business Document Templates
Want to learn more about ZenBusiness? Read our full ZenBusiness review.
4. Tailor Brands
Tailor Brands’ mission is to empower entrepreneurs by offering a full-featured one-stop shop, including LLC formation, compliance, and branding/online presence. While Tailor Brands offers three different plans, our recommended package is the Elite Plan. This is the plan where Tailor Brands really shines, including everything serious entrepreneurs need to reach their target market — arguably the most important part of establishing an online presence.
Plenty of companies offer the basics for LLC formation and building a website, and taking these steps is certainly important. But they are really only the beginning of building a brand and reaching a market. The additional features found in Tailor Brands’ Elite Plan are what allow you to go from an LLC with a website to a recognized brand with an online presence.
Tailor Brands Pros
- One-stop shop that includes everything you need to establish your business online
- Extremely easy to use — you can get started with just a few clicks in as little as 10 minutes
- Gives you tools focused on branding and building an online presence
- More customization than some other services, including graphic design and logo-making tools
Tailor Brands Cons
- Getting the most out of Tailor Brands requires purchasing the top-tier plan, meaning it might not be the right choice for those seeking the cheapest options
Tailor Brands Pricing and Features
The Elite Plan is where Tailor Brands differentiates itself from the competition. It includes the following:
- LLC formation
- Annual compliance
- Expedited processing
- Operating agreement
The plan also includes some vital business-building tools:
- Five logos to create through Tailor Brands logo maker
- Domain name
- Website builder
- Digital business card
- Graphic design tools for social media
Tailor Brands might not be the best choice for startups seeking the cheapest option, but it’s vital for those ready to seriously invest in building an online presence. If you’re ready to immediately build and grow that presence using powerful tools, we highly recommend Tailor Brands’ Elite Plan. Check it out today!
Want to learn more about Tailor Brands? Read our full Tailor Brands review.
5. Bizee (Formerly Incfile)
Similar to Northwest and ZenBusiness, Bizee provides a great value in their basic pricing plan for limited liability company services.
- Full year of registered agent service for free in all packages. After that year, it’s $119/year, which is still on the less expensive end of registered agent pricing.
- Bizee offers a real-time order tracking tool and quality customer support.
- The company provides a user-friendly, online dashboard to help you track important deadlines and compliance reminders
- Similar to Northwest, you will have to pay extra for important business features such as an Operating Agreement and EIN.
Bizee Pricing and Features
Their Silver package, which is free with the exception of state fees, includes:
- LLC formation
- One year of free registered agent service
- Lifetime company compliance alerts.
Bizee Gold ($149 + state fee) contains:
- An Operating Agreement
- Banking resolution
- EIN registration
Finally, their Platinum package ($249 + state fee) includes:
- A free business website and domain name
- Contract templates
- Expedited filing
Bizee is one of the best LLC services if you are working with a limited budget, and want a lot of added features.
6. Swyft Filings
Swyft Filings provides a range of services aimed at making the LLC formation process faster and easier. While they do offer various packages to meet different needs, their offering doesn't quite match up to some of the top players in the market.
Swyft Filings Pros
- Reasonable pricing structures
- Quick processing times
- Accessible customer service
Swyft Filings Cons
- Registered agent service not included
Swyft Filings Pricing and Features
Their Basic package, which is free with the exception of state fees, includes:
- Creation of Articles of Incorporation
- Document filing
- Name check
- Ongoing customer support
Swyft Filings Standard ($199 + state fee) contains:
- Corporate bylaws
- Banking resolution
- Electronic delivery of state documents
Finally, their Premium plan ($299 + state fee) includes some extra notable features such as:
- Faster processing speed
- Legal and business document templates
- Free business website
- ComplianceGuard, which includes a free Annual Report, Amendment, and Meeting Minutes
- Statement of the Incorporator for opening a business bank account
- Intuitive online dashboard
Want to learn more about Swyft Filings? Read our full Swyft Filings review.
7. Rocket Lawyer
Although Northwest is the better option for simply forming a small business, Rocket Lawyer is an excellent choice if you want online legal services past LLC creation.
Rocket Lawyer Pros
- The TRUiC and Rocket Lawyer New Business Bundle offers an exclusive discount!
- If you want to try the legal services subscription package, which includes LLC formation service at no cost, the 7-day trial removes any risk.
- Rocket Lawyer provides excellent customer service.
Rocket Lawyer Cons
- Rocket Lawyer is focused more on legal help and advice beyond company formation. If you are simply interested in starting a small business, there are more affordable options out there.
Rocket Lawyer Pricing and Features
Rocket Lawyer sets itself apart by offering a subscription-based model for ongoing legal services, with premium members gaining access to legal documents, advice, and more. We’ve negotiated a deal to bundle Rocket Lawyer’s premium membership services into an exclusive package for our users at the discounted price of $349.99 (plus state fees). You’ll save about $300 (over 45%!) by choosing our New Business Bundle, which includes the following:
- Free Incorporation Service
- 1 Year of Registered Agent Service
- 1-Year Online Legal Services:
- Real Lawyers, Expert Advice
- 30-minutes lawyer consults on each new legal matter, up to 40% off the attorney's hourly rate after
- Easy-to-use legal documents and contracts such as Operating Agreements
- Exclusive discounts on future services
- High-quality customer support
The TRUiC and Rocket Lawyer New Business Bundle is perfect for entrepreneurs who need additional legal expertise throughout their company’s lifetime. For example, if you’re starting a real estate business, you may want more comprehensive legal help and advice regarding rental applications, sublease agreements, etc. Rocket Lawyer excels in providing peace of mind for businesses that need easy access to attorneys and personalized guidance on legal issues that may arise.
Want to learn more about Rocket Lawyer? Read our full Rocket Lawyer review.
Rocket Lawyer is an excellent choice if you want ongoing legal advice past LLC services. This platform is also great for new business owners who don’t have a lot of experience forming contracts. TRUiC partnered with Rocket Lawyer to offer you an exclusive discount of over 45% off!
Recommended: Save Money With Our Coupon Codes (Promo Codes). These coupon codes will save you money and help further your business along. From tax breaks, to saving on your advertising and marketing spend, you’ll want to check out these recommended companies that all made it into our reviews. Save Money Now With Our Coupon Codes!
LLC Formation Packages Compared
The following online LLC formation services offer multiple products at different price points. While each company names their option packages differently, they tend to follow the same three-tiered structure. We organized each of their packages as basic, middle, and top plan. Below, you’ll find a comprehensive side-by-side feature comparison. Please be aware that LLC pricing and options could change at any time.
Please note: Rocket Lawyer only offers one level of formation or a premium membership. In the following charts, we’ve decided to categorize Rocket Lawyer’s non-membership formation as the basic plan, the premium membership as the middle plan, and our exclusive new business bundle as the top plan. Additionally, Northwest only offers one incorporation service package at $225 + state fees. However, we’ve partnered with Northwest to offer TRUiC customers an exclusive deal of $29 + state fees. We will include information for the $29 package in the basic and middle charts, and cover Northwest’s more expensive LLC formation package in the top plan chart. Overall, we recommend choosing the $29 + state fees package, which will save you money in the long run
Basic Plan Comparison
Middle Plan Comparison
Top Plan Comparison
Our LLC Review Methodology
Choosing the best LLC service to help you form your small business comes down to three things:
- Type of business you have
- Needs of your business
- Additional services you may want for your business
The TRUiC team evaluates each LLC service based on the following:
- Pricing: Does the company offer essential online LLC services at an affordable price for small business owners?
- Features: Does the service’s basic LLC package include vital features such as Articles of Organization filing, registered agent services, and an operating agreement template?
- User Reviews: Have previous customers rated and reviewed the LLC service positively, and is the service receptive to negative reviews?
- Customer Support: Is the service’s staff knowledgeable, friendly, and responsive to customers? Will they provide entrepreneurs with peace of mind throughout the business formation process?
- Accessibility and Transparency: Is the information on the services’ websites easy for the user to navigate and understand? Is the checkout process straightforward, user-friendly, and void of hidden fees?
Overall, our main goal is to recommend the online LLC formation service that provides the best value for our users so they can more easily launch and grow successful businesses.
LLC formation services specialize in forming limited liability companies for small business owners. They help entrepreneurs save time by leveraging experts and technology to complete required LLC paperwork, navigate confusing business jargon, help your company stay legally compliant, and more.
The best LLC formation services also offer a variety of other useful features, such as registered agent service, operating agreement templates, EINs, and more.
Northwest is our top-rated business formation service, as it offers knowledgeable customer support and a variety of helpful features, such as a free operating agreement and free year of registered agent service.
The cost to start an LLC varies by state, but you can usually expect to pay between $50 and $500 to form the LLC and roughly $100 annually to maintain it (e.g., annual/biennial reports, state business taxes, etc.).
Although you can create an LLC on your own, it may be worth it to hire a professional LLC formation service. These companies can save you time and money in the long run, reduce the risk of formation errors, offer useful tools and features (e.g., EIN, registered agent service, etc.), and provide you with peace of mind so you can focus solely on the success of your business.
TRUiC’s team of researchers, writers, and editors dedicate hours to ensure howtostartanllc.com’s articles are accessible and actionable for both established and aspiring entrepreneurs. The team is made up of experts on a variety of topics from company formation to business growth. They consistently optimize the website’s content to ensure that all of the information is accurate and up-to-date.
Yes and no. While it's true that some services may offer a $0 formation fee, keep in mind that you will still need to pay the state filing fees for your state of formation.