How to Name a Record Label Business
Ready to find a record label business name for your new venture? Naming a business is one of the most important steps for an entrepreneur — the business name should clearly identify what your record label offers. You can begin by using our free business name generator above to discover an array of record label business name ideas, or continue reading our quick guide to learn how to name your record label business. If you’re ready to start your business, we also recommend reading our comprehensive guide on how to start a record label.
Step #1: Determine goals for your business idea.
How do you want your record label business to be perceived by the public? A business name should be memorable and catchy, relatable to your clients/customers, and set clear expectations relating to products, services, or a general sense of your business.
Step #2: Begin brainstorming.
There are a variety of ways you can brainstorm a business name for your record label; in fact, this part of the naming process can be a lot of fun. We’ve shared some brainstorming techniques that you can use to get your creative juices flowing and inspire you to find the best brand name for your new business.
- Jot down a list of specific keywords for your record label business name.
- Visualize the type of business you are trying to create and everything that comes along with a record label to bring life to this business idea.
- Think of adjectives that would describe your record label and the types of products offered to derive inspiration.
- Experiment with other branding and brainstorming techniques.
Record Label Business Name Ideas
We’ve used the general brainstorming techniques mentioned above to share several creative and catchy business name ideas for a record label. We hope these brand names will inspire you to come up with a few of your own. Check out what we came up with below:
Breakdown of Creative Approaches to Naming a Business
Capitalize on Your Business Location
- Birch Street Records
- Downtown Dallas Records
- Greater Tulsa Recording
- ATX Record Group
- Northwest Music Management
Connecting Through Emotion
We all know that psychology plays a big role in connecting with people and people who feel connected to your business become loyal customers. This is why words that evoke a certain emotion, reminders of personal experiences, and travel memories may be good for business and branding. Incorporating these experiences in a brand name can be a sure way to earn repeat customers for your record label business.
Pun Fun, Word Combination, and Alliteration
Short and Sweet
Oftentimes, simply using one word for a business name can be more powerful and engaging for clients/customers. Carefully consider your brand and brainstorm adjectives and synonyms that describe your business idea. For instance, if you own a record label business, ask yourself how you would describe what you’re offering (e.g. production assistance, album recordings, marketing, etc.). Consider how you want your customers to feel (creative, successful, fulfilled, etc.), and so on.
- Jahir's Music Company
- Victorian Sister Records
- Reed Brothers Records
- Hendrix Record Co.
- Bowie Studio Productions
Step #3: Use our business name generator.
Discover the perfect brand name for your classy record label business by using our free business name generator tool. Simply follow the 3 steps: Search, select, and get the perfect domain name!
Our online business name generator even allows you to further filter your results by location, industry, and domain name to produce more customized, creative, and unique brand names for your record label.
Step #4: Register your business name.
Visit our business name search page to see if your desired brandable record label business name is available in your state. You can also choose the state in which you would like to conduct business, and read our in-depth business name registration guide.
Steps After Naming Your Record Label Business
Once you’ve chosen your creative, classy, and brandable record label business name, make sure you secure a domain name, especially if you want to establish an online business presence. Then, there are a few steps you can take to successfully establish your brand recognition, credibility, and loyalty:
- Choose a business structure for your record label business. Formally structuring a business (e.g., LLC, corporation, etc.) will help reduce liability. We recommend checking out the Top 5 LLC Formation Services.
- Design a logo for your record label business. Creating a logo for your business is vital for increasing brand awareness, and there are several logo maker tools available to help you design a unique logo. Knowing which logo maker will work best for you is a tough choice, so we've reviewed the Top 5 Best Logo Makers of 2021 to help you find the best tool that will work for your small business.
- Make a website for your record label business. Simple drag-and-drop builders like GoDaddy and Wix make the process simple and quick. Check out our Best Website Builder article.