Is ZenBusiness Right For You?
We know that entrepreneurs and small business owners have extremely busy schedules and may not have the time to read our full ZenBusiness review. Because of this, we’ve taken care of all the research so you can be fully confident in your decision. In fact, we used ZenBusiness to form an LLC ourselves and analyzed the platform’s features.
Overall, we determined that ZenBusiness is the best LLC formation service on the market. It offers affordable packages (starting at only $39) that provide entrepreneurs with all the essential LLC services they need to succeed in business. With ZenBusiness, forming an LLC is quick and easy.
Best LLC Service: ZenBusiness
We recommend ZenBusiness ($39 + state fees) because it offers affordable, high-quality LLC formation packages tailored to entrepreneurs.
Need a little more information before choosing ZenBusiness? Here’s a list of its main pros and cons:
- Affordable pricing (basic package starts at $39 + state fees)
- Essential LLC services such as an Operating Agreement in their basic plan
- Full year of included registered agent services
- Excellent customer reviews and support
- ZenBusiness can provide worry free compliance for annual report filing alerts.
- The service also includes a worry free CPA assessment in its basic package to help you with business taxes.
- Since the company is fairly new, ZenBusiness doesn’t carry as much brand recognition as other competitors
- You’ll have to pay extra for other essential LLC services such as an EIN
- There are more affordable services for creating a business website
Still having trouble making a decision? Continue reading for a more in-depth review of ZenBusiness LLC services!
For our ZenBusiness LLC review, we kept the following questions in mind:
- Is ZenBusiness a good deal?
- Is there a better deal?
- Who uses ZenBusiness and how did they review their experience?
What Is ZenBusiness?
Based out of Texas, ZenBusiness is a platform dedicated to helping entrepreneurs launch, maintain, and grow their businesses. It was founded in 2015 by a team of entrepreneurs who experienced the barriers that others continue to face today; ZenBusiness simplifies and accelerates the small business formation process for aspiring founders.
ZenBusiness is an excellent choice for small business owners ready to form an LLC or incorporate their startup. Formation service packages start at a reasonable price of $39 plus state fees, which include business formation essentials (e.g., Articles of Organization filing, registered agent services, Operating Agreement, and more).
ZenBusiness Pricing & Features
Similar to other business formation services, ZenBusiness offers multiple LLC plans: Starter, Pro, and Premium. All three ZenBusiness LLC formation packages offer exceptional value. We break down and review the differences between each pricing plan below.
ZenBusiness Starter: $39 + State Fees
ZenBusiness Starter offers the best LLC formation services, at just $39. This doesn't include government fees, of course. Competitors charge $25 to $100 more to form your LLC.
- Filing Articles of Organization
- Customer support through phone and email
- Access to important documents and paperwork for your LLC
- One full year of registered agent services with LLC formation (only $119 after the first year)
- Free Operating Agreement
- Worry Free CPA Assessment - includes recommendations for licensed CPAs and accounting software
Who should purchase ZenBusiness Starter?
Competing service providers charge hundreds of dollars extra for these LLC services and benefits. ZenBusiness Starter will appeal to customers who want an affordable way to file their LLCs. This package is all you need if you don't mind putting in a little time for other necessities like registering for an Employer Identification Number (EIN).
ZenBusiness Pro: $149 + State Fees
ZenBusiness Pro includes all the LLC services in the Starter package, and some additional business formation features.
- Employer Identification Number (EIN) - needed to open a bank account and file your LLC’s taxes. This service costs $70 extra if purchased separately.
- Worry Free Compliance Guarantee (normally $119) - Includes annual filing report alerts and submittal (state fees may apply), two free filing changes per year (excludes state fee if applicable), and insurance on document filings to maintain good standing if documents are not submitted on time.
- Banking Resolution template (normally $30)
- Domain Name Registration (normally $25)
- Expedite Filing Speed - formation documents completed and posted on dashboard within a week (normally $50)
Who should purchase ZenBusiness Pro?
ZenBusiness Pro package is ideal for new business owners who are interested in the necessary LLC services to get their business up and running. This package gives new business owners core products at a reasonable price.
ZenBusiness Premium: $249 + State Fees
ZenBusiness Premium covers all of the business formation services listed above and some additional ones
- Rush Filing Speed - LLC formation documents completed and posted within a few days (normally $100)
- Domain Name Privacy (normally $10)
- Business email address (normally $25)
- Business website (normally $100)
Who should purchase ZenBusiness Premium?
The Premium ZenBusiness LLC formation package is great for a stress-free experience. ZenBusiness will handle a lot of the details needed to run a business so you don’t have to and instead can focus on growing your business.
ZenBusiness Alternatives & Competitors
We don’t really have a better LLC formation alternative. In fact, we rated ZenBusiness as #1 in our review of the best LLC services! However, if you’re looking for legal services beyond company formation, we recommend checking out Rocket Lawyer.
LegalZoom is another competitor that holds more brand power than ZenBusiness; however, if you're looking for more affordable, high-quality services, we recommend ZenBusiness. For a more in-depth comparison, check out our ZenBusiness vs LegalZoom review.
Need more details? Read on for a more in-depth breakdown and review of our research on ZenBusiness LLC services.
ZenBusiness Customer Reviews
A plethora of positive ZenBusiness reviews from small business owners and entrepreneurs can be found online. Here are some ZenBusiness LLC reviews (from Trustpilot) by customers who used the company's formation services to help launch their businesses:
“I am extremely happy with the service. They are reasonably priced and professional and really make things easy for you to form an LLC . They also offer a variety of services. They completed my order much quicker than I had planned. I really think if you are starting a business, there is no better way to go! I will be using their services again!”
"Zen was extremely easy to use. I must admit, I was skeptical because the price was so low, but I was able to ask questions online via chat and was answered immediately. The process was extremely easy and fast. I definitely recommend Zen Business to anyone!"
“I thought this was too good to be true, but it was completely legit. I was very pleased with how quick and easy ZenBusiness made the process of becoming an LLC. They offer plenty of helpful add-on options that you can pay for, but they don't push them on you. It's also nice that everything is conveniently in a dashboard on their site for me. When I want to get an EIN or make amendments or anything, I can do it super easily from their site. Definitely would recommend.”
"Setting up my LLC was so simple. I didn't need to go crazy trying to understand lots of legal jargon as their online portal streamlined the whole process. I was up and running in under a week with everything that I needed to start my business."
Best LLC Services: ZenBusiness
Structuring your business as a limited liability company (LLC) ensures your personal assets are protected in the event your business is sued.
ZenBusiness ($39 + State Fees)
ZenBusiness Review Ratings
We further reviewed what you should keep in mind before choosing ZenBusiness LLC services. We’ve separated these points into four topics which are outlined below.
Cost Value - 5/5
ZenBusiness has carefully created LLC formation packages with small business owners in mind. These are quality bundles at a significantly lower price when compared to all other LLC services in the online formation market. In addition, they provide other helpful products that take into account businesses of all sizes.
Customer Service - 4.5/5
ZenBusiness's friendly staff is quick to offer state-specific guidance that’s simple and clear to understand. Additionally, in ZenBusiness reviews online, entrepreneurs rave about the quality customer support during the business formation process. This is especially useful if you’re a new business owner.
If you really value expert, knowledgeable customer service, competitors such as Northwest Registered Agent also excels in this area. Their experienced Corporate Guides offer personalized support and help throughout the business journey.
Ease of Use - 3.9/5
ZenBusiness's checkout process isn't as quick and simple as competitors such as Northwest. However, it is still fairly straightforward.
You can use your unique ZenBusiness login to navigate their website and find the company formation services you need to start. Their pre-selected packages offer valuable bundles that can save you money and time when forming an LLC. You can also search and find the exact products (e.g. EIN, registered agent services, worry-free compliance) that suit your specific business needs.
Included Features - 5/5
ZenBusiness offers online business formation services starting at only $39 per year (plus state fees). All 3 packages include the following:
- Registered agent services; an individual or business entity responsible for receiving important legal documents, tax forms, notice of lawsuits, and official government correspondence on behalf of your business.
- Operating Agreement; legal document explaining the ownership and operating procedures of an LLC
- Worry Free CPA Assessment; this feature will provide you with an evaluation of your business finances and recommend the proper licensed CPA for your specific needs at no charge. The suggested accounting services are a great way to keep track of your company’s monetary flow, file taxes, and stay organized.
The ZenBusiness Worry Free Compliance Guarantee is a great option for busy entrepreneurs and is part of their Pro and Premium LLC formation service bundles. This guarantee includes the following:
- Annual filing report alerts
- Documents submitted on your behalf (you will only be responsible for state fees).
- Two free changes to your filings per year (state filing fees may still apply).
- Covers the costs required to regain good standing if your company should miss a deadline or state requirement.
Business email, website, and domain privacy are add-on features that are included in ZenBusiness’s Premium package. These are great LLC services that can help your business so your clients can easily contact you, gain visibility, and protect your private information.
Learn how to cost-effectively start your LLC on our How to Save Money Forming Your LLC page.
ZenBusiness is an excellent choice for those who:
- Want premium-level LLC service, registered agent service, and customer support on a smart budget.
- Have the desire to form an LLC or corporation fast and without paying a significant premium.
- Want ongoing alerts and reminders about upcoming filing deadlines.
- Enjoy the benefit of an annual filing and submittal through a worry-free compliance guarantee.
- Value companies who believe in paying it forward.
All things considered, the combination of great customer service, competitive pricing, and straightforward LLC formation plans makes ZenBusiness the best LLC service.
Best LLC Service: ZenBusiness
Form an LLC with ZenBusiness ($39 + State Fees)
What do I need to form an LLC and can I start one on my own?
You can learn everything about starting an LLC — and form one on your own — by following the steps outlined in our comprehensive state-based guides!
Is ZenBusiness a good service for small businesses?
Yes, ZenBusiness is a good service for small businesses! The company has all the LLC essentials that entrepreneurs need to start and succeed.
Is ZenBusiness free?
No, ZenBusiness is not free; however, no service is actually free when you take into account the state filing fees. ZenBusiness has very reasonable prices for the services they provide for their customers. For instance, for only $39 plus state fees, you’ll receive business filing services, one year of included registered agent service, an operating agreement, and a worry-free CPA assessment.
Is ZenBusiness worth it?
Yes, ZenBusiness is worth it! Compared to other LLC formation companies out there, ZenBusiness will save you money and provide you with high-quality services.
TRUiC’s team of researchers, writers, and editors dedicate hours to ensure howtostartanllc.com’s articles are accessible and actionable for both established and aspiring entrepreneurs. The team is made up of experts on a variety of topics from company formation to business growth. They consistently optimize the website’s content to ensure that all of the information is accurate and up-to-date.