How to Name a Project Management Consulting Business
Whether you’re just starting out or looking to rebrand your existing project management consulting company, finding the right name can seem like a daunting task.
This guide will walk you through the process of naming your consulting venture and help ensure you have all the elements in place to make it stand out from the competition. By the end, you should have a great list of potential project management consulting business names from which to choose.
You can also use our free business name generator above to discover an array of project management consulting business name ideas.
TRUiC is a privacy-focused company. TRUiC's business name generator protects your personal information so that your searches remain private.
Step #1: Determine Goals for Your Project Management Consulting Business
Your business’s name is the very first connection you will make with prospective customers. It’s important that you define your organization’s mission, vision, values, and target audience as much as possible.
Before naming your project management consulting venture, ensure that you fully understand exactly how you will run your company. Familiarize yourself with the industry and determine what it takes to start a successful business by conducting thorough research.
Here are a few factors to keep in mind when launching and naming a project management consulting company:
- Managers who have to juggle complex business projects are under a lot of stress. This is why project management consultants are so valuable. They use their expertise within a specific field to help other businesses and firms to develop and manage a project.
- Consultants typically assist upper level management in overseeing a project from its beginning to its completion, providing a "soup to nuts" service that's often very "hands on."
- This business is perfect for seasoned business owners and advisors who have extensive experience in business management, project management, and who perform well under stress.
Step #2: Begin Brainstorming
We’ve shared some brainstorming techniques that you can use to get your creative juices flowing.
- Jot down some specific keywords for your project management consulting business name. Here are a few examples:
- Project Management
- Business Consulting
- Strategic Planning
- Solution Design
- Risk Management
- Resource Management
- Process Optimization
- Project Execution
- Delivery Governance
- Think of adjectives that would describe your project management consulting business and the types of products offered to derive inspiration. Here are some examples:
- Experiment with other branding and brainstorming techniques.
Recommended: Once you have your name, create a logo with our free Logo Generator. To learn about other small business ideas, read our guide.
Project Management Consulting Business Name Ideas
We’ve used general brainstorming techniques to share several creative and catchy business name ideas for a project management consulting company.
Creative Approaches to Naming a Business
The following are helpful tips to help you find a unique business name that is relevant to you and/or your industry:
Capitalize on Business Location
The name of your city is one great way to brand your business. You can also think of nicknames that define what your city or state is well known for.
- Sixth Street Consultants
- LA Project Associates
- Uptown Project Management
- LA Management Consultants
- Raleigh Project Managers
Connecting Through Emotion
Words that evoke a certain emotion, reminders of personal experiences, and travel memories may be good for branding.
Pun Fun, Word Combination, and Alliteration
Make brainstorming fun by creating puns, combining two relevant words and/or concepts, or by using same letter and sound repetition.
Short and Sweet
Oftentimes, simply using one word for a business name can be more powerful and engaging for clients/customers. Carefully consider your brand and brainstorm adjectives and synonyms that describe your business idea. For instance, if you own a project management consulting business, ask yourself how you would describe what you’re offering (e.g. hands-on project planning, strategizing, organization, etc.). Consider how you want your customers to feel (satisfied, prepared, successful, etc.), and so on.
Naming your business can be as easy as just using your own name. You can also incorporate names of friends and family members.
Step #3: Use Our Business Name Generator
Discover the perfect brand name for your project management consulting business by using our free business name generator tool. Simply follow the 3 steps: Search, select, and get the perfect domain name!
Filter results by location, industry, and domain name to produce more customized brand names for your venture
Step #4: Register Your Project Management Consulting Business Name
Visit our business name search page to see if your desired brandable business name is available in your state.
Steps After Naming Your Project Management Consulting Business
There are some steps you can take to successfully establish brand recognition and credibility for your venture.
- Choose a business structure. Formally structuring a business (e.g., LLC, corporation, etc.) reduces liability. We recommend checking out the Top LLC Formation Services.
- Design a logo for your project management consulting business. Creating a logo is vital for increasing brand awareness, and there are several logo maker tools available to help you design a unique one. Use our project management consulting business logo generator to simplify the process.
- Make a website for your project management consulting business. Website builders like GoDaddy make the process simple and quick. Check out our Best Website Builder article.
- Use our QR Code Generator. Our QR code tool allows you to create virtual business cards (vCards), market your company, and share your new website with customers.