How to Name a College Planning Business
A college planning company has to appeal to both parents and students alike, so you should consider how your name comes across to two sets of people. You want to express confidence in your technical skills, like your understanding of the application process, but you also want to convey your interpersonal abilities. Young people getting ready for a major change in their life want to work with someone who can navigate them through a stressful time. If you’re looking for college planning business names, we’ll give you a few ideas about how to package your company in a few words.
Use our free business name generator above to discover an array of college planning business name ideas, or continue reading our quick guide to learn how to name your company.
TRUiC is a privacy-focused company. TRUiC's business name generator protects your personal information so that your searches remain private.
Step #1: Determine Goals for Your College Planning Business
Your business’s name is the very first connection you will make with prospective customers. It’s important that you define your organization’s mission, vision, values, and target audience as much as possible.
Before naming your college planning venture, ensure that you fully understand exactly how you will run your company. Familiarize yourself with the industry and determine what it takes to start a successful business by conducting thorough research.
Here are a few factors to keep in mind when launching and naming a college planning company:
- College planning consultants guide families through the entire process, assisting in choosing schools, the completion of application forms and essays, and preparing for standardized tests.
- Those with a thirst for knowledge and who are passionate about helping others will excel in this profession.
- Your team’s primary focus will be to get to know these young adults on a personal level, using this knowledge to identify their strengths and weaknesses.
- Your ideal customers recognize the value of higher education and understand the importance of matching each student with the college that best fits their personality and long-term goals.
Step #2: Begin Brainstorming
We’ve shared some brainstorming techniques that you can use to get your creative juices flowing.
- Jot down some specific keywords for your college planning business name. Here are a few examples:
- Think of adjectives that would describe your college planning business and the types of products offered to derive inspiration. Here are some examples:
- Experiment with other branding and brainstorming techniques.
Recommended: Once you have your name, create a logo with our free Logo Generator. To learn about other small business ideas, read our guide.
College Planning Business Name Ideas
We’ve used general brainstorming techniques to share several creative and catchy business name ideas for a college planning company.
Creative Approaches to Naming a College Planning Business
The following are helpful tips to help you find a unique business name that is relevant to you and/or your industry:
Capitalize on Business Location
The name of your city is one great way to brand your business. You can also think of nicknames that define what your city or state is well known for.
- Cambridge College Planning
- Pennsylvania Education Planning
- Iowa Institutions Support
- El Paso Educational Planning
- UC Success Services
Connecting Through Emotion
Words that evoke a certain emotion, reminders of personal experiences, and travel memories may be good for branding.
Pun Fun, Word Combination, and Alliteration
Make brainstorming fun by creating puns, combining two relevant words and/or concepts, or by using same letter and sound repetition.
Short and Sweet
Oftentimes, simply using one word for a business name can be more powerful and engaging for clients/customers. Carefully consider your brand and brainstorm adjectives and synonyms that describe your business idea. For instance, if you own a college planning business, ask yourself how you would describe what you’re offering (e.g., in-depth, professional, insightful, etc.). Consider how you want your customers to feel (supported, successful, relieved, etc.), and so on.
Naming your business can be as easy as just using your own name. You can also incorporate celebrity names, public figures, or friends and family members.
Step #3: Use Our Business Name Generator
Use our free business name generator tool by following the 3 steps: Search, select, and get the perfect domain name!
Filter results by location, industry, and domain name to produce more customized brand names for your college planning company.
Step #4: Register Your College Planning Business Name
Visit our business name search page to see if your desired brandable name is available in your state.
Steps After Naming Your College Planning Business
There are some steps you can take to successfully establish brand recognition and credibility for your company.
- Choose a business structure. Formally structuring a business (e.g., LLC, corporation, etc.) reduces liability. We recommend checking out the Top LLC Formation Services.
- Design a logo for your college planning business. Creating a logo is vital for increasing brand awareness, and there are several logo maker tools available to help you design a unique one. Use our college planning business logo generator to simplify the process.
- Make a website for your college planning business. Website builders like GoDaddy make the process simple and quick. Check out our Best Website Builder article.
- Use our QR Code Generator. Our QR code tool allows you to create virtual business cards (vCards), market your company, and share your new website with customers.