How to Name a Voice-Over Service
A voice-over service provides a crucial element for a variety of media projects, including films, TV shows, commercials, video games, and more. A good voice-over can add a professional touch to any project by enhancing the narration, adding character voices, or providing additional information to the audience. When starting this venture, choosing the right name is important for creating a brand that conveys professionalism and expertise in the field. Additionally, great voice-over service names should convey a sense of creativity or versatility and showcase the wide range of services offered by the business.
Use our free business name generator above to discover an array of voice-over service business name ideas, or continue reading our quick guide to learn how to name your company.
TRUiC is a privacy-focused company. TRUiC's business name generator protects your personal information so that your searches remain private.
Step #1: Determine Goals for Your Voice-Over Service
Your business’s name is the very first connection you will make with prospective customers. It’s important that you define your organization’s mission, vision, values, and target audience as much as possible.
Before naming your venture, ensure that you fully understand exactly how you will run your company. Familiarize yourself with the industry and determine what it takes to start a successful business by conducting thorough research.
Here are a few factors to keep in mind when launching and naming a voice-over service:
- Your clients may need voice-over work for many different things. These include movies of varying lengths, presentations, video games, and various other services.
- The ability to operate the business fully online if you so choose makes this an attractive business with potentially very low investment and overhead.
- It's no surprise that a voice-over company is ideal for those who are naturally good speakers. This may include people who have experience giving prepared lectures (such as teachers) as well as people who often have leadership roles in their work environment.
- Despite the possible diversity of your work, your best clients will likely be mid- to large-sized businesses.
Step #2: Begin Brainstorming
We’ve shared some brainstorming techniques that you can use to get your creative juices flowing.
- Jot down some specific keywords for your voice-over service business name. Here are a few examples:
- Think of adjectives that would describe your voice-over service and the types of products offered to derive inspiration. Here are some examples:
- Experiment with other branding and brainstorming techniques.
Recommended: Once you have your name, create a logo with our free Logo Generator. To learn about other small business ideas, read our guide.
Voice-Over Service Business Name Ideas
We’ve used general brainstorming techniques to share several creative and catchy business name ideas for a voice-over service.
Creative Approaches to Naming a Voice-Over Service
The following are helpful tips to help you find a unique business name that is relevant to you and/or your industry:
Capitalize on Business Location
The name of your city is one great way to brand your business. You can also think of nicknames that define what your city or state is well known for.
Connecting Through Emotion
Words that evoke a certain emotion, reminders of personal experiences, and travel memories may be good for branding.
Pun Fun, Word Combination, and Alliteration
Make brainstorming fun by creating puns, combining two relevant words and/or concepts, or by using same letter and sound repetition.
Short and Sweet
Oftentimes, simply using one word for a business name can be more powerful and engaging for clients/customers. Carefully consider your brand and brainstorm adjectives and synonyms that describe your business idea. For instance, if you own a voice-over service, ask yourself how you would describe what you’re offering (e.g., quick, top talent, comprehensive, etc.). Consider how you want your customers to feel (heard, pleased, involved, etc.), and so on.
Naming your business can be as easy as just using your own name. You can also incorporate celebrity names, public figures, or friends and family members.
Step #3: Use Our Business Name Generator
Discover the perfect brand name for your venture by using our free business name generator tool. Simply follow the 3 steps: Search, select, and get the perfect domain name!
Filter results by location, industry, and domain name to produce more customized brand names for your company.
Step #4: Register Your Voice-Over Service Business Name
Visit our business name search page to see if your desired brandable name is available in your state.
Steps After Naming Your Voice-Over Service
There are some steps you can take to successfully establish brand recognition and credibility for your venture.
- Choose a business structure. Formally structuring a business (e.g., LLC, corporation, etc.) reduces liability. We recommend checking out the Top LLC Formation Services.
- Design a logo for your voice-over service. Creating a logo is vital for increasing brand awareness, and there are several logo maker tools available to help you design a unique one. Use our voice-over service business logo generator to simplify the process.
- Make a website for your voice-over service. Website builders like GoDaddy make the process simple and quick. Check out our Best Website Builder article.
- Use our QR Code Generator. Our QR code tool allows you to create virtual business cards (vCards), market your company, and share your new website with customers.