Best Registered Agent Services Online
There are dozens of online service providers that will act as your professional registered agent for a fee. We set out to find the best one by thoroughly researching five of the most popular providers: LegalZoom, Rocket Lawyer, Northwest, Incfile, and ZenBusiness.
- ZenBusiness ($99/yr) is the best registered agent service for small business because of its affordability and high-quality features.
- Northwest ($125/yr) is one of our honorable mentions because of its affordability and quick, easy checkout process.
- Incfile ($119/yr) is one of our honorable mentions because of the free premium services available in its entry-level packages.
- Rocket Lawyer ($149.99/yr) is best if you need ongoing legal services because in addition to a full year of registered agent service, they offer access to legal documents, support from lawyers, and more.
- LegalZoom ($299/yr) is the most well-known service because of how long they have been in business and how many customers they’ve had.
ZenBusiness is the best registered agent service based on overall quality. The company provides features like a full year of included registered agent service with LLC formation. If you just need registered agent services, ZenBusiness offers an unbeatable price of $99 per year. The combination of great customer service, competitive pricing, and straightforward plans makes ZenBusiness an overall great choice.
LegalZoom is one of the most recognized service providers. If you prefer to use a company with strong brand recognition and are willing to pay significantly more, consider choosing LegalZoom. Just remember that you can find better options for less money.
Choosing the best registered agent service for your small business comes down to three things:
- Type of business you have
- Needs of your business
- Additional services you may want for your business
Continue reading our full review of the top registered agent services online below. You'll find more information about ZenBusiness, as well as honorable mentions and the benefits of using a professional registered agent service when you form a business.
We chose ZenBusiness as the best registered agent service because of the company's great customer support and excellent value.
- One year of included registered agent services with all limited liability company (LLC) formation packages
- Registered agent services starting at $99
ZenBusiness not only includes a year of registered agent services with its LLC formation packages but also offers exceptional value thereafter by protecting your business and privacy for $119 a year. Again, if you are not forming an LLC and just seeking registered agent services, the company offers an incredible deal of $99 a year.
ZenBusiness customer reviews highlight the company’s ability to provide speedy support and create a high degree of customer satisfaction.
You also can upgrade to the ZenBusiness “complete” registered agent services, which adds a worry-free compliance guarantee. This guarantee includes:
- Annual filing report alerts
- Documents submitted on your behalf (you’ll only be responsible for state fees)
- Two free changes to your filings per year (state filing fees may still apply)
- Coverage of the costs required to regain good standing if your company should miss a deadline or state requirement
2. Northwest Registered Agent
Northwest Registered Agent is well known for its exceptional customer service and knowledgeable staff. They locally scan every document you receive. Most registered agent services only scan certain documents like legal summons.
- Registered agent services
- Business data protection
- Compliance calendar
- Unlimited cloud storage
If you choose Northwest as your registered agent service, you'll also receive an online account so you can easily access important business documents and forms. Their site is simple to navigate, and you can receive extra support through their online tools and helpful business experts.
Honorable Mention: Northwest Registered Agent
Northwest provides elite customer service from knowledgeable professionals. Get business attorney level service at a cost any business can afford.
Incfile is a great choice on a lower budget. They have served over 150,000 customers since 2004 and their Learning Center is full of helpful information for business owners.
- One free year of registered agent services with LLC formation
- $119 annual fee after the first year
Incfile also provides a convenient registered agent dashboard, which allows you to track and instantly access important business documents. In addition, the company sends email and SMS notifications so you can stay updated on the status of your documents.
4. Rocket Lawyer
Rocket Lawyer has provided services to over 800,000 businesses. For business owners who anticipate needing legal help, their legal services plans can include registered agent services for free for the first year.
- A 25 percent discount with a premium subscription
- $149.99 annual fee for non-members
Rocket Lawyer is known for providing high-quality legal services, help, and advice for business owners and entrepreneurs. The company is incredibly experienced with a large amount of customers. Rocket Lawyer also promises a 100% satisfaction guarantee with their registered agent services.
Exclusive Deal: Need affordable incorporation, registered agent, and legal services? TRUiC partnered with Rocket Lawyer to offer our users a discounted price of $349.99 + State Fees (Regularly $649.97 + State Fees)! Learn more about the New Business Bundle, which includes a year of registered agent services.
LegalZoom has high brand awareness, higher pricing, and a strong foothold in the registered agent services industry.
- $159 annually with LLC formation
- $299 annually
LegalZoom's registered agent services include features such as business data protection, a compliance calendar, and unlimited cloud storage. Although their prices are higher than the competition, you may feel more comfortable choosing their service since they have more experience and brand recognition.
Benefits of Using Registered Agent Services
A registered agent acts as your business’s main point of contact with the state by accepting and sending legal documents. While it’s possible to serve as your own registered agent, there are several benefits of hiring a registered agent service:
- Compliance. Your registered agent service will help your business stay on top of state requirements.
- Peace of Mind. With a registered agent service, you can focus your time, energy, and attention on growing your business.
- Flexibility. A registered agent service will enable you to choose your own business hours instead of having to make yourself available between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. every weekday.
- Privacy. The public record will list your registered agent service’s address — not your personal or office address.
Explore Individual Reviews
Learn About Registered Agents in Your State
Each state has their own specific rules for registered agents. Use our state-specific guides below to learn more about registered agents in your state:
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- Washington D.C.
- West Virginia