How to Name a Jewelry Store
Jewelry purchases are often well-planned, personal, and seen as an investment. As a result, brand presence is very important to potential customers. If you are in the early stages of building your jewelry store, you’ll need to prioritize the efficacy of the brand name you choose.
Jewelry store names should be catchy, trendy, but also timeless to ensure that, even a decade from now, the venture is still relevant and recognized.
Use our free business name generator above to discover an array of jewelry store business name ideas, or continue reading our quick guide to learn how to name your company.
TRUiC is a privacy-focused company. TRUiC's company name generator protects your personal information so that your searches remain private.
Step #1: Determine Goals for Your Jewelry Store
Your business’s name is the very first connection you will make with prospective customers. It’s important that you define your organization’s mission, vision, values, and target audience as much as possible.
Before naming your venture, ensure that you fully understand exactly how you will run your company. Familiarize yourself with the industry and determine what it takes to start a successful business by conducting thorough research.
Here are a few factors to keep in mind when launching and naming a jewelry store:
- Entrepreneurs who enter this industry are usually passionate about metalworking and gemstones and have a good eye for value.
- Jewelry businesses usually specialize in the fabrication and sale of unique jewelry pieces. They also resell estate or secondhand pieces. Some jewelers will also accept pieces on consignment.
- Ideal customers are those shopping for an engagement or wedding ring. Alternatively, those who are interested in and can afford luxury jewelry or custom pieces are also ideal customers.
Step #2: Begin Brainstorming
We’ve shared some brainstorming techniques that you can use to get your creative juices flowing.
- Jot down some specific keywords for your jewelry store business name. Here are a few examples:
- Think of adjectives that would describe your jewelry store and the types of products offered to derive inspiration. Here are some examples:
- Experiment with other branding and brainstorming techniques.
Recommended: Once you have your name, create a logo with our free Logo Generator. To learn about other small business ideas, read our guide.
Jewelry Store Business Name Ideas
We’ve used general brainstorming techniques to share several creative and catchy business name ideas for a jewelry store.
Creative Approaches to Naming a Jewelry Store
The following are helpful tips to help you find a unique business name that is relevant to you and/or your industry:
Capitalize on Business Location
The name of your city is one great way to brand your business. You can also think of nicknames that define what your city or state is well known for.
- Chi-Town Shine
- The Pearl at Pearl Harbor
- Sunshine State Diamonds
- Charm City Cheer
- The Emerald City Jewelers
Connecting Through Emotion
Words that evoke a certain emotion, reminders of personal experiences, and travel memories may be good for branding.
Pun Fun, Word Combination, and Alliteration
Make brainstorming fun by creating puns, combining two relevant words and/or concepts, or by using same letter and sound repetition.
Short and Sweet
Oftentimes, simply using one word for a business name can be more powerful and engaging for clients/customers. Carefully consider your brand and brainstorm adjectives and synonyms that describe your business idea. For instance, if you own a jewelry store, ask yourself how you would describe the jewelry you’re presenting (e.g., shiny, sparkly, high-end, vintage, etc.). Consider how you would want your customers to feel when they wear the jewelry (dazzling, special, fancy, etc.), and so on.
Naming your business can be as easy as just using your own name. You can also incorporate celebrity names, public figures, or friends and family members.
Step #3: Use Our Business Name Generator
Use our free business name generator tool by following the 3 simple steps: Search, select, and get the perfect domain name!
Filter results by location, industry, and domain name to produce more customized brand names for your company.
Step #4: Register Your Jewelry Store Business Name
Visit our business name search page to see if your desired brandable name is available in your state.
Steps After Naming Your Jewelry Store
There are some steps you can take to successfully establish brand recognition and credibility for your venture.
- Choose a business structure. Formally structuring a business (e.g., LLC, corporation, etc.) reduces liability. We recommend checking out the Top LLC Formation Services.
- Design a logo for your jewelry store. Creating a logo is vital for increasing brand awareness, and there are several logo maker tools available to help you design a unique one. Use our jewelry store logo generator to simplify the process.
- Make a website for your jewelry store. Website builders like GoDaddy make the process simple and quick. Check out our Best Website Builder article.
- Use our QR Code Generator. Our QR code tool allows you to create virtual business cards (vCards), market your company, and share your new website with customers.