How to Name a Doula Service
Doulas need to communicate care and competency to their clients, and this starts with a simple brand name. The best doula service business names are memorable, and also instill confidence in the new mothers who hire doulas.
You might draw from the miracle of pregnancy, birth, and life. Alternatively, maybe your doula service’s name will stem from your caring and loving approach to childbirth. Consider why your venture is so important to new mothers, and you’ll find plenty of potential company names.
Use our free business name generator above to discover an array of doula service business name ideas, or continue reading our quick guide to learn how to name your company.
TRUiC is a privacy-focused company. TRUiC's business name generator protects your personal information so that your searches remain private.
Step #1: Determine Goals for Your Doula Service
Your business’s name is the very first connection you will make with prospective customers. It’s important that you define your organization’s mission, vision, values, and target audience as much as possible.
Before naming your doula service, ensure that you fully understand exactly how you will run your company. Familiarize yourself with the industry and determine what it takes to start a successful business by conducting thorough research.
Here are a few factors to keep in mind when launching and naming a doula service:
- Doulas are professionally trained to assist expectant mothers throughout their pregnancy.
- They educate women on pregnancy, labor, and new motherhood, as well as provide emotional and physical support.
- Most women who enter this field are drawn to it because of their passion for supporting other women in their community.
- They are advocates for women’s rights, particularly in the delivery room, where expectant mothers are often pushed into making choices that do not follow their original birthing plan.
- Consider what types of clients you are most drawn to and assess how much of the competition specializes in that area. A few demographics to consider are:
- Intrauterine insemination/in vitro fertilization
- Previous birth trauma
- High risk pregnancy
- Vaginal birth after cesarean
- First baby
- Home birth
Step #2: Begin Brainstorming
We’ve shared some brainstorming techniques that you can use to get your creative juices flowing.
- Jot down some specific keywords for your doula service business name. Here are a few examples:
- Think of adjectives that would describe your doula service and the types of products offered to derive inspiration. Here are some examples:
- Experiment with other branding and brainstorming techniques.
Recommended: Once you have your name, create a logo with our free Logo Generator. To learn about other small business ideas, read our guide.
Doula Service Business Name Ideas
We’ve used general brainstorming techniques to share several creative and catchy business name ideas for a doula service.
Creative Approaches to Naming a Doula Service
The following are helpful tips to help you find a unique business name that is relevant to you and/or your industry:
Capitalize on Business Location
The name of your city is one great way to brand your business. You can also think of nicknames that define what your city or state is well known for.
Connecting Through Emotion
Words that evoke a certain emotion, reminders of personal experiences, and travel memories may be good for branding.
Pun Fun, Word Combination, and Alliteration
Make brainstorming fun by creating puns, combining two relevant words and/or concepts, or by using same letter and sound repetition.
Short and Sweet
Oftentimes, simply using one word for a business name can be more powerful and engaging for clients/customers. Carefully consider your brand and brainstorm adjectives and synonyms that describe your business idea. For instance, if you own a doula service, ask yourself how you would describe what you’re offering (e.g. childbirth assistance, preparations, education, etc.). Consider how you want your customers to feel (satisfied, prepared, calm, etc.), and so on.
Naming your business can be as easy as just using your own name. You can also incorporate celebrity names, public figures, or friends and family members.
Step #3: Use Our Business Name Generator
Use our free business name generator tool by following the 3 steps: Search, select, and get the perfect domain name!
Filter results by location, industry, and domain name to produce more customized brand names for your doula service company.
Step #4: Register Your Doula Service Business Name
Visit our business name search page to see if your desired brandable name is available in your state.
Steps After Naming Your Doula Service
There are some steps you can take to successfully establish brand recognition and credibility for your company.
- Choose a business structure. Formally structuring a business (e.g., LLC, corporation, etc.) reduces liability. We recommend checking out the Top LLC Formation Services.
- Design a logo for your doula service. Creating a logo is vital for increasing brand awareness, and there are several logo maker tools available to help you design a unique one. Use our doula service business logo generator to simplify the process.
- Make a website for your doula service. Website builders like GoDaddy make the process simple and quick. Check out our Best Website Builder article.
- Use our QR Code Generator. Our QR code tool allows you to create virtual business cards (vCards), market your company, and share your new website with customers.