How to Name a Cleaning Business
As you consider getting your cleaning company started, think about your business name carefully. Cleaning business names can be fun and sparky, interesting, or right to the point. The more creative you are, the more you’ll stand out, but at the same time, you want people to understand what you have to offer.
Try to come up with something that includes important words that people are searching for when looking for the services you offer. You may want to consider things like your location or a specialized service you offer that’s unique.
Use our free business name generator above to discover an array of cleaning business name ideas, or continue reading our quick guide to learn how to name your company.
TRUiC is a privacy-focused company. TRUiC's business name generator protects your personal information so that your searches remain private.
Step #1: Determine Goals for Your Cleaning Business
Your business’s name is the very first connection you will make with prospective customers. It’s important that you define your organization’s mission, vision, values, and target audience as much as possible.
Before naming your cleaning venture, ensure that you fully understand exactly how you will run your company. Familiarize yourself with the industry and determine what it takes to start a successful business by conducting thorough research.
Here are a few factors to keep in mind when launching and naming a cleaning company:
- A cleaning service exists to help ease the burden of cleaning and maintenance for a client, whether it is an office, industrial building, or a home.
- This is an ideal business for an individual with an eye for detail and a strong work ethic. Cleaners also should be comfortable performing manual labor for many hours, since this is a job that requires you to be on your feet all day.
- Ideal customers are long-term corporate or multi-year clients willing to sign service contracts.
Step #2: Begin Brainstorming
We’ve shared some brainstorming techniques that you can use to get your creative juices flowing.
- Jot down some specific keywords for your cleaning business name. Here are a few examples:
- Think of adjectives that would describe your cleaning business and the types of products offered to derive inspiration. Here are some examples:
- Experiment with other branding and brainstorming techniques.
Recommended: Once you have your name, create a logo with our free Logo Generator. To learn about other small business ideas, read our guide.
Cleaning Business Name Ideas
We’ve used general brainstorming techniques to share several creative and catchy business name ideas for a cleaning company.
Creative Approaches to Naming a Business
The following are helpful tips to help you find a unique business name that is relevant to you and/or your industry:
Capitalize on Business Location
The name of your city is one great way to brand your business. You can also think of nicknames that define what your city or state is well known for.
- California Clean-Team
- Denver Deep Cleaners
- Louisiana Luxury Cleaning
- Spotless Services Chicago
- Brooklyn Cleaning Club
Connecting Through Emotion
Words that evoke a certain emotion, reminders of personal experiences, and travel memories may be good for branding.
Pun Fun, Word Combination, and Alliteration
Make brainstorming fun by creating puns, combining two relevant words and/or concepts, or by using same letter and sound repetition.
Short and Sweet
Oftentimes, simply using one word for a business name can be more powerful and engaging for clients/customers. Carefully consider your brand and brainstorm adjectives and synonyms that describe your business idea. For instance, if you own a cleaning business, ask yourself how you would describe what you’re offering (e.g. professionalism, thoroughness, care, etc.). Consider how you want your customers to feel (clean, satisfied, comfortable, etc.), and so on.
Naming your business can be as easy as just using your own name. You can also incorporate names of friends and family members.
Step #3: Use Our Business Name Generator
Discover the perfect brand name for your cleaning business by using our free business name generator tool. Simply follow the 3 steps: Search, select, and get the perfect domain name!
Filter results by location, industry, and domain name to produce more customized brand names for your venture.
Step #4: Register Your Cleaning Business Name
Visit our business name search page to see if your desired brandable name is available in your state.
Steps After Naming Your Cleaning Business
There are some steps you can take to successfully establish brand recognition and credibility for your venture.
- Choose a business structure. Formally structuring a business (e.g., LLC, corporation, etc.) reduces liability. We recommend checking out the Top LLC Formation Services.
- Design a logo for your cleaning business. Creating a logo is vital for increasing brand awareness, and there are several logo maker tools available to help you design a unique one. Use our cleaning business logo generator to simplify the process.
- Make a website for your cleaning business. Website builders like GoDaddy make the process simple and quick. Check out our Best Website Builder article.
- Use our QR Code Generator. Our QR code tool allows you to create virtual business cards (vCards), market your company, and share your new website with customers.