Best Website Builder
GoDaddy: Best Overall Experience
GoDaddy’s website builder is about as simple and straightforward as you can get. Just answer a few questions and in about five minutes you’ll have a full website for your business.
While you may not get some of the bells and whistles offered by the other website builders, you won’t miss them if you’re a small business owner who doesn’t want to fuss around with your website all day long.
Starting at $6.99 per month (30% discount), GoDaddy is our top-rated website builder for small businesses.
Wix: Great for Creatives
With an intuitive user interface and tons of customization options, Wix makes an excellent choice for anyone who wants a clean, professional website without the fuss of coding or using expensive, imported themes.
All small businesses can benefit from Wix’s market analysis and metrics tools to track their sales data and inventory. Larger companies can work with Wix to develop an Enterprise plan with metrics tailored to their website and specific business needs.
Wix plans start at $14 per month.
Shopify: Best for Ecommerce
Shopify is a favored choice among small business owners not only for its ease of use and affordability, but also because it has lots of room for personalization and offers thoughtful features and metrics. Moreover, Shopify primarily focuses on providing a dedicated ecommerce platform. That means you can trust its customer service team to have extensive experience helping online business owners reach their full potential.
Shopify plans start at $29 per month.
WordPress: Great for Blogs
While it’s technically a content management system (CMS), WordPress still belongs on our list of best website builders because a number of its themes and plug-ins provide advanced, drag-and-drop capabilities.
Of the website builders on this list, WordPress is the least welcoming to new users. However, those who power through, are rewarded with unparalleled customization capabilities. If you’re a blogger or want complete control over every aspect of your website, then WordPress is the right platform for you.
WordPress plans start at $2.95 per month.
1. GoDaddy Website Builder
GoDaddy ranks No. 1 on our list of the best website builders for small businesses. The reason for this is GoDaddy excels at simplicity and speed, two things any LLC or business owner will need in a builder.
When you use GoDaddy for the first time, it’ll ask you a few simple questions about your business.
Based on your answers, GoDaddy will automatically generate a complete website with your business’s name. In less than five minutes, you’ll have a beautiful website — complete with the pages you’ll need to get started.
Obviously, you’ll still need to update the information on your website’s pages to accurately reflect your business’s services or products. But, those changes are minimal.
GoDaddy Website Builder Pros
- Speed: With GoDaddy, you can build a complete website in less than five minutes.
- Simplicity: You don’t need to know anything about website design to create a professional website tailored to your business.
- Effective Marketing Tools: GoDaddy websites include a robust back end that gives you access to some basic, yet powerful marketing tools. These features can help you expand your business’s online presence from just a website to social media platforms, email marketing campaigns, and a Google My Business™ listing.
GoDaddy Website Builder Cons
- Limited Flexibility: For most small businesses, the simplicity of the GoDaddy website builder is a pro, not a con. Businesses that need more flexibility and expandability in their website options, however, may miss the mark with this tool.
- Basic Ecommerce Functionality: While the ecommerce options included may work reasonably well for small online shops, larger stores may want to opt for a dedicated ecommerce platform like Shopify.
- Limited Customization: In order to make its website builder as simple to use as possible, GoDaddy limits some of the layout customization options. This means you’re probably out of luck if you want to move a button five pixels to the right. GoDaddy isn’t designed for perfectionists.
GoDaddy Website Builder - 4.6/5
The GoDaddy website builder is an awesome tool for small business owners looking to quickly create a website. It’s also one of the least expensive options, ranging from only $6.99 per month (30% discount) to $24.99 per month.
Try the GoDaddy Website Builder.
Read our full GoDaddy Website Builder Review.
2. Web.com Website Builder
Web.com offers an ultra-user-friendly, drag-and-drop interface that makes it easy to build a website in a matter of hours without writing a single line of code.
With dozens of highly attractive website templates and outstanding customer service, Web.com is an excellent choice for any small business owner with no previous experience building a website.
Web.com Website Builder Pros
- User-friendly drag-and-drop editor
- Thousands of photos through Unsplash available within the Site Editor
- Dozens of attractive customizable Web.com templates
- Excellent customer service
Web.com Website Builder Cons
- Images can be tricky to edit
- Loading times can be slow
- No free trial
While Web.com is a bit more expensive than some website builders, its intuitive interface, access to thousands of eye-catching royalty-free photos, and impressive SEO offerings make it ideal for beginners who have no web builder experience.
Web.com does not offer a free trial, but plans start at $1.95 for the first thirty days, making it possible to try this website builder out without spending a lot of cash. Plans can be canceled at any time if you are unsatisfied with the service.
Read our full Web.com Website Builder Review.
3. Wix Website Builder
Wix offers a popular, versatile web builder that can meet the needs of just about any LLC or small business. With a true drag-and-drop editor and hundreds of unique themes, Wix makes it easy to create a website that showcases your talents, services, and products.
Wix Website Builder Pros
- Generous Storage Space: Each Wix plan includes plenty of storage capacity to house your website’s images, blog posts, documents, audio and video files, and other data. If you buy a Wix Business & Ecommerce plan, there’s no limit to how many products you can offer in your online store.
- Secure Online Transactions: Every Wix website comes with a secure sockets layer (SSL) certificate, a secure online payment platform, and the ability to add third-party integrations for selling tickets, accepting reservations, and booking classes and events.
- Round-the-Clock Customer Support: Wix has a massive library of help topics, a dedicated customer service team, and priority support for VIP plans. You can rest assured that your website is in the hands of trained staff who want you to succeed.
Wix Website Builder Cons
- Slow Loading Speeds: Many Wix users report losing web traffic due to slow page-loading speeds. Wix continues to work on improving its speed, but this template-heavy platform still lags a bit behind its hypertext markup language (HTML)-based competitors.
- Easy Entrance, Difficult Exit: Wix makes it easy to get a domain and build your website, but Wix sites don’t migrate well to other web hosting providers. If you choose to leave, you may need to use a third-party app to avoid losing valuable information during the data transfer.
- More Basic Metrics: Wix’s business and ecommerce analytics aren’t as robust as those offered by some of its competitors. If you need the most detailed metrics, you’ll have to install and connect Google Analytics™ to your website.
Wix offers plans for websites with and without ecommerce stores, making it a good fit for a wide variety of service and retail-based businesses as well as freelancers, artists, and other solo professionals. It provides an intuitive website-building interface and lots of customization options, but choose carefully because not all Wix templates are compatible with each other.
Wix is affordable and feature-rich with plans starting at $14 per month, making it the website builder of choice for a broad range of industries. If you’re not satisfied, Wix offers a 14-day, money-back guarantee on your first plan purchase.
Wix Website Builder - 4.3/5
Wix is the most popular drag-and-drop website builder on the market. It's not quite as simple as GoDaddy, but it gives you a bit more flexibility if your business needs a more complex website.
Read our full Wix Website Builder Review.
4. Shopify Website Builder
Shopify is an incredibly popular ecommerce website builder, especially for small businesses. It offers hundreds of professional themes, a store full of apps for true customization, and a reliable, SSL-protected online storefront. Shopify plans cover several tiers of service so you can choose one that fits your business and your budget.
Shopify Website Builder Pros
- Unlimited Storage: You get all the room you need for your products, photos, data, and other website information. With Shopify, you also won’t face any restrictions on how many items you can sell in your online store.
- Intuitive Controls: Shopify provides a well-organized, intuitive dashboard for navigating your business’s metrics. It’s also easy to use Shopify’s customization menus for building your website, enabling you to efficiently create and update your site. If you like to work in HTML, you can go beyond Shopify’s available themes by uploading your own or coding new themes directly into your site.
- Integrated Features: Shopify enables you to connect and manage your business’s social media accounts as well as other alternate sales channels right from your dashboard. In addition, you can manage your blog posts directly from the customization menu and/or the main Shopify dashboard.
Shopify Website Builder Cons
- No Autosave Function: Shopify lacks autosave functionality so users must regularly save their work to avoid losing their changes.
- Higher App Costs: Shopify has an app store with thousands of plug-ins to help you create your ideal website, but some have a steep price tag and/or subscription fees.
- Transaction Fees: Unless your customers use the Shopify Payments online payment gateway, Shopify will charge you a transaction fee every time you accept money for your goods.
Given Shopify’s ecommerce focus, you’ll get 24/7 support from a customer service team trained to help you maximize your online business. You also can integrate the Shopify Point-of-Sale (POS) Lite app or other POS systems into your brick-and-mortar stores so all your transactions run on the same software.
Shopify is a favored choice among small business owners not only for its ease of use and affordability, but also because it has lots of room for personalization and offers thoughtful features and metrics.
If you want to try Shopify before committing to a plan, you can get a 14-day, free trial. Shopify’s plans fit the budgets of most small businesses and start at just $29 per month.
Read our full Shopify Website Builder Review.
5. Weebly Website Builder
Launched in 2006, Weebly is one of the most flexible website builders available. It allows you to drag and drop blocks of content where you want instead of limiting you to using predesigned sections. If you have experience with HTML and CSS, you’ll have the option to edit that code in Weebly for further customization. But, even straight out of the box, Weebly can help you create a professional-looking website.
Weebly Website Builder Pros
- Flexible Page Layouts: Most builders limit you to predesigned sections, but Weebly allows you to drag content blocks — such as text, titles, and images — to the area where you want them to appear on your site and drop them there.
- Theme Flexibility: You can switch themes if you decide the original one you chose isn’t working the way you want.
- Huge App Store: You’ve likely heard the saying, “There’s an app for that.” With Weebly, that’s true. The Weebly App Center allows you to easily add functionality to your website.
Weebly Website Builder Cons
- No H1 Headings: H1 headings are important for search engine optimization (SEO) and they don’t come standard with Weebly. But, you can use a free app to add an H1 heading to each page of your site.
- Blah Blogging Capabilities: If your business model focuses on blogging as a way to earn money, look elsewhere. Weebly’s blogging capabilities aren’t robust enough for that. They will, however, suffice for websites that want to publish an occasional blog post.
- No Mobile Editing: Unlike some competitors, Weebly doesn’t have an easy way to change how your website’s content will appear on a smartphone or other mobile device. You’ll have to make edits at the desktop level.
Weebly offers a great platform for small business owners who need a simple website for their business. It’s fast and flexible as well as inexpensive with plans ranging from $6 to $26 per month.
Weebly Website Builder - 3.9/5
Overall, the Weebly website builder doesn't dazzle us. You can create websites with it and it's fairly simple to use, but other tools like GoDaddy or WIX have all that and more.
Read our full Weebly Website Builder Review.
6. Squarespace Website Builder
Squarespace® consistently offers gorgeous templates, making it possible for small businesses to create elegant websites. With the launch of its latest version, Squarespace 7.1, it’s now even easier to create the website of your dreams. By providing multiple features that make it easy to run a local or small business, Squarespace can help you get your brand off the ground.
Squarespace Website Builder Pros
- Ecommerce Functionality: Even though it's not the best ecommerce website builder, there’s no limit to the products you can offer on a Squarespace website. From memberships and digital products to physical items and appointments, Squarespace has features to help your business grow and maintain customer loyalty. But, some of these features come with an added cost.
- Strong Marketing Features: With versatile email marketing campaigns, cross-platform social media features, and access to dynamic analytics, Squarespace excels at providing marketing features designed to help you succeed. Even better, all Squarespace plans include its powerful marketing features and SEO tools.
- Very Customizable: Truly understanding business owners who seek both flexibility and perfection, Squarespace offers hundreds of templates to help them find the one that exactly meets their needs. With its handy “undo” button, you can always reverse any changes you make to your site. Squarespace also has designers you can hire to do the heavy lifting for you.
Squarespace Website Builder Cons
- No Free Plan: Squarespace offers a free, 14-day trial, but absolutely no way to host a website for free. This can pressure you to purchase a premium plan or lose all your work.
- Multiple Versions: With both Squarespace 7.0 as well as the new and improved Squarespace 7.1 operating at the same time, it can prove challenging to troubleshoot issues. Most online material that appears helpful may address a separate version.
- Overwhelming Options: The beauty of Squarespace is that it offers a lot of features. But, all those options can sometimes feel overwhelming. Despite streamlining its customization options, Squarespace still manages to throw so much at you that building your site can seem like a never-ending process.
Squarespace does come with some higher costs and features that may feel overwhelming, but, overall, it still provides a great platform for small businesses. Check out Squarespace’s plans, which start at $12 per month.
Squarespace Website Builder - 3.8/5
Squarespace offers a wide range of website customization options for small businesses, but it may feel overwhelming to use. Unless you have a specific reason to go with Squarespace we would recommend another builder.
Read our full Squarespace Website Builder Review.
7. WordPress Website Builder
WordPress.com offers dozens of attractive, customizable templates at a reasonable price. The platform is especially suited to creating eye-catching blog pages, which can help a small business to attract traffic and create brand awareness.
Websites created with WordPress.com are highly flexible. Templates and pricing plans can be changed at any time as your business grows.
WordPress Website Builder Pros
- Great for Budgets: Free WordPress.com plan available.
- Options are limitless: The level of customization available with open-source, content management system CMS can’t be beaten.
- All-In-One Hosting Solution: The ability to use WordPress software with an all-in-one domain name and website hosting services.
- Wide Range of Plugins: Access to the WordPress Repository, an extensive suite of integrations and plug-ins.
- Tons of Integrations: WordPress.com easily integrates with customer relationship management (CRM) programs like HubSpot and Salesforce, ecommerce tools like Shopify, and more.
WordPress Website Builder Cons
- Steep Learning Curve: Challenging and time-consuming for beginners.
- Limited Free Features: Inability to install your own themes and plugins to your business website without purchasing top-tier WordPress.com plans.
- Can Be Costly: Top-tier plans are expensive, particularly for those accustomed to WordPress being free software.
The WordPress.com design dashboard is not as beginner-friendly as some other platforms, especially since it lacks a native drag-and-drop function. The WordPress.com website builder offers minimal photo editing capabilities, and the free and lower-priced plans only offer support by way of Help docs and the WordPress.com forum.
WordPress.com is an affordable option for building small business websites. There is a free plan that includes the basics, and the paid plans come at competitive prices.
Read our full WordPress.com Website Builder Review
8. Pagecloud Website Builder
Pagecloud users benefit from its ease of use. This drag-and-drop editor offers a wide array of gorgeously-designed templates, while also offering an ultra-intuitive editing dashboard to modify the templates to fit your needs.
The one thing that’s missing is choice — Pagecloud is more limited than other platforms when it comes to the full customization of your business website. Part of this is the natural trade-off of simplicity.
Pagecloud Website Builder Pros
- Simple Website Builder: Pagecloud is ultra-intuitive and easy for even entry-level users — no code knowledge required.
- Budget-Friendly: A range of affordable pricing options — plus, a 14-day free trial.
- Great for Ecommerce: An expansive suite of ecommerce options to choose from to help promote and grow your online store.
- Easy To Get Started: Pagecloud has a wide selection of beautifully-designed templates that can be easily modified to the needs of your business.
Pagecloud Website Builder Cons
- Limited Flexibility: Pagecloud template customizations can feel limited.
- Purchase Necessary: Despite including a free trial, you must purchase a plan to publish your Pagecloud website.
- No Social Media: Inability to embed social feeds within the platform — you must use a third party.
Pagecloud is a great choice for a first-time web designer who doesn’t want to navigate complex software like WordPress but still wants to design a stunning website for their small business. Pagecloud offers all the tools you will need to design a stunning, high-performance website without any hassle.
We recommend the Pagecloud Business plan for most small businesses, which rings in at $29/month when billed annually, creating a savings of $120 a year when billed monthly at $39.
Pagecloud Website Builder – 4.2/5
Pagecloud is a triple threat: it lets you design a gorgeous business website, scores top marks for ease of use, as well as some useful ecommerce features.
Read our full Pagecloud Website Builder Review
9. BigCommerce Website Builder
BigCommerce is a trusted tool for small businesses and large enterprises alike. It offers an unbeatable range of ecommerce functionality to help you create, maintain and grow your small business — or business of any size.
BigCommerce may be expensive for some users — if you don’t intend to do much online business, the price of the plans can be hard to justify as the design software is more limited than less expensive website-building platforms.
BigCommerce Website Builder Pros
- A full suite of intuitive ecommerce features is available.
- Plans with scalable features to adapt to the needs of your business.
- Easy-to-use ecommerce website builder with beginner-friendly tools.
BigCommerce Website Builder Cons
- The selection of pre-made templates is quite limited.
- Some plans may be cost prohibitive for some customers.
- Artificial intelligence (AI) written content is very basic.
One of BigCommerce’s biggest benefits is its extensive ecommerce functionality integrated with its easy-to-use Page Builder software, which employs simple and flexible drag-and-drop technology.
Limited template selection can leave a customer feeling like they’re starting their website from scratch, but an array of editing features still allows for the creation of a customizable, eye-catching website.
Read our full BigCommerce Website Builder Review
10. Zyro Website Builder
Zyro offers a user-friendly editor dashboard, convenient drag-and-drop functionality, and enough visual options to make it a contender in the website-hosting scene.
Zyro doesn’t feature all of the bells and whistles of some of its competitors, but Zyro websites are easy to build and customize at a very affordable rate (although Zyro lacks a free plan). You can design an attractive, fully functional page on Zyro in a single afternoon, even if you have no experience creating websites.
Zyro Website Builder Pros
- The Editor Dashboard is very user-friendly, even for beginners.
- One of the most affordable platforms on the market.
- Artificial intelligence (AI) tools for generating a logo, writing content text, and importing pages.
- Easy access to royalty-free images within the Editor Dashboard.
Zyro Website Builder Cons
- Zyro template customizability is somewhat limited.
- No free plan. You can design a page for free but must subscribe to a paid plan to publish your page.
- AI-written content is very basic.
Zyro is among the easiest platforms to use. The Editor Dashboard interface is highly intuitive, and Zyro provides a reasonably extensive collection of articles and tutorial videos to help navigate the site.
On the other hand, Zyro websites do not offer some of the customization options found on other platforms. Zyro still offers incredible value, considering its features and the low cost of a Zyro plan.
Zyro Website Builder – 4.1/5
Zyro is a simple, user-friendly website creator. You can create a site with this platform in a matter of hours. It also offers some of the lowest pricing on the market.
Read our full Zyro Website Builder Review
11. Duda Website Builder
Duda is so highly intuitive and easy-to-use that entry-level users can quickly get the hang of it without spending too much time learning the program.
Duda also includes plenty of beautifully-made templates, with a wide variety of widgets that you can use to help tailor your business website to meet your needs. Additionally, Duda includes instructive design guidelines with every template, allowing you to construct your website as quickly as possible.
Duda Website Builder Pros
- Duda templates come stocked with a wide variety of widgets you can add to suit your needs, or you can even build your own.
- Duda templates offer attractive designs, so even if you’re not tech-savvy, you can still create a sleek website.
- The Duda website builder keeps things simple by sticking to design guidelines for each template, allowing you to build a website in minutes.
Duda Website Builder Cons
- No Duda free plan. This can get costly quickly, especially if you need to connect ecommerce capabilities to your plan.
- Outside of design features, Duda doesn’t offer much in the way of powerful website features, especially in terms of search engine optimization (SEO).
- If total creative freedom is what you want, Duda may not be for you. Its templates can be clunky and even confusing if you try to push them past their simple limits.
While its lack of a free plan and SEO functionality may turn off some users, it’s still a great option if you’re looking to build a website quickly and affordably.
Plans start at just $14/month when you buy the Duda Basic plan. We recommend the Duda Team plan for most small business owners which rings in at $22/month and includes essential features to get your site up and running. Additionally, the Duda Team plan comes with a 14-day free trial so you can try Duda before you commit.
Duda Website Builder – 3.8/5
Duda is a great option for service-based professionals looking to create a digital touchpoint for their customers without spending too much time, money, or effort designing their website.
Read our full Duda Website Builder Review
12. Simvoly Website Builder
Simvoly offers a highly user-friendly interface and an impressive market funneling tool. Its ecommerce functiolaity is acceptable for building an online store, although not ideal for more extensive inventories. Its search engine optimization (SEO) tools are standard, and websites created on this platform are reasonably flexible.
The process to create a website with Simvoly is fairly straightforward. This drag-and-drop editor makes it easy to add sections, pages, and elements to any part of your business website.
Simvoly Website Builder Pros
- User-friendly interface with drag-and-drop functionality.
- Wide variety of Simvoly templates.
- Comparatively affordable paid plans.
- 14-day money-back guarantee on Simvoly plans.
- Impressive uptime.
Simvoly Website Builder Cons
- No email marketing tool.
- Simvoly does not support photo editing.
- No shipping service integrations.
- Some users report slow response times from customer service.
The Simvoly Business plan is ideal for small businesses that rely heavily on sales funnel marketing. The ecommerce offerings in this plan also make Simvoly an affordable website builder, assuming your company sells under 100 products.
The Simvoly Personal plan costs $24 per month when billed annually for a yearly total of $288. If billed monthly, the rate is $32 per month for a yearly total of $384.
Simvoly Website Builder – 3.8/5
Simvoly is a user-friendly and affordable website-creation platform that provides marketing funnel functionality along with webpage, blog, and ecommerce capabilities.
Read our full Simvoly Website Builder Review
13. Webnode Website Builder
Webnode is a simple, drag-and-drop builder that helps users create a business website without too much time and effort. Adding and removing content and elements is simple and straightforward, and the platform even offers support in 40 languages.
That being said, the platform recently updated and some previous users find these changes not only unnecessary but more difficult to navigate. All things considered, Webnode is a very intuitive platform for beginners who don’t want to spend too much time learning a new program.
Webnode Website Builder Pros
- Simple, drag-and-drop technology.
- Free plan available.
- The free plan is ad-free.
Webnode Website Builder Cons
- Limited customizations.
- Limited ecommerce options.
- Mediocre templates.
Webnode has a little over 100 templates to choose from. Webnode templates can be described as good, but not great. It’s important to note, there’s a lot of variety — some templates are quite well-designed, and others look a bit outdated.
For most small businesses, we recommend the Webnode Standard plan. It not only provides everything the majority of small businesses will need, but also includes an ad-free experience, multiple languages, Google Analytics, and more.
14. Strikingly Website Builder
Strikingly was designed with simplicity in mind. While testing it out, we were pleased with the depth of what it can do, although it will probably take longer than a matter of minutes to get your website running.
The only potential downside is that Strikingly is aimed toward creating single-page websites. This means that most templates are one long page, with a navigation menu at the top that can allow visitors to skip down to certain sections. Some search engines will register that much content on a single page as spam.
Strikingly Website Builder Pros
- Strikingly is a true drag-and-drop editor, making it incredibly easy to use and manage. It’s very user-friendly and doesn’t require any coding skills.
- Strikingly offers some of the most affordable plans out there with quite a lot packed in, even at lower pricing tiers.
- Users can easily swap out templates, allowing for a greater sense of control.
- Strikingly’s support team boasts some of the best reviews. Strikingly’s “Happiness Officers” are quick to respond and efficient with troubleshooting issues.
Strikingly Website Builder Cons
- Strikingly comes up short in the search engine optimization (SEO) department. It’s hard to get a single-page layout to rank well in searches, and those are the bulk of templates available from Strikingly.
- To use some necessary features for a professional website, users must upgrade to the Strikingly Pro plan — a more expensive option.
- Currently, Strikingly is only available in ten languages, and the only way to access this feature is with a Strikingly Pro plan.
After trying out Strikingly, we remain impressed with the tool’s simplicity and ease of use. It’s a great option for almost any small business that needs a website.
We recommend the Strikingly Pro plan for most small businesses, particularly for the ecommerce and advanced features, which make it clear why it’s the most popular option from Strikingly. Allowing for memberships and other ways to connect with visitors, this plan includes quite a bit for under $20 per month.
Strikingly Website Builder – 4.6/5
The simplicity of the Strikingly Website Builder is impressive. If you’re looking to create a website for a local or small business, this is the tool for you.
Read our full Strikingly Website Builder Review
15. Jimdo Website Builder
For those looking to create a simple, effective small business website or build a personal site, Jimdo is a great choice. In this review, Jimdo earns high marks in terms of usability, capabilities, and so much more.
After playing around with the Jimdo for a while, we remain impressed with the tool’s simplicity and ease of use. It’s a great choice for many entrepreneurs that want to get their business websites up and running without too much fanfare.
Jimdo Website Builder Pros
- Jimdo uses artificial intelligence (AI) to get your professional website up and running in a matter of minutes. Along with the simple and intuitive sign-up process, this ensures your website will look good from the start.
- Both the Jimdo web editor and any website you make with it are mobile-ready. This allows for on-the-go editing and you can rest assured that your site will look good on any device at any time.
- The Jimdo free version is one of the best around, allowing you a greater sense of what Jimdo can do.
- If you ever need ecommerce, Jimdo will never take a transaction fee. It’s all your money right from the start.
Jimdo Website Builder Cons
- Even with recent upgrades, the range of features and paid package options still feel limited. Jimdo also has limitations on the apps you can connect with to add extra features to your site.
- Jimdo has recently added a way for users to add code to their sites. However, this makes the sign-up process more complicated, forcing users to choose between either a simple and often constricting no-code version of the editor or an advanced and complicated editor.
- Jimdo websites can only accept payments via PayPal for US ecommerce stores, so if you’re planning on starting an online store, you won’t have a credit card gateway unless you connect Stripe.
- The only customer service option with Jimdo is via email. If you need or prefer a phone call for troubleshooting issues, you may wish to look elsewhere.
Jimdo has minimal tools but what's there is incredibly flexible. This means that Jimdo excels in certain areas and might feel way too limiting elsewhere.
Jimdo specifically caters to individuals looking to rapidly get their business websites up and running. The tools it has in place are for a freelancer strapped for free time or a small business owner who needs things to come together quickly.
Jimdo Website Builder – 3.8/5
Jimdo uses artificial intelligence to develop and create professional websites quickly and easily. If you manage a small business and don’t yet have the resources to hire out a website developer, this tool can be helpful.
Read our full Jimdo Website Builder Review
Overall, the GoDaddy website builder is best for small businesses looking to easily create a professional website.
The simplicity of the GoDaddy website builder can help any small, local business avoid having to hire developers or feel overwhelmed by the website design process. It may not be the flashiest option out there, but GoDaddy’s ease of use and affordability make it our favorite.