How to Name a Bank
As with any company in the financial industry, naming a bank is a crucial decision. It’s important to choose a name that reflects your bank’s mission, values, and services. When brainstorming bank business names, think about how to differentiate your bank from competitors, build trust with clients, and create a strong brand identity.
Use our free business name generator above to discover an array of bank business name ideas, or continue reading our quick guide to learn how to name your company.
TRUiC is a privacy-focused company. TRUiC's business name generator protects your personal information so that your searches remain private.
Step #1: Determine Goals for Your Bank
Your business’s name is the very first connection you will make with prospective customers. It’s important that you define your organization’s mission, vision, values, and target audience as much as possible.
Before naming your venture, ensure that you fully understand exactly how you will run your company. Familiarize yourself with the industry and determine what it takes to start a successful business by conducting thorough research.
Here are a few factors to keep in mind when launching and naming a bank:
- Banks take in deposits from depositors and then lend that money out to other people and businesses.
- Banks provide a vital function in the economy. Namely, liquidity. They allow individuals and businesses to pay for goods and services, investments, and assets that they otherwise would not be able to afford.
- Owning a bank requires intimate knowledge of the banking industry and regulatory structure of the financial services industry.
- Preferred customers are both individuals and businesses.
Step #2: Begin Brainstorming
We’ve shared some brainstorming techniques that you can use to get your creative juices flowing.
- Jot down some specific keywords for your bank business name. Here are a few examples:
- Think of adjectives that would describe your bank and the types of products offered to derive inspiration. Here are some examples:
- Experiment with other branding and brainstorming techniques.
Recommended: Once you have your name, create a logo with our free Logo Generator. To learn about other small business ideas, read our guide.
Bank Business Name Ideas
We’ve used general brainstorming techniques to share several creative and catchy business name ideas for a bank.
Creative Approaches to Naming a Bank
The following are helpful tips to help you find a unique business name that is relevant to you and/or your industry:
Capitalize on Business Location
The name of your city is one great way to brand your business. You can also think of nicknames that define what your city or state is well known for.
- Uptown Credit Union
- Main St. Lenders
- High Street Fiduciary
- Downtown Financial Banking
- Town Center Banking
Connecting Through Emotion
Words that evoke a certain emotion, reminders of personal experiences, and travel memories may be good for branding.
Pun Fun, Word Combination, and Alliteration
Make brainstorming fun by creating puns, combining two relevant words and/or concepts, or by using same letter and sound repetition.
Short and Sweet
Oftentimes, simply using one word for a business name can be more powerful and engaging for clients/customers. Carefully consider your brand and brainstorm adjectives and synonyms that describe your business idea. For instance, if you own a bank, ask yourself how you would describe what you’re offering (e.g. business loans, money withdrawals/deposits, home loans, etc.). Consider how you want your customers to feel (secure, smart, economical, etc.), and so on.
Naming your business can be as easy as just using your own name. You can also incorporate celebrity names, public figures, or friends and family members.
Step #3: Use Our Business Name Generator
Use our free business name generator tool by following the 3 simplesteps: Search, select, and get the perfect domain name!
Filter results by location, industry, and domain name to produce more customized brand names for your bank.
Step #4: Register Your Bank Business Name
Visit our business name search page to see if your desired brandable name is available in your state.
Steps After Naming Your Bank
There are some steps you can take to successfully establish brand recognition and credibility for your venture.
- Choose a business structure. Formally structuring a business (e.g., LLC, corporation, etc.) reduces liability. We recommend checking out the Top LLC Formation Services.
- Design a logo for your bank. Creating a logo is vital for increasing brand awareness, and there are several logo maker tools available to help you design a unique one. Use our bank business logo generator to simplify the process.
- Make a website for your bank. Website builders like GoDaddy make the process simple and quick. Check out our Best Website Builder article.
- Use our QR Code Generator. Our QR code tool allows you to create virtual business cards (vCards), market your company, and share your new website with customers.