How to Name a Notary Business
Notary publics are certified individuals that provide signatures for legal documents like contracts and mortgages. If you’re looking to start a notary business, your name will need to match that same level of professionalism and trustworthiness. Unsure what name to go with? We can help.
Use our free business name generator above to discover an array of notary business name ideas, or continue reading our quick guide to learn how to name your company.
TRUiC is a privacy-focused company. TRUiC's business name generator protects your personal information so that your searches remain private.
Step #1: Determine Goals for Your Notary Business
Your business’s name is the very first connection you will make with prospective customers. It’s important that you define your organization’s mission, vision, values, and target audience as much as possible.
Before naming your notary venture, ensure that you fully understand exactly how you will run your company. Familiarize yourself with the industry and determine what it takes to start a successful business by conducting thorough research.
Here are a few factors to keep in mind when launching and naming a notary company:
- An aspiring entrepreneur with the ambition to work hard and succeed could build a successful and profitable career as their own boss by becoming a Notary Public.
- This involves verifying legal documents such as contracts, mortgages, and property deeds with their signature in exchange for proof of identification from a home office, brick-and-mortar establishment, mobile service, or online.
- Notary businesses should avoid limiting themselves to one kind of client. With multiple documents needing notarization, it's a smart idea to reach out to as many potential customers as possible when advertising!
Step #2: Begin Brainstorming
We’ve shared some brainstorming techniques that you can use to get your creative juices flowing.
- Jot down some specific keywords for your notary business name. Here are a few examples:
- Notarial Act
- Notary Public
- Document Authentication
- Signature Verification
- Legal Witnessing
- Think of adjectives that would describe your notary business and the types of products offered to derive inspiration. Here are some examples:
- Experiment with other branding and brainstorming techniques.
Recommended: Once you have your name, create a logo with our free Logo Generator. To learn about other small business ideas, read our guide.
Notary Business Name Ideas
We’ve used general brainstorming techniques to share several creative and catchy business name ideas for a notary company.
Creative Approaches to Naming a Business
The following are helpful tips to help you find a unique business name that is relevant to you and/or your industry:
Capitalize on Business Location
The name of your city is one great way to brand your business. You can also think of nicknames that define what your city or state is well known for.
Connecting Through Emotion
Words that evoke a certain emotion, reminders of personal experiences, and travel memories may be good for branding.
Pun Fun, Word Combination, and Alliteration
Make brainstorming fun by creating puns, combining two relevant words and/or concepts, or by using same letter and sound repetition.
Short and Sweet
Oftentimes, simply using one word for a business name can be more powerful and engaging for clients/customers. Carefully consider your brand and brainstorm adjectives and synonyms that describe your business idea. For instance, if you own a notary business, ask yourself how you would describe the services you’re offering (e.g., mortgage notarizing, expertise, experience, contracts and deeded notary service, etc.). Consider how you want your customers to feel (satisfied, pleased, helped, etc.), and so on.
Naming your business can be as easy as just using your own name. You can also incorporate names of friends and family members.
Step #3: Use Our Business Name Generator
Use our free business name generator tool by following the 3 simple steps: Search, select, and get the perfect domain name!
Filter results by location, industry, and domain name to produce more customized brand names for your venture.
Step #4: Register Your Notary Business Name.
Visit our business name search page to see if your desired brandable name is available in your state.
Steps After Naming Your Notary Business
There are some steps you can take to successfully establish brand recognition and credibility for your venture.
- Choose a business structure. Formally structuring a business (e.g., LLC, corporation, etc.) reduces liability. We recommend checking out the Top LLC Formation Services.
- Design a logo for your notary business. Creating a logo is vital for increasing brand awareness, and there are several logo maker tools available to help you design a unique one. Use our notary business logo generator to simplify the process.
- Make a website for your notary business. Website builders like GoDaddy make the process simple and quick. Check out our Best Website Builder article.
- Use our QR Code Generator. Our QR code tool allows you to create virtual business cards (vCards), market your company, and share your new website with customers.