How to Name a Transcription Business
Transcription services are essential for individuals and organizations seeking to convert spoken words into written text for various purposes — from legal documentation and research to media production. Good transcription business names should convey a sense of accuracy, efficiency, and attention to detail in order to establish trust and credibility with potential clients.
Use our free business name generator above to discover an array of transcription business name ideas, or continue reading our quick guide to learn how to name your company.
TRUiC is a privacy-focused company. TRUiC's business name generator protects your personal information so that your searches remain private.
Step #1: Determine Goals for Your Transcription Business
Your business’s name is the very first connection you will make with prospective customers. It’s important that you define your organization’s mission, vision, values, and target audience as much as possible.
Before naming your transcription venture, ensure that you fully understand exactly how you will run your company. Familiarize yourself with the industry and determine what it takes to start a successful business by conducting thorough research.
Here are a few factors to keep in mind when launching and naming a transcription company:
- Transcripts are necessary in fields such as law, medicine, and business. The nature of the work means that it is manageable with limited time, as one can easily start doing it in their spare time or as a part-time job before undertaking it as a full-time endeavor.
- This venture is great for those who like to work at their own schedule and pace.
- The job is also ideal for those who type fast and are comfortable using computers and other related software and technology.
- One of the benefits of a transcription business is its variable clientele. Depending on your area and any fields that you may specialize in, your ideal customer types will vary.
Step #2: Begin Brainstorming
We’ve shared some brainstorming techniques that you can use to get your creative juices flowing.
- Jot down some specific keywords for your transcription business name. Here are a few examples:
- Think of adjectives that would describe your transcription business and the types of products offered to derive inspiration. Here are some examples:
- Experiment with other branding and brainstorming techniques.
Recommended: Once you have your name, create a logo with our free Logo Generator. To learn about other small business ideas, read our guide.
Transcription Business Name Ideas
We’ve used general brainstorming techniques to share several creative and catchy business name ideas for a transcription company.
Creative Approaches to Naming a Transcription Business
The following are helpful tips to help you find a unique business name that is relevant to you and/or your industry:
Capitalize on Business Location
The name of your city is one great way to brand your business. You can also think of nicknames that define what your city or state is well known for.
- Tacoma Transcription
- Seattle Speech Services
- Arizona Accuracy Transcription
- Transcribed in Tulsa
- The Sydney Scribes
Connecting Through Emotion
Words that evoke a certain emotion, reminders of personal experiences, and travel memories may be good for branding.
Pun Fun, Word Combination, and Alliteration
Make brainstorming fun by creating puns, combining two relevant words and/or concepts, or by using same letter and sound repetition.
Short and Sweet
Oftentimes, simply using one word for a business name can be more powerful and engaging for clients/customers. Carefully consider your brand and brainstorm adjectives and synonyms that describe your business idea. For instance, if you own a transcription business, ask yourself how you would describe what you’re offering (e.g., video transcription, shorthand, live captioning, etc.). Consider how you want your customers to feel (pleased, prepared, well-represented, etc.), and so on.
Naming your business can be as easy as just using your own name. You can also incorporate celebrity names, public figures, or friends and family members.
Step #3: Use Our Business Name Generator
Use our free business name generator tool by following the 3 simple steps: Search, select, and get the perfect domain name!
Filter results by location, industry, and domain name to produce more customized brand names for your company.
Step #4: Register Your Transcription Business Name
Visit our business name search page to see if your desired brandable name is available in your state.
Steps After Naming Your Transcription Business
There are some steps you can take to successfully establish brand recognition and credibility for your venture.
- Choose a business structure. Formally structuring a business (e.g., LLC, corporation, etc.) reduces liability. We recommend checking out the Top LLC Formation Services.
- Design a logo for your transcription business. Creating a logo is vital for increasing brand awareness, and there are several logo maker tools available to help you design a unique one. Use our transcription business logo generator to simplify the process.
- Make a website for your transcription business. Website builders like GoDaddy make the process simple and quick. Check out our Best Website Builder article.
- Use our QR Code Generator. Our QR code tool allows you to create virtual business cards (vCards), market your company, and share your new website with customers.