SKIP AHEAD TO
INCFILE: KEY CONSIDERATIONS
Headquartered in Houston, Texas, Incfile has helped form more than 75,000 businesses since 2004. The company has established a reputation for providing high-quality service for a lower cost than the competition.
We’ll explore whether Incfile is a good deal, if there’s a better deal out there, and the experiences of other customers using the service.
Is It a Good Deal?
Yes, Incfile sets itself apart based on the free premium services available in its entry-level packages. This includes features other competitors charge more than $150 for, such as:
- Free registered agent service for one full year
- Free basic business formation (with the exception of state fees)
- Email reminders about ongoing compliance requirements for your LLC
- Formation documents saved securely online
- Free shipping
Here is a quick list of Incfile’s main advantages:
- Low prices and excellent customer value
- Fast and easy checkout process; complete your order in under 10 minutes.
- Quick order turnaround; Incfile files your LLC documents within 1 business day
- No hidden fees or automatic service renewals
Who Uses Incfile?
Incfile is used by entrepreneurs who:
- Want premium level service and support on a smart budget
- Have the desire to create their LLC fast and without paying a significant premium
- Want ongoing alerts and reminders about upcoming filings deadlines
Here are some verified reviews (from Better Business Bureau's website) by people who used Incfile to help launch their businesses:
“I have used several corporation filing/registered agent services over the years, and Incfile was by far the best. Customer service was excellent - Deziree' answered all of my questions promptly, and the entire process was very easy. They also had among the lowest prices for LLC formation, registered agency and a mailing address. I highly recommend Incfile.”
“They answer every question in NO TIME. They consult you (for free, of course) with every business matter there is. They will probably find a solution to each and every one of your business related problems. All of this in absolutely no time.”
“I filed for an LLC with Incfile.com. I ordered the package that provided the Articles of Organization, Operating Agreement, EIN, and Banking Resolution. I emailed them throughout the process and they were very helpful. I would definitely recommend them for someone starting a new business. Very easy to use.”
Is There a Better Deal to Start My LLC?
Not really, but Incfile doesn’t carry as much brand power as competitors like LegalZoom if you prefer to go with a more well-known brand. However, there is only a limited range of add-on legal services and you’re unable to form a professional limited liability company (PLLC). It may also take a couple of tries to get a hold of a customer support agent.
However, we still recommend choosing Incfile to form your LLC because they offer essential LLC formation features, like operating agreement templates and EIN registration, for customers at a better price than other services.
Incfile is an excellent option if you are working with a limited budget. Their most basic package (Silver), which is free with the exception of state fees, is a great deal. They also include a lot of added features, like one year of free registered agent service and free LLC compliance reminders.
Learn how to cost-effectively start your LLC on our How to Save Money Forming Your LLC page.
Structuring your business as a limited liability company (LLC) ensures your personal assets are protected in the event your business is sued.
Incfile ($0 + State Fees)
INCFILE: RATING HIGHLIGHTS
Value - 4.5/5
Comparing the total cost with what you get, Incfile offers great value.
None of the tiers seem bloated with unessential features - as is the case with a few competitors. Many of the basic and standard packages include services other providers include at a cost. However, they do not offer an Operating Agreement in their basic package.
Customer Service - 4/5
The only unmet expectation was the amount of effort it took to get in touch with customer service.
During our trial run of their service, it took a few calls for a representative to pick up the phone. Otherwise, Incfile processed the order fast and without issue. After getting in touch, Incfile customer support was professional, knowledgeable, and responsive.
Ease of Use - 4.5/5
The order process took no longer than 10-15 minutes.
It helps to prepare by having all your necessary business information at the ready. Don't have enough time to complete the order in one sitting? Incfile saves your progress, which you can pick back up later when it's more convenient. However, the process isn't as straightforward as other services, such as ZenBusiness.
Included Features - 4.5/5
Incfile ships your paper copies and other ordered items together.
This happens once the LLC formation processes through your state. And after purchasing, you can log onto the Incfile website to check on the status of your order. The dashboard acts as a central repository for important documents that the user can access at any time. From the client dashboard, customers can:
- View and download digital copies of your documents
- Check on upcoming filing deadlines
- Obtain company information
Similar to most other LLC formation services, Incfle offers multiple tiers of service: Silver, Gold, and Platinum. All three Incfile packages offer exceptional value. We break down the differences between each below.
Incfile Silver: $0 + State Fees
Short of filing your own LLC, Incfile Silver offers unbeatable value at $0; this doesn't include government fees, of course. Competitors charge $50 to $100 more to form your LLC.
Incfile Silver comes with some great extra features:
- One full year of registered agent services
- Lifetime company compliance alerts
- Next day order processing
- Business website
- Business Tax Consultation
Who should purchase Incfile Silver?
Competing service providers charge hundreds of dollars extra for these services and benefits. Incfile Silver will appeal to customers who want to file their LLCs fast and at the most minimal cost. This package is all you need if you don't mind putting in a little time for other necessities like creating an Operating Agreement and registering for an Employer Identification Number (EIN).
Incfile Gold: $149 + State Fees
Incfile’s mid-tier package starts at $149 - $100 more than Silver.
Gold includes all the services featured in the Silver package, plus:
- Gold LLC Kit including:
- Professional binder - for organizing important company documents
- Metal die-cast corporate embossing seal - marks documents for a more official appearance
- Contract Library - access to 25+ legal document templates written by business attorneys
- Employee Identification Number (EIN) - needed to open a bank account and file taxes. This service costs $70 extra if purchased separately.
- Operating Agreement - required in some states. This document sets out the ownership rights, duties, and operating procedures for the business. This service costs $40 extra if purchased separately.
- Banking Resolution - authorizes who opens and can use bank accounts and credit lines. This service costs $35 extra if purchased separately.
- Preparation and Filing of IRS Form 2553.
- Express Shipping-This option uses express shipping to deliver completed documents within 1 - 3 business days.
Who should purchase Incfile Gold?
Go with Incfile Gold if you're worried about making mistakes outside of filing the LLC papers. Especially if you'd prefer someone else handles the EIN registration for you. The Operating Agreement and Banking Resolution documents are worthwhile for new business owners. Otherwise, you can save money with the Silver package and buy the forms you need à la carte.
Incfile Platinum: $249 + State Fees
Incfile’s premium package starts at $249, $100 more than Incfile’s Silver package.
Incfile Platinum includes all the services and features in the previous tiers, plus:
- Custom Website and Domain - design and hosting by Snapweb, an Incfile partner.
- FedEx 2-3 Day Shipping - rush delivery for LLC formation paperwork and other documents
- Platinum LLC Kit- similar to the Gold LLC Kit, with the addition of a die-cast corporate embossing seal.
Who should purchase Incfile Platinum?
Incfile Platinum may represent a good value if you want the LLC kit and expedited shipping. If you need a website, the included web design and hosting services are invaluable. These extra perks come at a premium but are otherwise an effective way to get up and running fast.