How to Name a Legal Consulting Firm
Ready to open up your legal consulting firm? Before you do, you’re going to need to choose from a variety of brand names and find the one that fits your firm best. Of course, it can be hard to choose, so keep in mind that you’ll want to find a name that describes who you are, what you offer, where you’re located, or other important information about your company.
Consider names like “Smith Legal Consulting Firm” to describe who you are or “Syracuse Legal Consultants” to describe where you’re located. The right legal consulting firm names are easy to remember and guide your customers right to your door. That’s where we can help!
Use our free business name generator above to discover an array of legal consulting firm business name ideas, or continue reading our quick guide to learn how to name your company.
TRUiC is a privacy-focused company. TRUiC's business name generator protects your personal information so that your searches remain private.
Step #1: Determine Goals for Your Legal Consulting Firm
Your business’s name is the very first connection you will make with prospective customers. It’s important that you define your organization’s mission, vision, values, and target audience as much as possible.
Before naming your venture, ensure that you fully understand exactly how you will run your company. Familiarize yourself with the industry and determine what it takes to start a successful business by conducting thorough research.
Here are a few factors to keep in mind when launching and naming a legal consulting firm:
- By acting as a consultant, rather than a traditional legal firm, your company would be able to advise companies’ legal departments and draw up compliance plans that meet local, state, and federal regulatory guidelines.
- You can also advise companies with no legal department, lowering their legal costs.
- This business is ideal for lawyers who want to leave their law firm or break out of the traditional or conventional role of a law firm.
- Preferred clients for this type of venture are large corporations that have a need for outside consulting, cost control, litigation mitigation services, or that want to reduce legal liability and exposure.
Step #2: Begin Brainstorming
We’ve shared some brainstorming techniques that you can use to get your creative juices flowing.
- Jot down some specific keywords for your legal consulting firm business name. Here are a few examples:
- Criminal Defense
- Family law
- Think of adjectives that would describe your legal consulting firm and the types of products offered to derive inspiration. Here are some examples:
- Experiment with other branding and brainstorming techniques.
Recommended: Once you have your name, create a logo with our free Logo Generator. To learn about other small business ideas, read our guide.
Legal Consulting Firm Business Name Ideas
We’ve used general brainstorming techniques to share several creative and catchy business name ideas for a legal consulting firm.
Creative Approaches to Naming a Legal Consulting Firm
The following are helpful tips to help you find a unique business name that is relevant to you and/or your industry:
Capitalize on Business Location
The name of your city is one great way to brand your business. You can also think of nicknames that define what your city or state is well known for.
- Uptown Legal Consultants
- Western Ave Consulting
- Local Legal Centers
- Raleigh Legal Assistance
- Elm Street Consultants
Connecting Through Emotion
Words that evoke a certain emotion, reminders of personal experiences, and travel memories may be good for branding.
Pun Fun, Word Combination, and Alliteration
Make brainstorming fun by creating puns, combining two relevant words and/or concepts, or by using same letter and sound repetition.
Short and Sweet
Oftentimes, simply using one word for a business name can be more powerful and engaging for clients/customers. Carefully consider your brand and brainstorm adjectives and synonyms that describe your business idea. For instance, if you own a legal consulting firm, ask yourself how you would describe what you’re offering (e.g. legal advice, compliance plans, small business consulting, etc.). Consider how you want your customers to feel (satisfied, prepared, knowledgeable, etc.), and so on.
Naming your business can be as easy as just using your own name. You can also incorporate celebrity names, public figures, or friends and family members.
Step #3: Use Our Business Name Generator
Use our free business name generator tool by following the 3 simple steps: Search, select, and get the perfect domain name!
Filter results by location, industry, and domain name to produce more customized brand names for your company.
Step #4: Register Your Legal Consulting Firm Business Name
Visit our business name search page to see if your desired brandable name is available in your state.
Steps After Naming Your Legal Consulting Firm
There are some steps you can take to successfully establish brand recognition and credibility for your venture.
- Choose a business structure. Formally structuring a business (e.g., LLC, corporation, etc.) reduces liability. We recommend checking out the Top LLC Formation Services.
- Design a logo for your legal consulting firm. Creating a logo is vital for increasing brand awareness, and there are several logo maker tools available to help you design a unique one. Use our legal consulting firm logo generator to simplify the process.
- Make a website for your legal consulting firm. Website builders like GoDaddy make the process simple and quick. Check out our Best Website Builder article.
- Use our QR Code Generator. Our QR code tool allows you to create virtual business cards (vCards), market your company, and share your new website with customers.