How to Name an Exercise Clothing Store
The market for fitness clothing and accessories is on the rise, and starting your own company allows you the freedom to create a brand that aligns with your personal vision and values. Coming up with the right name can help to attract customers and stand out in a competitive industry.
When it comes to exercise clothing store business names, it's essential to choose a name that is memorable, easy to pronounce and spell, and communicates the essence of your brand. The name should be relevant to the products you'll be selling and the customers you'll be serving.
Use our free business name generator above to discover an array of exercise clothing store business name ideas, or continue reading our quick guide to learn how to name your company.
TRUiC is a privacy-focused company. TRUiC's business name generator protects your personal information so that your searches remain private.
Step #1: Determine Goals for Your Exercise Clothing Store
Your business’s name is the very first connection you will make with prospective customers. It’s important that you define your organization’s mission, vision, values, and target audience as much as possible.
Before naming your exercise clothing store venture, ensure that you fully understand exactly how you will run your company. Familiarize yourself with the industry and determine what it takes to start a successful business by conducting thorough research.
Here are a few factors to keep in mind when launching and naming an exercise clothing store:
- An exercise clothing store focuses on selling various brands of clothing designed for exercise and athletic activities.
- Some clothing will be exercise specific, custom fit, or a recognizable name brand.
- Customers who choose these stores are often searching for unique or professional options, other than what may be found in department store selections.
- For individuals with an eye for style, function, and form, an exercise clothing store may be the perfect fit.
- If such an eye for detail is coupled with the owner’s participation in sports and exercise, the customer benefits greatly.
- Being able to understand what each customer needs, based on their exercise goals and body type is paramount for success.
- Your target audience is anyone involved in exercise or athletic events who wishes to shop and buy a bit more from clothing specific retailers.
Step #2: Begin Brainstorming
We’ve shared some brainstorming techniques that you can use to get your creative juices flowing.
- Jot down some specific keywords for your exercise clothing store business name. Here are a few examples:
- Think of adjectives that would describe your exercise clothing store and the types of products offered to derive inspiration. Here are some examples:
- Experiment with other branding and brainstorming techniques.
Recommended: Once you have your name, create a logo with our free Logo Generator. To learn about other small business ideas, read our guide.
Exercise Clothing Store Business Name Ideas
We’ve used general brainstorming techniques to share several creative and catchy business name ideas for an exercise clothing store company.
Creative Approaches to Naming an Exercise Clothing Store
The following are helpful tips to help you find a unique business name that is relevant to you and/or your industry:
Capitalize on Business Location
The name of your city is one great way to brand your business. You can also think of nicknames that define what your city or state is well known for.
Connecting Through Emotion
Words that evoke a certain emotion, reminders of personal experiences, and travel memories may be good for branding.
Pun Fun, Word Combination, and Alliteration
Make brainstorming fun by creating puns, combining two relevant words and/or concepts, or by using same letter and sound repetition.
Short and Sweet
Oftentimes, simply using one word for a business name can be more powerful and engaging for clients/customers. Carefully consider your brand and brainstorm adjectives and synonyms that describe your business idea. For instance, if you own an exercise clothing store, ask yourself how you would describe what you’re offering (e.g., apparel, accesories, shoes, etc.). Consider how you want your customers to feel (fit, prepared, confident, etc.), and so on.
Naming your business can be as easy as just using your own name. You can also incorporate celebrity names, public figures, or friends and family members.
Step #3: Use Our Business Name Generator
Use our free business name generator tool by following the 3 simple steps: Search, select, and get the perfect domain name!
Filter results by location, industry, and domain name to produce more customized brand names for your company.
Step #4: Register Your Exercise Clothing Store Business Name
Visit our business name search page to see if your desired brandable business name is available in your state.
Steps After Naming Your Exercise Clothing Store
There are some steps you can take to successfully establish brand recognition and credibility for your company.
- Choose a business structure. Formally structuring a business (e.g., LLC, corporation, etc.) reduces liability. We recommend checking out the Top LLC Formation Services.
- Design a logo for your exercise clothing store business. Creating a logo is vital for increasing brand awareness, and there are several logo maker tools available to help you design a unique one. Use our exercise clothing store business logo generator to simplify the process.
- Make a website for your exercise clothing store business. Website builders like GoDaddy make the process simple and quick. Check out our Best Website Builder article.
- Use our QR Code Generator. Our QR code tool allows you to create virtual business cards (vCards), market your company, and share your new website with customers.