SWYFT FILINGS: KEY CONSIDERATIONS
While exploring Swyft Filings, we focused on the three main questions that would ease any LLC owner’s worries; is it a good deal, who uses this service, and is there a better deal out there? Answering these questions will boost your confidence so you can choose the service that gets your business formed and running.
Is It a Good Deal?
Swyft Filings is one of the most affordable options to form your LLC. The company provides added value by including special offers and discounts through their partners. Go with Swyft Filings for a solid balance between pricing and features.
Here is a quick list of Swyft Filings’ main advantages:
- Cost-effective LLC formation
- No artificially-inflated turnaround times to steer you into more expensive packages for quicker processing
- Valuable partner offers that come standard across all tiers, such as a free 30-minute tax consultation and a free domain name.
Who Uses Swyft Filings?
Swyft Filings is used by entrepreneurs who:
- Are looking for a cost-to-benefit ratio that favors the customer
- Don’t trust services that offer discount rates, but also don’t want to pay for premium brand name services
- Are looking to obtain all of the LLC formation essentials for less than $200
Here are some verified reviews from the Better Business Bureau website) by people who used Swyft Filings to help launch their businesses:
“Their service was quick, easy, and reliable. Everyone was very knowledgeable and guided me through the entire process.”
“I used them to set up my LLC in Georgia. It was a very smooth and easy process. I compared them to quite a few other websites I found but I found them to be the cheapest and fastest.”
Is There a Better Deal to Start My LLC?
Yes. There are better options out there such as our highest rated, ZenBusiness.
With Swyft Filings, you have to wade through no less than 11 upsell offers (at the time of this writing) to complete an order for the Basic package. The Registered Agent service is also more expensive than competing services. In addition, some affiliate perks - such as the tax consultation and free web hosting - don’t specify who is actually providing the service. This makes it difficult to determine the value of the offer.
Swyft Filings is a newer LLC service that offers a free accounting consultation and resources at a low price. They let new business owners hit the ground running without paying too much.
Consider an alternative service if you want better customer service and a better overall value.
SWYFT FILINGS: RATING HIGHLIGHTS
We further analyzed what you should keep in mind before choosing Swyft Filings as your LLC service provider. We’ve separated these points into four topics, including value, customer service, ease of use, and included features outlined below.
Customer Service - 1.5/5
There was some inconsistent information given between the chat and phone agents we got in touch with.
The phone agent was able to help us get what we wanted, while the chat agent seemed ready to end the conversation at any moment. We were able to get in touch with a chat agent almost immediately, but waited around five minutes on hold to get in touch with a phone representative.
The Better Business Bureau (BBB) has determined that Swyft Filings fell short of meeting customer expectations in several key areas.
Swyft Filings has lost its BBB accreditation until its business practices have been corrected and reevaluated. This review has been updated to reflect user reports as such.
Included Features - 3.5/5
Swyft Filings provides a customer-focused service offering.
Most customers will find exactly what they need and then some with the Basic and Standard packages. The main benefits of the Premium tier are the free web hosting and quick order turnaround time. Each package is reasonably priced and offers thoughtful benefits for first-time business owners.
Ease of Use - 3.5/5
Swyft Filings really shines through its user dashboard that new customers gain access to.
All of the resources - such as your filing status or compliance alerts - are streamlined in a convenient format. The same can’t be said about its ordering and checkout experience. It took more than 12 pages to accomplish our goal of completing the order and beginning the LLC formation process.
Value - 4.5/5
We really liked how Swyft Filings presented partner offers to help you save on related expenses, depending on your business needs.
This was a creative way to add value to service offerings without having to raise the prices. You can obtain all of your basic LLC formation needs with the Standard package, which is also reasonably priced.
SWYFT FILINGS: PRICING
Like most LLC formation providers, Swyft Filings offers a tiered pricing model. Overall, Swyft Filings' packages are competitively priced, with transparent and honest fee structures. We especially appreciate that Swyft Filings does not mark up state filing fees, a practice that is all too common in the industry.
The lowest cost package (basic) gets your LLC formed. At the middle tier (standard), Swyft Filings will also register an EIN for your LLC and prepare an operating agreement. The standout feature of Swyft Filings’ premium package is a customized website for your new business. At all pricing levels, Swyft Filings lets you add stand-alone features for an additional fee.
Important: Swyft Filings’ registered agent service does not come included with any service package. This service will cost you $149 annually.
Basic Pricing: $49 + State Fees
At first, a few of the basic tier features seemed a little inflated. For example, Swyft Filings will help you “prepare your LLC filing,” “create a statement of organizer,” then “send your filing to the state.” This is explained as three different feature offerings when most other competitors summarize these actions simply as “we will form your LLC.”
There are a few exciting features to keep your eye on though. The free domain name is valuable.. These sort of deals are left out of basic packages that competitors sell. They also offer a free 30-minute business tax consultation to help you be prepared for when Uncle Sam shows up to collect.
In the basic package, Swyft Filings will:
- Verify availability for your company name
- Prepare Articles of Organization
- File your LLC formation paperwork with Secretary of State
- Draft a Statement of the Organizer for free
- This document serves as a “bridge” or paper trail that declares the company member(s) as the LLC owners and not the person filing the LLC paperwork
- Online Access to Your Incorporation Documents
- Lifetime Customer Support (Phone & Email)
- Provide a free 30 Minute Business Tax Consultation
- Provided by 1-800-accountant, (we had to ask a representative to find this out)
- Includes live consultation with a national accounting firm and webinar
- Covers topics such as “how to pay yourself the correct way” and “commonly missed deductions”
- Provide important filing reminders via their ComplianceGuard Company Alerts
- Register a domain name for your company
- You may need to sign up for a free trial with a website builder to redeem this offer
- $200 Bank Bonus Offer from Bank of America
- Eligibility requires that you haven’t previously signed for a business checking account within 6 months prior
- Must have at least $1,000 in “Qualifying Deposits” per month. Just transferring money from one account into the new business account doesn’t qualify
- 1st Class Shipping and Handling via USPS in 4-5 business days - ($25 for FedEx 1-2 business day delivery)
- Standard State filing speed - (Cost of Express State Filing time varies)
Who should purchase the Basic Package?
The Basic package offers a ton of value for business owners who are starting from scratch. If you can wait a week to form your LLC, the turnaround time is perfectly reasonable. Buy the Basic tier if you’re looking for a great balance between cost and the value of features included with your LLC formation.
Standard - $149 + State Fees
The standard package includes each of the features available through the basic tier, plus:
- Registration for Federal Tax ID (EIN) - (a $70 value)
- You will need an EIN of your LLC has multiple members or if you will be hiring employees
- Custom LLC Operating Agreement - (a $35 value)
- Required in some states
- Commonly required by banks to open business checking and savings accounts
- Custom LLC Banking Resolution - (a $30 value)
- Required by some banks to create a business bank account
- Custom Organizational Minutes - (a $25 value)
- Intended to help facilitate a company’s very first “Organizational Meeting.”
- Template covers the most commonly needed discussion topics and self-adjusts to pertain to your specific business
Who should purchase the Standard Package?
If you’re looking to obtain the absolute essentials for your LLC formation - plus a few bells and whistles - the Standard will have what you need at a fair value. This is even truer if you plan on serving as your own Registered Agent, which will save you some money.
Premium - $299 + State Fees
The Premium package includes each feature mentioned in the previous tiers, plus:
- Electronic Delivery of state Documents - ($20 value)
- Customized Digital LLC Kit - ($99 value)
- Includes digital seal graphic (not the metal seal stamp), 20 stock certificates, and an Ownership Ledger with your company name printed on it. The Ownership Ledger helps keep track of shareholders.
- Free Business Website and Web Hosting - (Premium Only, not available separately)
- Free website and 3 months of web hosting ($400 value)
- Note: it isn’t stated in the pricing table which service provider is actually offering this perk. This makes it difficult to verify the value of the offer to make an informed decision.
- Express Filing speed included - (varies by state, normally more expensive)
- FedEx Shipping with tracking # (1-2 business days) - ($25 value)
Who should purchase the Premium Package?
If you already have a plan for managing your online presence, this is where the Premium package shines. You might also opt for this plan if you’re under a time crunch to form your LLC.