How to Name a Deli
The popularity of delis and other similar food outlets continues to grow as consumers increasingly focus on what they put into their bodies. Even though not everything sold in a deli is super healthy (although that’s a niche of its own), the idea of handcrafted treats and delicious snacks served in a cozy environment is enough to keep customers coming back for more.
If you want to start a deli, you’ll need a strong brand to break into this booming industry landscape. The first — and possibly most important — part of building your brand involves choosing a business name. While this may sound like a small task, your business name will help your target audience find and remember your brand. Use our guide to the best deli names to help you pick the right name for your business.
Use our free business name generator above to discover an array of deli name ideas, or continue reading our quick guide to learn how to name your company.
TRUiC is a privacy-focused company. TRUiC's business name generator protects your personal information so that your searches remain private.
Step #1: Determine Goals for Your Deli
Your business’s name is the very first connection you will make with prospective customers. It’s important that you define your organization’s mission, vision, values, and target audience as much as possible.
Before naming your venture, ensure that you fully understand exactly how you will run your company. Familiarize yourself with the industry and determine what it takes to start a successful business by conducting thorough research.
Here are a few factors to keep in mind when launching and naming a deli:
- Delicatessen, better known as delis, were brought to the US during the 1800's by German Jews.
- Traditional delis sell Kosher sandwiches and snacks such as knishes, but many small grocery stores which offer a variety of ready-to-eat food items may call themselves delis.
- People considering opening a deli should not only have a background in the restaurant business but more importantly, a passion for the industry.
- Delis appeal to all ethnic and social-economic groups. The ideal customer is anyone looking for a fast, filling meal within walking distance of the location.
Step #2: Begin Brainstorming
We’ve shared some brainstorming techniques that you can use to get your creative juices flowing.
- Jot down some specific keywords for your deli business name. Here are a few examples:
- Think of adjectives that would describe your deli business and the types of products offered to derive inspiration. Here are some examples:
- Experiment with other branding and brainstorming techniques.
Recommended: Once you have your name, create a logo with our free Logo Generator. To learn about other small business ideas, read our guide.
Deli Business Name Ideas
We’ve used general brainstorming techniques to share several creative and catchy business name ideas for a deli.
Creative Approaches to Naming a Deli
The following are helpful tips to help you find a unique business name that is relevant to you and/or your industry:
Capitalize on Business Location
The name of your city is one great way to brand your business. You can also think of nicknames that define what your city or state is well known for.
- Uptown Neighborhood Deli
- Tulsa Area Delicatessen
- The Street Corner Cafe
- Pastrami in Portland
- Your Downtown Deli
Connecting Through Emotion
Words that evoke a certain emotion, reminders of personal experiences, and travel memories may be good for branding.
Pun Fun, Word Combination, and Alliteration
Make brainstorming fun by creating puns, combining two relevant words and/or concepts, or by using same letter and sound repetition.
Short and Sweet
Oftentimes, simply using one word for a business name can be more powerful and engaging for clients/customers. Carefully consider your brand and brainstorm adjectives and synonyms that describe your business idea. For instance, if you own a deli, ask yourself how you would describe what you’re offering (e.g. sandwiches, soups, baked goods, etc.). Consider how you want your customers to feel (happy, satisfied, attended to, etc.), and so on.
Naming your business can be as easy as just using your own name. You can also incorporate names of friends and/or family members.
Step #3: Use Our Business Name Generator
Discover the perfect brand name for your deli business by using our free business name generator tool. Simply follow the 3 steps: Search, select, and get the perfect domain name!
Filter results by location, industry, and domain name to produce more customized brand names for your venture.
Step #4: Register Your Deli Business Name
Visit our business name search page to see if your desired brandable name is available in your state.
Steps After Naming Your Deli
There are some steps you can take to successfully establish brand recognition and credibility for your venture.
- Choose a business structure. Formally structuring a business (e.g., LLC, corporation, etc.) reduces liability. We recommend checking out the Top LLC Formation Services.
- Design a logo for your deli business. Creating a logo is vital for increasing brand awareness, and there are several logo maker tools available to help you design a unique one. Use our deli business logo generator to simplify the process.
- Make a website for your deli business. Website builders like GoDaddy make the process simple and quick. Check out our Best Website Builder article.
- Use Our QR Code Generator. Our QR code tool allows you to create virtual business cards (vCards), market your company, and share your new website with customers.