How to Name a Land Surveying Business
Customers will create expectations from your brand name, so it’s critical that you have the best land surveying business names to choose from for your new venture. A name that conveys your authority in the field, is easy to remember, and captures your brand can be a very powerful marketing tool.
Use our free business name generator above to discover an array of land surveying business name ideas, or continue reading our quick guide to learn how to name your company.
TRUiC is a privacy-focused company. TRUiC's company name generator protects your personal information so that your searches remain private.
Step #1: Determine Goals for Your Land Surveying Business
Your business’s name is the very first connection you will make with prospective customers. It’s important that you define your organization’s mission, vision, values, and target audience as much as possible.
Before naming your land surveying venture, ensure that you fully understand exactly how you will run your company. Familiarize yourself with the industry and determine what it takes to start a successful business by conducting thorough research.
Here are a few factors to keep in mind when launching and naming a land surveying company:
- Throughout the ages, the importance of land surveying has been integral in helping to accurately assess the size and shape of any piece of land or measure the height of an object.
- Land surveying companies play an essential role in the land development industry and can contribute to a nation's economic growth.
- Becoming a fully qualified land surveyor requires dedication, passion and skill in both mathematics and CAD.
- Potential target markets include homeowners, land developers and public organizations, but it's important not to focus solely on any one particular area of the industry.
Step #2: Begin Brainstorming
We’ve shared some brainstorming techniques that you can use to get your creative juices flowing.
- Jot down some specific keywords for your land surveying business name. Here are a few examples:
- Think of adjectives that would describe your land surveying business and the types of products offered to derive inspiration. Here are some examples:
- Experiment with other branding and brainstorming techniques.
Recommended: Once you have your name, create a logo with our free Logo Generator. To learn about other small business ideas, read our guide.
Land Surveying Business Name Ideas
We’ve used general brainstorming techniques to share several creative and catchy business name ideas for a land surveying company.
Creative Approaches to Naming a Land Surveying Business
The following are helpful tips to help you find a unique business name that is relevant to you and/or your industry:
Capitalize on Business Location
The name of your city is one great way to brand your business. You can also think of nicknames that define what your city or state is well known for.
- Garden State Surveys
- Rhode Island Survey Co.
- Measuring Georgia
- Chicago Complete Surveys
- Alabama Area Inquiry
Connecting Through Emotion
Words that evoke a certain emotion, reminders of personal experiences, and travel memories may be good for branding.
Pun Fun, Word Combination, and Alliteration
Make brainstorming fun by creating puns, combining two relevant words and/or concepts, or by using same letter and sound repetition.
Short and Sweet
Oftentimes, simply using one word for a business name can be more powerful and engaging for clients/customers. Carefully consider your brand and brainstorm adjectives and synonyms that describe your business idea. For instance, if you own a land surveying business, ask yourself how you would describe what you’re offering (e.g. square footage measures, lawn assessments, land estimations, etc.). Consider how you want your customers to feel (knowledgable, trusting, informed, satisfied, etc.), and so on.
Naming your business can be as easy as just using your own name. You can also incorporate celebrity names, public figures, or friends and family members.
Step #3: Use Our Business Name Generator
Use our free business name generator tool by following the 3 simple steps: Search, select, and get the perfect domain name!
Filter results by location, industry, and domain name to produce more customized brand names for your land surveying company.
Step #4: Register Your Land Surveying Business Name
Visit our business name search page to see if your desired brandable name is available in your state.
Steps After Naming Your Land Surveying Business
There are some steps you can take to successfully establish brand recognition and credibility for your company.
- Choose a business structure. Formally structuring a business (e.g., LLC, corporation, etc.) reduces liability. We recommend checking out the Top LLC Formation Services.
- Design a logo for your land surveying business. Creating a logo is vital for increasing brand awareness, and there are several logo maker tools available to help you design a unique one. Use our land surveying business logo generator to simplify the process.
- Make a website for your land surveying business. Website builders like GoDaddy make the process simple and quick. Check out our Best Website Builder article.
- Use our QR Code Generator. Our QR code tool allows you to create virtual business cards (vCards), market your company, and share your new website with customers.