How to Name a Comic Book Store
In the modern age, comic book stores are a place of community for many people. It’s a physical location where customers can come and discover their next favorite series, add to their collections, or just escape into the beloved graphics and stories of their favorite heroes (or anti-heroes as it were).
When you’re considering different comic book store names, you’ll want to give your customers a sense of what they’ll find inside. In addition, if you’re planning to offer more than just reading materials (e.g., DVDs, special events, etc.), leave some leeway in the name so people don’t brand you as a typical bookstore.
Use our free business name generator above to discover an array of comic book store business name ideas, or continue reading our quick guide to learn how to name your company.
TRUiC is a privacy-focused company. TRUiC's business name generator protects your personal information so that your searches remain private.
Step #1: Determine Goals for Your Comic Book Store
Your business’s name is the very first connection you will make with prospective customers. It’s important that you define your organization’s mission, vision, values, and target audience as much as possible.
Before naming your venture, ensure that you fully understand exactly how you will run your company. Familiarize yourself with the industry and determine what it takes to start a successful business by conducting thorough research.
Here are a few factors to keep in mind when launching and naming a comic book store:
- Comic book stores sell comic books and related paraphernalia, such as action figures, models, posters, etc. These shops differ from larger retail bookstores in that they offer a more exclusive selection of comic books and rare collectibles.
- You will need to be an enthusiastic living encyclopedia about the history of comic books, which ones are most treasured by collectors and why.
- Serious collectors are the lifeblood of this business. The customers who want a rare comic book that is extremely hard to find are good and the ones that maintain more than one type of collection are excellent customers.
Step #2: Begin Brainstorming
We’ve shared some brainstorming techniques that you can use to get your creative juices flowing.
- Jot down some specific keywords for your comic book store business name. Here are a few examples:
- Think of adjectives that would describe your comic book store and the types of products offered to derive inspiration. Here are some examples:
- Experiment with other branding and brainstorming techniques.
Recommended: Once you have your name, create a logo with our free Logo Generator. To learn about other small business ideas, read our guide.
Comic Book Store Business Name Ideas
We’ve used general brainstorming techniques to share several creative and catchy business name ideas for a comic book store.
Creative Approaches to Naming a Comic Book Store
The following are helpful tips to help you find a unique business name that is relevant to you and/or your industry:
Capitalize on Business Location
The name of your city is one great way to brand your business. You can also think of nicknames that define what your city or state is well known for.
- Marvel Comics USA
- Seattle Comic Book
- Comic Books of LA
- East Coast Comic Books
- Local Comic Book Store
Connecting Through Emotion
Words that evoke a certain emotion, reminders of personal experiences, and travel memories may be good for branding.
Pun Fun, Word Combination, and Alliteration
Make brainstorming fun by creating puns, combining two relevant words and/or concepts, or by using same letter and sound repetition.
Short and Sweet
Oftentimes, simply using one word for a business name can be more powerful and engaging for clients/customers. Carefully consider your brand and brainstorm adjectives and synonyms that describe your business idea. For instance, if you own a comic book store business, ask yourself how you would describe what you’re offering (e.g., entertainment, books, art, etc.). Consider how you want your customers to feel (nostalgic, excited, immersed, etc.), and so on.
Naming your business can be as easy as just using your own name. You can also incorporate celebrity names, public figures, or friends and family members.
Step #3: Use Our Business Name Generator
Use our free business name generator tool by following the 3 simple steps: Search, select, and get the perfect domain name!
Filter results by location, industry, and domain name to produce more customized brand names for your company.
Step #4: Register Your Comic Book Store Business Name
Visit our business name search page to see if your desired brandable name is available in your state.
Steps After Naming Your Comic Book Store
There are some steps you can take to successfully establish brand recognition and credibility for your venture.
- Choose a business structure. Formally structuring a business (e.g., LLC, corporation, etc.) reduces liability. We recommend checking out the Top LLC Formation Services.
- Design a logo for your comic book store. Creating a logo is vital for increasing brand awareness, and there are several logo maker tools available to help you design a unique one. Use our comic book store logo generator to simplify the process.
- Make a website for your comic book store. Website builders like GoDaddy make the process simple and quick. Check out our Best Website Builder article.
- Use our QR Code Generator. Our QR code tool allows you to create virtual business cards (vCards), market your company, and share your new website with customers.