How to Name an Illustration Business
Naming an illustration business? A good name will set you apart by being engaging, memorable, on-brand, and true to your venture. Begin with your preferred mediums, what you illustrate for, and why you like illustrating, and see where the thoughts take you. There are lots of potential illustration business names, and you’re bound to think up several great ones.
Use our free business name generator above to discover an array of illustration business name ideas, or continue reading our quick guide to learn how to name your company.
TRUiC is a privacy-focused company. TRUiC's business name generator protects your personal information so that your searches remain private.
Step #1: Determine Goals for Your Illustration Business
Your business’s name is the very first connection you will make with prospective customers. It’s important that you define your organization’s mission, vision, values, and target audience as much as possible.
Before naming your illustration venture, ensure that you fully understand exactly how you will run your company. Familiarize yourself with the industry and determine what it takes to start a successful business by conducting thorough research.
Here are a few factors to keep in mind when launching and naming an illustration company:
- Illustrators provide their artistic talents to a range of clients, including advertising agencies, publishers, stock image services, web content providers, and other businesses.
- You must have artistic talents and an entrepreneurial drive. This means that your skill set must encompass both the ability to continually find work, to complete it to your clients’ satisfaction, and to continually find new clients.
- The target market might be commercial clients from your chosen areas of expertise or consumers who admire your artistic talents.
Step #2: Begin Brainstorming
We’ve shared some brainstorming techniques that you can use to get your creative juices flowing.
- Jot down some specific keywords for your illustration business name. Here are a few examples:
- Character Design
- Think of adjectives that would describe your illustration and the types of products offered to derive inspiration. Here are some examples:
- Experiment with other branding and brainstorming techniques.
Recommended: Once you have your name, create a logo with our free Logo Generator. To learn about other small business ideas, read our guide.
Illustration Business Name Ideas
We’ve used general brainstorming techniques to share several creative and catchy business name ideas for an illustration company.
Creative Approaches to Naming an Illustration Business
The following are helpful tips to help you find a unique business name that is relevant to you and/or your industry:
Capitalize on Business Location
The name of your city is one great way to brand your business. You can also think of nicknames that define what your city or state is well known for.
- Windy City Illustrations
- Hillside Logo Design
- Beachfront Cartoons
- Southern Charm Depictions
- East Coast Drawings
Connecting Through Emotion
Words that evoke a certain emotion, reminders of personal experiences, and travel memories may be good for branding.
Pun Fun, Word Combination, and Alliteration
Make brainstorming fun by creating puns, combining two relevant words and/or concepts, or by using same letter and sound repetition.
Short and Sweet
Oftentimes, simply using one word for a business name can be more powerful and engaging for clients/customers. Carefully consider your brand and brainstorm adjectives and synonyms that describe your business idea. For instance, if you own an illustration business, ask yourself how you would describe what you’re offering (e.g. custom illustrations, logo design, graphic novel/comic illustrations, etc.). Consider how you want your customers to feel (creative, satisfied, entertained, etc.), and so on.
Naming your business can be as easy as just using your own name. You can also incorporate names of friends and family members.
Step #3: Use Our Business Name Generator
Discover the perfect brand name for your illustration business by using our free business name generator tool. Simply follow the 3 steps: Search, select, and get the perfect domain name!
Filter results by location, industry, and domain name to produce more customized brand names for your venture.
Step #4: Register Your Illustration Business Name
Visit our business name search page to see if your desired brandable name is available in your state.
Steps After Naming Your Illustration Business
There are some steps you can take to successfully establish brand recognition and credibility for your venture.
- Choose a business structure. Formally structuring a business (e.g., LLC, corporation, etc.) reduces liability. We recommend checking out the Top LLC Formation Services.
- Design a logo for your illustration business. Creating a logo is vital for increasing brand awareness, and there are several logo maker tools available to help you design a unique one. Use our illustration business logo generator to simplify the process.
- Make a website for your illustration business. Website builders like GoDaddy make the process simple and quick. Check out our Best Website Builder article.
- Use our QR Code Generator. Our QR code tool allows you to create virtual business cards (vCards), market your company, and share your new website with customers.